• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

4E Dungeons&Dragons With Noctis

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'm also going to remove my signatures from posts in that thread because I have a feeling we'll be seeing a great quantity of small posts and it'll be hard enough following it without having to scroll through constant stacks of signatures. :monster:

I actually use the vB default skin for TLSF (makes it more sfw, :cthulhu:) so most of the embedded images I see are simply URLs on my screen and signatures don't show up by default, but some of you probably aren't as spartan as me and have lots of stuff on-screen.

Just puttin that out thar yo

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I am now intent on RP'ing as if my character believes that Vaan is completely delusional referring to gold as 'gil' and speaking of sky pirates. The poor boy has lost his mind.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Although as that post was from his pov, I don't think our characters know that's what's going though his head... yet. If he does start talking FF out loud though... :muhaha:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
This is turning into a "how many pop-culture references can we make without violating lore" contest insn't it?

Well played Vaan.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Also btw iirc 250 gold is supposed to be a fair bit of money, especially by level 1 standards :monster:

Yalls can correct me if I'm wrong though.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Better question: are we even in the Ebberon setting? 'cause there's a big difference between the "normal" D&D setting, Ebberon and Forgotten Realms...

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Judging from the opening post, we are certainly in Eberron as Sharn is a main city in that setting. :monster:

Also, I believe we are still using Keep of the Shadowfell as a quest template except as with quite a few quests set in Nentir Vale they can be adapted for different settings.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
We are using Ebberon at the moment. Anyway, has everybody made their response to Sylvia? If so I'll move us along to the plot.

@Vaan I'll answer your question regarding the government in Eberon in depth a little later. For now I'll settle for saying there are five main nations on the continent of Khorvaire, which is where you guys are at. For the kmost part none of them are really good or evil so much. Ebberon is a bit more grey than other settings judging from my experiences.

For anyone who is curious I'm going to post a map of Khorvaire and some art of Sharn below this line.

The city you guys are in is in the south of the map, right around the base of the Dagger River.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Oooh! Maps! and the city's tall enough we have vertical districts...

Given that there's worse things out their, the government probably isn't as bad as they are...

And I'm good... You can move the plot along.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Is the government in Ebberon bad enough for me to hate it and want to rebel?

Well, the government in the nation of Breland, which is where our campaign is set at the moment, is not really evil. In fact the citizens of Breland generally have more freedoms than in other nations. Here, I'll post a passage from the book real quick.

Ebberon said:
Breland leads the way in social and political innovation, and its people have greater rights and liberties than those of the other five nations.

King Borenal commands the kingdoms armies and enforces its laws, but he shares a great deal of power with a parliment elected by the citizens. The parliment consists of two branches: the Nobles Chamber and the Commons Chamber. Twenty seven nobles make up the Nobles Chamber. Each holds it for life and passes it on to his/her heir.

The people elect the Common Legislators for terms of two years. Power and influence shift from one chamber to the other, depending on the charisma and stature of the chambers leaders. The parliaments primary responsibility is to create laws. As a result people have parliament to thank for their increased freedoms.

Democracy flourishes in Breland, but loyalty and love for the King keep the people from dismantling the monarchy altogether.

So yeah, Breland's a cool place to live.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Can I make a Nature check to determine how many individual tracks there are and where they lead?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Am I the one rolling? :P

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
If we know what a Kobold is, can we say without rolling?

Well, normally I'd say no, because of the difference between player and character knowledge. But kobolds are fairly common so I don't see why your characters wouldn't know about them. So thats fine this time.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Just checking... and I realized Vaan's character is only 17 while the rest of us are over 45. So there's a couple decades of experience between our group members.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
"Shut up Vaan, adults are talking" is definitely getting a mention more than once.

Top Bottom