Any scenes you didn't like that changed or are new?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I don't hate both versions. I just dislike one more than the other.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Look a few posts back for your answer.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
In English I like everyone but Aeris. In Japanese I like everyone but Tifa. Tifa has many more lines than Aeris, so English it is ^_^

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Tifa has many more lines than Aeris, so English it is ^_^

That's why I hate Cook's Tifa more than Suvari's Aerith.

Out of all of the bad acting, and shitty dialogue, hers is the worst for me.

But that, probably has more to do with her being my favorite character than anything.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
What's so wrong with her? I think she does a really good job. And you can't pin dilly dally shilly shally on her so don't try. When she's yelling at Cloud its a lot more believable, I think, than Ito's.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
What's so wrong with her? I think she does a really good job. And you can't pin dilly dally shilly shally on her so don't try. When she's yelling at Cloud its a lot more believable, I think, than Ito's.

She's trying to sound way too light, sweet, and kind that it sounds unbelievable fake and inappropriate. Same problem Suvari has tbh. It sounds much more apparent in ACC too.

I don't give a shit about Ito and her performance tbh. I prefer good english dubs over japanese any day. AC, it sounds so damn under performed, and dull. I did not get the feeling that anyone gave a crap about the project, or had any passion for their roles. The crap ass dialogue changes didn't help.

Isabella

Your Mom
I thought the new Marlene was good.

Steve Burton as Cloud is pretty good most of the time, but the way he said the final line in the movie ("this is where a hero began his journey" or something) was awful. He sounded like he was reading.

A

Great Old One
I thought the new Marlene was good.

Steve Burton as Cloud is pretty good most of the time, but the way he said the final line in the movie ("this is where a hero began his journey" or something) was awful. He sounded like he was reading.
I agree - there's that pause in between the sentence. Something like:

Cloud: This is... *pauses* where a hero began... *pauses* his journey.

Sounded kinda forced too.

EDIT: By the way, loving your new avatar. ^_^

Isabella

Your Mom
EDIT: By the way, loving your new avatar.
Thanks. What's old is new again. :monster:

I did love the emphasis on family in this movie, I'll say that. :)

On a non voice actor note, I still think its funny how it sounds like Cloud's just bragging in that scene
Ah, allow the guy a little boasting. He was a little cocky in DoC, so it had to take root somewhere.

A

Great Old One
It does sound like he's bragging, but I'm glad that they added that scene to make Cloud think of himself as a hero, finally. :)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'm just curious, what did you think of Marlene's new dub? Especially in her scene with Cloud.

Marlene wasn't bad. The scene really highlighted how Burton's voice doesn't match Cloud's appearance though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
There's no way we can argue over something so subjective, but I don't see it.

And guys, I don't think Cloud was actually talking about himself, I thought he was referring to Zack. I liked that he was cocky in DC, that was funny and still in character. Calling himself a hero would be a little odd.

Isabella

Your Mom
How was he talking about Zack, though? Zack died there. I see it as talking about Cloud because one of the themes of ACC is Cloud recognizing the hero in himself.

A

Great Old One
At first I thought that too, because I don't think SE necessarily would like Cloud to sound so proud, but watching the scene it does look like he's referring to himself. :awesomonster:

I guess it's a good thing because he's finally realized that he's a hero, and like Isabella said, one of the themes of ACC is Cloud recognizing the hero in himself... though, if he really wanted to speak of himself, I think it would have been better if he had stated himself as in 'I,' rather than, 'hero.'

Isabella

Your Mom
But if he just said "where I began my journey," we wouldn't have gotten that he finally sees his own value.

I suddenly have Mariah Carey singing in my head. Somebody make it stop. :(

A

Great Old One
I know, I would have just preferred it if he had used, "I," instead of, "hero." Then there would be no question to whom it was referring to. :monster:

I suddenly have Mariah Carey singing in my head. Somebody make it stop. :(
Is it Hero?

Old Mariah Carey is love. Present Mariah Carey is... divalicious trash. :(

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
There's no way we can argue over something so subjective, but I don't see it.

Because it's not as subjective as people make it out to be? It's fine and all if you don't see it. You either do or you don't. But we weren't really arguing, now were we?

I don't think I've ever met anyone who wasn't a FF fan that really thought the dub was anything past serviceable though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Because it's not as subjective as people make it out to be? It's fine and all if you don't see it. You either do or you don't. But we weren't really arguing, now were we?

No, I just meant we couldn't on that point.

I don't think I've ever met anyone who wasn't a FF fan that really thought the dub was anything past serviceable though.

I have, a few. Though, most everyone who was willing to watch AND wasn't an FF fan is a big anime fan, and none of them like dubs anyway:monster:

Top Bottom