Bashing of either Tifa or Aeris.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
OMG my voice hurts/ feels dry from all the laughing I've had from reading the past two pages.

tumblr_liztjfrEm51qfk5gro1_500.jpg

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
On topic: To me, both characters are good, their personalities are well done and their roles to the (original) story were nicely executed. Sadly, many fans choose to ignore their individual merits and characteristics and sees them as Cloud's bitches and ONLY as Cloud's bitches. And that's why when one fan prefer one above the other, he/she disregards and belittles the other character ENTIRELY and not just as Cloud's supposed match. TBH that's one of the reasons I have never liked the LTD very much.

Now, putting the LTD aside, the Compilation, at least to me, doesn't do justice to their original personalities, they lost their charm. I didn't like Aerith in CC, and I didn't like Tifa anywhere else. Well, in Duodecim she was pretty good, better than I expected.

Overall, they're NOT my favorite characters of FFVII, but I really really like them.

Off Topic: EPIC LULZ. Username, dude, I don't know you, you don't know me and it appears you have some kind of historial over here but... You know what? I actually think you were trying to troll. Of course, Internet being the Internet, I wouldn't be surprised if you were actually serious. But, it's just as I told you on my other post; you're just amusing them. What's the point of trying to troll or ANNOY people for personal entertainment if said people just LAUGH at you? I know I did (AND HOW). Wouldn't be more easy to just crack jokes and keep things peaceful?

Just saying dude.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't get the problem with Aerith in Crisis Core. I don't see it.
I know Tifa didn't bother me in ACC either, but at least I get where that argument comes from.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
For me, Aerith in CC doesn't bother me as much as others, I think. But certain things did bug me. Like... THE SKY IS SO SCARY D:

I mean, I get the idea, but that's so pathetic. Like beyond pathetic.

What's wrong with Tifa's personality in CC? Or are you referring to the fact that some people didn't like her skimpier outfit?

For me, Aerith in CC doesn't bother me as much as others, I think. But certain things did bug me. Like... THE SKY IS SO SCARY D:

I mean, I get the idea, but that's so pathetic. Like beyond pathetic.

What's wrong with Tifa's personality in CC? Or are you referring to the fact that some people didn't like her skimpier outfit?

So pathetic. I agree. But maybe she was playing up to Zack, being the cute helpless fluffy thing in need of a big strong SOLDIER to protect her?

What I find impossible to believe about Tifa's skimpy outfit is that her over-protective father would have let her wander around the mountains, in the company of two testosterone-filled super-soldiers, wearing that.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
So pathetic. I agree. But maybe she was playing up to Zack, being the cute helpless fluffy thing in need of a big strong SOLDIER to protect her?

Fortunately for her, Crisis Core Zack is such a gristlehead that he fell for it, instead of the sensible response: This poor girl is severly mentally retarded, entering into a physical relationship would be unethical.

If only she'd said something like that to Tseng....it would have saved him so much time and effort...... :sigh:

What I find impossible to believe about Tifa's skimpy outfit is that her over-protective father would have let her wander around the mountains, in the company of two testosterone-filled super-soldiers, wearing that.

Thats mountain folk for ya! :monster: Perhaps he just gave up when she developed those massive honking tits, I mean, even in a burqa they would be clearly visable so I guess her dad just though 'Fuck it'

Also I cannot agree that Sephiroth has any 'testosterone' :awesome:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark

She said that before she knew he was a SOLDIER :awesome:

Do we know that he was overprotective? I know he was all upset when they fell off the mountain... but this and the fact that he let her be a guide for Sephiroth, etc would lead me to believe he's not overprotective, but just a normal dad that gets angry when his daughter gets hurt.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yes yes, always the "sky is scary" crap.

Look, the girl lived her entire childhood cooped up in a laboratory. And then after an escape which led to the death of her mother, she has been on the run from the Turks and other authorities. Feeling uncomfortable out in the open is not pathetic. It's fucking smart. Did she play up the flirtiness, sure, but she's being intelligent.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I try to make the "sky is scary" idiocy sound better in my head by telling myself it's some hereditary fear instilled in the Cetra by the coming of the Crisis from the Sky (JENOVA), and that it's a cute thematic idea because of the Cetra's association with the earth, and the fact that Aerith's name actually is one way of rendering the word "Earth" in katakana.

I've yet to convince myself, though, that it sounds anything better than stupid whenever I hear it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
...and that she's in relative hiding. Tseng is monitoring her from afar in CC, but in FF7 she made it pretty clear that they've openly pursued her in the past.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
...and that she's in relative hiding.

If you can call it that. =P Seems like she gets around.

And I mean that in the most non-sexual way possible.

KOS-MOS said:
Tseng is monitoring her from afar in CC, but in FF7 she made it pretty clear that they've openly pursued her in the past.

For a covert operative, he's not very stealthy. He was like thirty feet away in that one scene where she's selling flowers (again, non-sexual) in the park.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Yes yes, always the "sky is scary" crap.

Look, the girl lived her entire childhood cooped up in a laboratory. And then after an escape which led to the death of her mother, she has been on the run from the Turks and other authorities. Feeling uncomfortable out in the open is not pathetic. It's fucking smart. Did she play up the flirtiness, sure, but she's being intelligent.
but she seems pretty adventurous as a child, from what we saw in OG.

so it seems kinda like retconny bullshit but whatever.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee

Y'know, I never totally disliked her CC redesign on an aesthetic level, but tbqh, her original cowgirl outfit just had a charming simplicity to it. It was exactly what a sheltered small town girl might find super cool even if it was kinda dorky. I found it cute.

I'm not one to downplay what was probably some really scary shit in her childhood, but she was still super young when her mom escaped from the lab. In the flashbacks she seemed around 7/8 when Tseng started coming around for her. So, that's not exactly her whole childhood.

Secondly, a big part of Aeris' character was that she took her situation and didn't react with fear/distrust/discomfort of the outside world. If anything, she pumped it up to 11 in the other direction by being extroverted, adventurous, and even downright obnoxious. Her mom also said when she was younger she would never shut the hell up about anything, especially weird Cetra stuff. I said it before and I'll say it again, if anything, Aeris should have been more irritating and weird than she was in FF7 -- and the events in her past, namely Zack's death, would cause her to pull back a little bit, idk, that just makes sense to me.

I get them trying to go back and give her character development but they did it at the cost of what made her a unique character. She's seriously such a boring cardboard cutout rpg heroine (and acting dumb as shit to boot) in CC and there was no need for that.

If you can call it that. =P Seems like she gets around.

And I mean that in the most non-sexual way possible

I don't :awesome:

no but seriously the aeris-is-virginal crap is possibly the biggest horseshit they've tried to shove down our throats

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
but she seems pretty adventurous as a child, from what we saw in OG.

so it seems kinda like retconny bullshit but whatever.

Yep, as I recall she was very enthusiastic about the Highwind....'sky is scary' my arse! (to be fair that was years later)

Maybe it was yet another mistranslation? Or do they not happen these days? :huh:

I can understand if she finds the outside world intimidating but theres no need to sound like a fucking retard Chicken Little!

I've been thinking about this recently. I really didn't mind Aeris that much in the OG - she actually seemed pretty down to earth and human, but it seems all the compilation titles have elevated her to some sort of angelic being....this boils my piss!

Oh and on an almost entirely unrelated note: What the fuck is going on with Aeris' character art from Before Crisis? I mean, Tifa didn't look good in BC, but Aeris looked deformed! :no:

120px-FF7_Before_Crisis_Aeris1.jpg

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I said it before and I'll say it again, if anything, Aeris should have been more irritating and weird than she was in FF7 -- and the events in her past, namely Zack's death, would cause her to pull back a little bit, idk, that just makes sense to me.

I get them trying to go back and give her character development but they did it at the cost of what made her a unique character. She's seriously such a boring cardboard cutout rpg heroine (and acting dumb as shit to boot) in CC and there was no need for that.

Can you possibly make an exception to not digging dudes long enough for me to make sexy time with you?

That post is turning me on.

Zee said:
I don't :awesome:

no but seriously the aeris-is-virginal crap is possibly the biggest horseshit they've tried to shove down our throats

For realz, yo.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yep, as I recall she was very enthusiastic about the Highwind....'sky is scary' my arse! (to be fair that was years later)

Well hell yeah she was. Not only was it years later. But this group of people had shown her a pretty amazing adventure so far. Why would she not be on a high from it?

Tart Toter said:
Secondly, a big part of Aeris' character was that she took her situation and didn't react with fear/distrust/discomfort of the outside world. If anything, she pumped it up to 11 in the other direction by being extroverted, adventurous, and even downright obnoxious. Her mom also said when she was younger she would never shut the hell up about anything, especially weird Cetra stuff.

Aren't ALL kids like that? You couldn't shut me up when I was a kid. And then as a teenager you could barely get me to speak at all. And now I'm a much more balanced individual. How is this unrealistic?

As for boring RPG heroine. I like Aerith, I really do. And I always have. But the "spunky princess" is NOT a unique character archetype, come on now. The fact that all of her time in CC is spent being a flirty 17-year-old also affects her image. I think we all act differently around someone that we like - especially at that age.

Also, Tres, I can invalidate every argument you make by bringing up how much you like Shelke. So shush. :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Well hell yeah she was. Not only was it years later. But this group of people had shown her a pretty amazing adventure so far. Why would she not be on a high from it?

I'm not saying she shouldn't/wouldn't be enthused by the Highwind. I'm just saying the developers may have forgotten this when plotting Crisis Core. We can assume that shes just playing up for Zack, but if shes not - its pretty inconsistent, at no point in FFVII does she freak out or even mention 'the sky' as being scary. We could say that people change in that many years except for the fact that Aeris is a slum dweller - she hasn't been anywhere (we can't confirm this of course but I dont think she and Elmyra vacationed in Costa)

The whole scene seems at odds with her character in FFVII. But then alot of the characterisation in CC is at odds with FFVII.....like how they made Tseng.....a bit nice :sigh:

Tseng and Aerith were faking it. They were working together in a sting operation and were successfully suckering Zack in when - wham, Nibelheim. Now we'll never know what their plan was.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Tseng and Aerith were faking it. They were working together in a sting operation and were successfully suckering Zack in when - wham, Nibelheim. Now we'll never know what their plan was.

I know what their plan was! They were going to use him for a sex game and then burn him in the bath :wacky:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I'm not saying she shouldn't/wouldn't be enthused by the Highwind. I'm just saying the developers may have forgotten this when plotting Crisis Core. We can assume that shes just playing up for Zack, but if shes not - its pretty inconsistent, at no point in FFVII does she freak out or even mention 'the sky' as being scary. We could say that people change in that many years except for the fact that Aeris is a slum dweller - she hasn't been anywhere (we can't confirm this of course but I dont think she and Elmyra vacationed in Costa)

The whole scene seems at odds with her character in FFVII. But then alot of the characterisation in CC is at odds with FFVII.....like how they made Tseng.....a bit nice :sigh:

Uh, the fact she was appearantly selling flowers up on the plate could easily help cure her fear of the sky.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Uh, the fact she was appearantly selling flowers up on the plate could easily help cure her fear of the sky.

Ha! We all know there is no sky in Midgar, just a load of brown smog! :monster:

I mean, yeah, you're probably right. But that doesn't change the fact that they made her sound like a retard in CC and I wanted to stab her with a rusty spoon when she said that line. :lol:

I know what their plan was! They were going to use him for a sex game and then burn him in the bath :wacky:

Nah, if they'd wanted Zack for sex all they'd have to do is proposition him. He'd have been up for it, especially if it involved Cissnei. Unless it was some kind of weird stealthy sex...

Did you see that pun I made?

Top Bottom