Any scenes you didn't like that changed or are new?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I always though Elena was the type of girl to wear lipstick like that, though. I mean, in FFVII we see her putting on makeup during battles. :/

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The problem is, it looks weird on her.

Like a neon color, it immediately draws attention to her lips.

Tiefenrausch

Solitary Dancer
If Aeris was able to heal all the people with her funny church soda - why did she wait until everything got totally messed up by Kadaj and gang, Sephiroth, Bahamut....the list goes on. Imo she's as perverted as Sephiroth and loves watching suffering people, especially Chocobohead. :awesomonster:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
If Aeris was able to heal all the people with her funny church soda - why did she wait until everything got totally messed up by Kadaj and gang, Sephiroth, Bahamut....the list goes on. Imo she's as perverted as Sephiroth and loves watching suffering people, especially Chocobohead. :awesomonster:

I think it was due to Sephiroth's spirit and will.

His presence was kinda blocking her.

That's why she was only able to use that holy rain to heal everyone's geostigma after Sephiroth is defeated.

lolo

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I didn't like how reno and rude fell from the helicopter, they landed like they were mario and luigi or something! so unreal/comical.. it was a total turn off for me =___=

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
On the phone thingy not making any sense, Suzaku ( I think ) dropped a comment on Shinra's (cell) phone system running through the Lifestream. Dunno if he just made that up or read in some occifial thing, but that would make sense.

@lolo: Reno / Rude are supposed to be the comic relief, like they were in the game, :monster:. I mean, Reno smashes Rude's face in with his stick, for lulz.

lolo

Lv. 1 Adventurer
now here comes the question.......... WERE THEY ACTUALLY THE COMIC-RELIEF CHARACTERS IN THE ACTUAL GAME *_________* ?!

(also, they can make us laugh without acting like 'fools' or 'fluffycreatures'.. :/)

Shuriken_girl

Lv. 1 Adventurer
To be honest I didn' like the parallel between Tifa/Aerith and Denzel/Zack when Cloud saves them. I think it was forced.
I love the idea of Cloud saving his "family" but without the connection to the past events.
Tifa and Denzel have their own place in Cloud's heart. It wasn't necessary in my opinion to show them like that.

keishajl

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Keisha, Kei
To be honest I didn' like the parallel between Tifa/Aerith and Denzel/Zack when Cloud saves them. I think it was forced.
I love the idea of Cloud saving his "family" but without the connection to the past events.
Tifa and Denzel have their own place in Cloud's heart. It wasn't necessary in my opinion to show them like that.

Yup, I agreed with you in some points... but i think that he saw them because he remembered how they died ( again the feeling of guilt) so he won't the same thing happens with Tifa and Denzel... however i continue agreed with you.. was better that he did not "see" them.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
now here comes the question.......... WERE THEY ACTUALLY THE COMIC-RELIEF CHARACTERS IN THE ACTUAL GAME *_________* ?!

(also, they can make us laugh without acting like 'fools' or 'fluffycreatures'.. :/)

No, each and every character in the original was the comic relief, :monster:.

You can't expect people to take a remote-controlled fortune-telling cat-robot on a fat mechanical moogle seriously, rite? Nor a main character crossdressing, :monster:.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I dunno why people magically forget how goofy Reno and Rude were in that game.

"Oh yeah, don't step on the flowers."

"Rude, who do you like?"

"We may be retreating but...we're still victorious."

They were always goofing around and saying nonsensical stuff.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yar. The medium and lack of animation skillz however couldn't bring that over as much as this movie did - the game was limited to some basic animations, the rest had to be deduced from the conversations. Which were pretty limited in themselves, due to them being text and limited to a sentence or two per box.

I probably got 50% of the whole story from reading stuff on forums and whatnot, :monster:. Maybe even more - a lot of the stuff in FFVII isn't directly obvious.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I dunno why people magically forget how goofy Reno and Rude were in that game.

"Oh yeah, don't step on the flowers."

"Rude, who do you like?"

"We may be retreating but...we're still victorious."

They were always goofing around and saying nonsensical stuff.

And then there were the parts where they were dead serious doing awful things that resulted in some serious shit.

They had their moments but they were professional for the most part. Goes both ways I guess.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
You're right (although I think the only part they do that is Sector 7), but I suppose it's no less inconsistent than Tseng desperate to deliver Aeris' love letters in CC and then slapping her in the face for almost no reason in FF7...

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I wasn't really implying any inconsistency right there, bu you're right, it is :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You're right (although I think the only part they do that is Sector 7), but I suppose it's no less inconsistent than Tseng desperate to deliver Aeris' love letters in CC and then slapping her in the face for almost no reason in FF7...

I dunno, maybe he was afraid she was trying to push him out of the helicopter? :awesome:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
He didn't slap her for no reason. She was probably screaming in his ear and he needed to show that he didn't care about her to the rest of the Turks. LOL

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Something that doesn't really matter and it's not a make or break thing on anything, but I am wishing that Aerith would have stayed in the credits. It was such a gorgeous shot of her. But at least they fixed her in the church. XD

And yeah I understand why they took her out, but it would have been nice if she had still been there. But I agree it was probably for the best anyway. Would have diminished some of the other things that happened (and kind of did in AC anyway).

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Okay, I just watched the ACC English version.

I wish they could have change Aerith's voice actress. DX

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I didn't think that Mena Suvari sounded all that bad. Aerith didn't have many lines, and they were of a more soft/ethereal type nature. I agree Mena can't do anything other than that *gagKHII* but she's tollerable in AC.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I noticed because it looked unnatural.
They did nothing major to it. It looks like they just took a darkening/burnign tool to her face. Lazy, SE. LOL

I'm glad there are shadow though. She looks prettier now.

EDIT:
And Suvari is terrible. Don't even try defending her LOL

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm glad she's not in the credits anymore, because it pisses off people who think Cloud and Aerith fucked in the flower field. :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't see how people say Suvari is so bad when Cook is hardly better.

So many of her lines sound so fake and saccharine that it sounds immensely awkward.

Top Bottom