4E Dungeons&Dragons With Noctis

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I just wanted to make sure everyone was still keen on the idea. The concept of being able to play a D&D game without scheduling times and meeting up IRL was a real nice one for me, as those are the only reasons why I haven't been able to do such a thing yet.

Hope all this bollocks with your money goes alright Satsu. =/

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Anyway, while we're still in the pre-starting stage I figure I should ask what style of play you want to role with. Like, do you want to do a lot of dungeon cralwing, hack and slash, or have more of a narrative focus.

Do we want something light hearted and whimsical, or grim and dark? Humurous, or serious?

Basicly, what do you guys want out of this campaign?

EDIT: Might not be able to get a month subscription myself yet. It wants me to be logged in and I can't remember my password. Naturally the password recovery option is "temporarily unavailable".

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I like all of these things and wouldn't mind which path we delved into quite honestly. But in the interest of actually answering your question (in case others don't) I will say that something grim and dark would be pretty cool so long as humour is added in the form of dark humour.

I want to be able to lodge a knife in a guy's head and then briefly comment on how thick that guy's skull was compared to the skull of his best friend who was killed previously.

Maybe that's a little too specific.
:monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I DEED IT

username is [email protected]
PW: tlsf4e

images

That there is my mental image of you right now.

Alright gents, lets see about getting your characters all set up and made. Once everyone has had a chance to make a character we can see about unleashing doom upon you all.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Anything I need to know when creating a character? Which campaign setting do I need to choose? Also starting level etc?

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Anything I need to know when creating a character? Which campaign setting do I need to choose? Also starting level etc?

If memory serves the character creator should be able to guide you through most of what you need to know. We'll be starting at level 1, and I wouldn't worry about the campaign setting.

Odds are I'm going to use more of a custom setting with certain locations and elements borrowed from my favourite settings. Mostly the default 4e setting, and eberron, unless anyone doesn't like those settings.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Okay I saved my only partially done Revenant character to the character creator. You can check it out by going onto the creator and hitting the load button. Feel free to comment and tell me the horrible mistakes I am making before I finish making the character and grow attached. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
revenants and their curse-magic. *shakes fist*

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Okay I saved my only partially done Revenant character to the character creator. You can check it out by going onto the creator and hitting the load button. Feel free to comment and tell me the horrible mistakes I am making before I finish making the character and grow attached. :monster:

Looks good to me so far.

I've not shared an account before. Can multiple people use it at once, or do we have to do it one at a time? If its the latter we should work out which order we're gonna use it in.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
You *can* use it concurrently, but there's just issues in saving and printing, is all.

I think you can edit characters, but it just brings up errors every now and then. Best to have people on one at a time.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
You *can* use it concurrently, but there's just issues in saving and printing, is all.

I think you can edit characters, but it just brings up errors every now and then. Best to have people on one at a time.

Gotcha. I don't have any immediate need to use it, other than looking over the characters you guys have made. I'll probably make use of it after the first adventure however.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
It's also good for searching up magic items and stuff that you want to assign to people as quest rewards. :cthulhu:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
It's also good for searching up magic items and stuff that you want to assign to people as quest rewards. :cthulhu:

Very true. I fact I will keep in mind.

Anyway, if its cool with you guys I'd like to start by sometime tommorow. I don't want to rush you though. If it looks like it might take longer than that to get all the characters made I can wait, but if possible I want to start real soon.

I plan to have this be a narrative driven campaign, so if you guys want to write a bit of backstory for your characters thats cool. Not only will it add more depth to the characters, but it'll give me fuel for future adventures, although I already have some in mind.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I'll try and post up my character sheet for reference and I'll add backstory alongside the poast. :3

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I'll try this and see how it goes. I'm way to good at getting into character's heads... and trying to stay true to lore...

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Also, tomorrow sounds good but I'll be out for a bit in the middle of my Sunday (for a live D&D session, :monster:) I'll hang around mIRC and skype and the forum and whatnot, so if I'm on be sure to ping me before I disappear :3

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I finished up my character. Gotta say after looking at all the options available to me and the path I've chosen, I'm really looking forward to getting on with this now. Woop woop.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Alright, Vaan, Obsidian Fire, still need your characters before we can start proper.

I also recall Dawnbreaker expressing an interest. Were you still interested in joining?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Um, guys, where's the link to the actual character builder? I know it's here somewhere 'cause I've clicked on it before, but now I can't find it... :huh:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Okay, I'm done! And did they seriously put the compendium right next to the character builder? TES lore was fun to read and I'm a sucker for that type of stuff... fortunately I don't have any books to read right now...

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Okay, I'm done! And did they seriously put the compendium right next to the character builder? TES lore was fun to read and I'm a sucker for that type of stuff... fortunately I don't have any books to read right now...

Awesome! Now we just need Vaan and we should have enough to start.

What sort of character did you make?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Shade Thief, but there's a fair chuck of back-story involved as for why it's a Shade. Let's just say it was the best of several bad options at the time.

Top Bottom