• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Aerith or Aeris?

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
There should be a joke about "Resurrecting her as DLC" in this game.

Because we all know we want her AND Sephiroth in our party.

Alnair

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I want her to be Aeris, but I know Square Enix will call her Aerith. I just can't imagine her as Aerith, though, no matter how hard I try. Aerith just sounds wrong to me.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I don't get people that have trouble pronouncing "Aerith" but can pronounce "Sephiroth". Why not ask Square to rename him Sephiros?

because sephiroth is a scrub and aeris is a goddess who deserves a nice soft s sound at the end of her name

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
No to anything that lets Aeris* be resurrected. Yes to a post-credits minigame in which she has to fight off increasingly more powerful swarms of Hedgehog Pies with her end-of-disc-one stats and equipment. :monster:

* I still call her Aeris when I'm referring to the original game, and until it's confirmed that she'll be Aerith in the remake, I'll be sticking with that.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
^Hey if characters in FFXIII can be revived in FFXIII-2, I say go for it, full tilt.

Post game perhaps, but still...

Jihl Nabaat
turned FF Deaths on their ear, guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Spoilers! I've never played Final Fantasy XIII. :(

What's the accepted statute of limitations on spoilers around here anyway? I notice our rules page still mentions Advent Children Complete...

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I don't know but I found an old thread where someone casually mentioned some massive spoilers for Xenoblade chronicles in 2014. I think it was somewhere in the sub-final fantasy section. I figure major spoilers should probably be tagged for a decade, while minor spoilers can be 5 years, just to be safe.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Seriously????

These games have been out for a while...

Don't tell me there's still people who haven't played FFVII....

:facepalm:

Dravin

Awaiting 2017
I'm sure it'll be Aerith, since as has been already said, that's how they've done it in every subsequent FFVII-related title and even in her KH cameos. I like both names, so either one's fine for me. At any rate, I'm just glad they're finally doing it! :excited:

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
I won't lie, I want more Zack, because he felt barely brushed in FFVII when he was such a major character to both Cloud and Aerith. It's only fair (haha) that we'd get more of him in the game through flashbacks and whatnot.
I might be giving the game too much credit, but I think that Zack being so disregarded is sort of geniously heartbreaking.
I recently got to watch a friend play the game for the first time. He had Aeris in his party when he got to Gongaga, so he got that lil scene with Zack's parents. Then in the middle of the scene he started inputting commands into Twitch Plays Pokemon and I got REALLY MAD. I was like, pay attention, this is important, Zack is so important. Why aren't you crying right now.
I pretty much cry over anything regarding Zack. I think a large part of that is, though, that you are sort of inclined to overlook him at first. Then when you find out how important he was, and how good of guy he was, you already know he's dead, and that's so painful.
Though, I would like to see Cloud be a bit more apologetic about stealing Zack's life. Maybe tell the rest of the team a bit about the guy. Keep him alive in our memories, so to speak.

Also, I'm the kind of person that is constantly revisiting old sections of map at any possible point of state change. I saw the Shinra mansion flashback on my first game. I loooove exploring and stumbling into things like that.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
Oh, and I say "Aeris," but idc. I'd place my bets on them going with "Aerith." Unless they actually give us the opportunity to name every character. And either FFX-2 it, and dodge awkwardly around saying anyone's names, or Tomodachi Life it and do a text-to voice thing. Which, both of those would be hilarious. But I don't expect nor want them.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I don't think anyone here cares about VII spoilers, but you posted about XIII in a VII thread. :P

That's not the point! :doh:

It was an EXAMPLE of something they could do for Aerith.

Finding out a character is DLC isn't exactly a spoiler.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
As opposed to sibilance, which replaces "S" with "SH."

(the terms 'lisp' and 'sibilant' are pretty cruel, don't you think?)

Anyway, I would be just as happy with Aerish as Aerith.

Top Bottom