• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Aerith or Aeris?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
It's Aerith, because that's her actual name in Japanese and the english translators fixed that up after the original game...or this is becoming an arguement of Reno's age all over again?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Don't you mean Leno? :P <.< Anybody that argues that its Leno can kindly fuck off. :P

....I'm sticking with Reno, thanks. Besides, the first two letters of that name is both diagramed or whatever with Squall's character in KH as Leon, and Axel's original's self Lea(since Axel/Lea is created/modeled/based after Reno).

Plus, we're talking about the name of the Flower Girl in FFVII here. Plus, in both Crisis Core and in KH, everyone calls her Aerith(even Goofy has no trouble in saying Aerith's name and I do hope she returns for KH3).

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I think it's because of two things:1) People who are thick as pigshit 2) Auto correct. :monster:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
WELL IS IT TERRA OR TINA?

HUN?!?

Seriously you are all arguing over this, but no-one mentions the above or even Exdeath or Exodus.

Like come on now.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Tina in Japan, Terra here. The reason for both is "It sounds exotic"
Yes, they named her Tina because it sounded exotic. To us, it sounds like Tuesday, so it was changed.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
I dunno why some people seem to mistake 'discussing' for 'arguing'....nobody's "Pistols-At-Dawn"-ing the individuals on the other side of the fence, and it also seems like we all understand that S.E. 'adjusted' her name to Aerith after the original release, and that's what it's going to be now. As I understand it, we're just discussing our preferences, who likes which name better, and why....yknow, since this is a forum? If the thread went, "Hey, remember how Aerith used to be Aeris and then they re-translated it?" "Yes. Now shut up about it, and never mention that again, cos it's settled", that wouldn't be much of a thread at all, now would it?:P

Also, as far as name symbolism goes, is it really coincidental that Terra's name is 'earth'?

Top Bottom