Any scenes you didn't like that changed or are new?

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Cook may be cheesy but Suvari is just painful.
She is also the one VA that the majority of people have a problem with. None fo them are stellar by any means, just Suvari takes the cake.

Personally, I like Cloud's and Sephiroth's the best. Zack sounds fuckin awful when he gives Cloud that pep talk :(

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Cook is just as bad as Survari as far as I'm concerned.

And I'd like Newbern's Sephiroth more if it he didn't sound so damn jovial all the time.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You lot are all nuts for even bothering to watch the movie with English VA's. It's worse than a kid's show.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
You lot are all nuts for even bothering to watch the movie with English VA's. It's worse than a kid's show.

I wouldn't say worse, but it's as bad.

And how else am I supposed to tell what's being said in the new scenes?

What little japanese words I recognize isn't enough to follow it.

I wish that dub was as good as FMA or Gits still though.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You don't, that's obviously why it's in Japanese, :monster:.

Also, no fansubs yet? Slow fansub community is sloooow.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol Yeah I like seeing her smash up kitchens.

I do have to say that if there is one voice that sounds off to me it's Rufus'.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Take off the rose colored glasses Tenny.

You belong on the darkside.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Cook was bad, Suvari was worse, and I didn't like the Shinra group all that much. Rufus, on the one hand, is a pompous heir to a technological kingdom. So he's supposed to be all light and airy. But at the same time with him suffering from Geostigma, I expected some hoarseness to it. I agree with Dacon on Tifa pretty much saying everything with attitude of a teenage prep girl who's so fake to be everyone's friend.

....that's not to say who Tifa is, that's just how the tone of her voice always came across to me. Cook has a deeper voice than that naturally, I wish she used more of it.

I love Aerith, but she sounds so flat. =/ Worse so in KHII. I wish they used her CC actress for those few lines.

Cloud, love his voice but sometimes I found it didn't quite fit with the situation. When arguing with Rufus in Healen, and they're going back and forth he should sound more agitated. Instead it's just "I'm leaving." not "I'm leaving!" But other than that he was well done. :3 Dubbing for him was maybe the worse of the bunch though in regards to lip sync.

Did anyone else think that lip syncing this time around was worse than AC? :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Tbh the Japanese va had the same damn problem. Tifa sounds like a fucking mouse woman with a squeaky voice in japanese.

As I said I have no desire to watch the English dub. I'm not an anti dub person or anything but, the acting was just god awful in AC. I still can't get over dilley dalley shilly shalley either.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Haha, yeah that was an epic fail in itself. I like the Jap version because a lot of the time the voice does suit the character better than the English, and the lip sync is spot on. But alas, not subs yet.

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW
I wish SE had put more effort into finding people who sounded right for the English dub. Or at least took more time and let the people fall into their roles, they could talk about how it was fun, or their favorite part, or what they thought of others. When I read about the process for the Japanese dub, it seemed much more paced and people enjoyed their role. The English dub, on the other hand, always came off as rushed to me, and like the people had no idea who their character actually was. Rufus? He was the president of a megacorporation who is now dying of a disease. And so on. I actually don't mind Reno's English VA much, though I wish he was able to use more slang. Overall, many voices are flat. Cloud especially, and Zack as well (especially during his speech. Yuck), and I honestly liked Aerith's CC VA better than her AC. She sounded so much better! Hopefully, for future titles, they'll keep her.

I'm not anti-dub, by the way. Sometimes I find dubs better than the original (namely, Wolf's Rain). Advent Children, or the whole Compilation in general, just wasn't one of those times.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Gonna be honest here. Don't really like the japanese version much either.

I just really don't like the dub. I think a properly casted and well acted dub would be superior to the japanese version.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I watched the version less annoying to my ears obv.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Not all of them sound like that you know.

Top Bottom