Avatar: The Last Airbender & Korra (SPOILERS)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Gahhh I just downloaded this whole show but it's the dub version. I prefer subbed version of even Trigun and Bebop, but if the dub of this is as good as those I'll give it a try. Is it?

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
Ugh the music in that clip is perfect
When is this premiering again?

Z

Zealkin

Really?? Why did I think it was an anime? Thank d00d.
Because it's the first quality American cartoon we've seen everin awhile? :D

And I just got the Promise today guys, it's soooo good!

Ugh the music in that clip is perfect
When is this premiering again?
I know right! And hopefully near the beginning of Spring, all we know is that it's 2012 :/

Elisa Maza

Whomst
There are some images cleaned.

Still, I think these gifs are awesome.

tumblr_lyvqf7lr7i1qgrr07o1_400.gif

And Sokka's legacy lives on.

tumblr_lyvp5gNyuq1qgsmk4.jpg

tumblr_lnqnk5tmnM1qlkcldo1_500.gif

XD

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Aw man I was waiting for an appropriate moment to break out the Sokka Water Tribe gif. :(

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Does this show ever get, uh, better? The pilot episodes have me seriously disenchanted. The world is nice enough, but the dialogue, story and characters leave a lot to be desired. I find the light-hearted, kid-show-esque comedy really grating in a way that Gargoyles and ReBoot never were. Do they drop that eventually?

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I find that the show is a gradual climb. The first season didn't hold my attention quite as much as season 2, which was very good. Then there's season 3 which is absolutely fantastic.

I think I am biased though. As much as I love Sokka, I never really cared for Aang or Katara as characters. Season 2+3 saw the introduction/expansion of a much more interesting set of characters. Especially Zuko, Azula and Toph.

Plus the fucking Fire Nation had the coolest set of characters and was generally just the coolest everything.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
yeah season 3 and the entire fire nation arc is just really incredible

a lot of the dialogue in season 1 is extremely weak and the jokes aren't nearly as funny

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
The show always has elements of all-ages comedy throughout all the seasons (it is partially why many love the show, that it can be mature and comedic at the same time, so it just might not be for you (Mr. Ite)). Particularly from Sokka and Toph, but it balances it out with group/friendship building and angst (primarily from Zuko and some from Aang in the later seasons). And I am not really sure what you mean by bad dialogue, can be a little more specific or give some examples?

Have you gotten to the The Storm or Blue Spirit episodes yet? Those are considered some of the best episodes in the series and kickstarts the pacing and character development for season 1.

Honestly it seemed like once the first season was done they realized what they could do/were given more freedom based on ratings, cause season 1 was pretty kiddy.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Remember this show is/was on Nickelodeon. They never would have allowed it to start off with the same tone that the second and third seasons have. You can bet it was the fact that ratings were high that Nickelodeon let them have more leeway.

And believe me, it get's awesome. My personal favorite arc of the series was all the stuff that went down in Ba Sing Se. I mean wow that city was pretty messed
up what with internal government conspiracies and what not.
:P

But yeah season 2 sees the introduction of Azula (actually didn't she appear in the last five seconds of the finale of season 1?) and Toph who are both pretty bamf.

Z

Zealkin

http://www.nick.com/mynick/messageboards/viewboard.jhtml?bID=106921

With the Hundred Year War long over, benders live harmoniously with non-benders in a bustling steampunk paradise called Republic City. Meanwhile, a bull-headed but incredibly talented 17-year-old Avatar named Korra is growing into her powers in Southern Water country. But how long can the peace really last, and what will happen when Korra escapes to the city and these worlds collide? You'll find out when Korra comes to Nick this Spring, but until then, keep on top of all the The Last Airbender: Legend Of Korra gossip, right here!

THIS SPRING

THIS SPRING

FINALLY THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER!

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So Mass Effect 3 and Legend of Korra are coming out soon. This is gonna be a great Spring.

Top Bottom