• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Batman: Arkham Knight (& other PS4 titles)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Amazon's shipped mine, so I'll have it tomorrow & probably play it this weekend. I'll jump back into this thread once I do.

*fingers crossed that I can avoid spoilers 'til then*

X :neo:

Plot twists man! This game is full of them!

About 70% through the campaign. Just completed the "save 3 people" mission. And I think I know who the Arkham Knight is...

Only click the spoiler tag if you're where I am. MAJOR SPOILERS.

Jason Todd. I think its him.

Batman betrayed AK or something. AK's mentioned it a few times.
Batman betrayed Old Robin by getting a new Robin. Joker showed him a photo of them.

But it doesn't make sense. Joker killed him.
...Unless Ra's al Ghul and his Lazarus Pit (AND/OR cybernetics) was involved.

Also, why the name? Why not White Knight or something? (Harvey Dent doesn't seem to be using it anyway).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
PC Version gets crazy amounts of negative reviews because it's currently locked at 30fps, and the obsessive PC Masterrace people apparently find that to be a big enough issue to be huge cunts: http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/24/88...iews-hit-batman-arkham-knight-game-sinks-from

Also, I got this last night, but was too exhausted from working out regularly again to get up early and play it. It's all installed and ready for me to dive in to it tonight though.

Seph

Dark Knight
AKA
Seph Stampede
Took the day off work yesterday so I could play this as soon as I got. Man, what a good time. Smashed a solid twelve hours it, hit the 49% mark and not a bad thing to say about it yet. Could do with some less linear interior locations, but goddamn if Gotham City never looked so pretty. And that batmobile! What a good time.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Jason Todd. I think its him.

Batman betrayed AK or something. AK's mentioned it a few times.
Batman betrayed Old Robin by getting a new Robin. Joker showed him a photo of them.

But it doesn't make sense. Joker killed him.
...Unless Ra's al Ghul and his Lazarus Pit (AND/OR cybernetics) was involved.

Also, why the name? Why not White Knight or something? (Harvey Dent doesn't seem to be using it anyway).

Those of us familiar with the comics saw Jason Todd being revealed as the Arkham Knight from the start. The story takes way too long in doing the reveal. By that point is so blatantly obvious that he could've been walking around with a sign that said "I'm Jason Todd".

Really wanna click it but I've yet to complete the game. And won't be able to, for a few days as I'm busy with stuff. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I think I'm nearing the end of the game..
Barbara just shot herself and I took Ivy to the botanical gardens

Really enjoying the story so far, lots of things I WASN'T expecting

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
PC Version gets crazy amounts of negative reviews because it's currently locked at 30fps, and the obsessive PC Masterrace people apparently find that to be a big enough issue to be huge cunts: http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/24/88...iews-hit-batman-arkham-knight-game-sinks-from

Also, I got this last night, but was too exhausted from working out regularly again to get up early and play it. It's all installed and ready for me to dive in to it tonight though.

Actually, it's more to do with a poorly optimised game rather than one specific feature.

Them pulling the PC version from sale entirely says a lot.

Seph

Dark Knight
AKA
Seph Stampede
Feeling bad for the master race. This thing runs beautifully on the PS4. I've never seen a console game that looks this good.

Hit 51% last night.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I'm at 60%. Been finishing some of the side stuff though. I'm done with the firefighters, Azrael, Harvey Dent, the serial killer case (that one was weird as fuck) and the vehicles you have to follow.

I'm at 90%. 1-2 more missions to go.

Arkham Knight unmasked himself and some crazy ass plot twists occurred one after another where I shouted WHAT THE FUCK(twice) at my TV.

Oh boy. How many more plot-twists are there?! This fucking game should get a Guinness World Record for "The most number of Plot-Twists in a Video-Game". Seriously.

EDIT: Carly, I just read your spoiler tag. We're both right.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Finally got a chance to play to day, and made it to 11%

The surprise reveal of the Joker was brilliantly timed as a hallucination with absolutely no time to react. I also like that he has no skeleton if you're in detective view. The whole Killing Joke scene was brilliantly executed and I can't wait to see where this little bout of phychosis takes us.

I'm kinda meh about the Batmobile-specific stuff though admittedly it does make the scale a lot bigger with the ability to take on the Arkham Knight's drone forces. I always feel odd crashing around recklessly through things in Gotham though, since I'm supposed to care a lot about the city.

Looking forward to being able to continue the story this weekend though.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'm gonna have to hit up my old friend Matt when he's done with this game and play it (since I don't own a PS4 yet).

Just finished the campaign... only to find out that it isn't actually the end. You have to complete all the side quests (excluding the AR stuff) to get the real ending. Or something like that...

I'll probably take my time to get it.

EDIT: To clarify, you DON'T have to complete everything before finishing the campaign to get these ending(s). There is no GOOD or BAD ending. They're few minutes of videos that add on to the campaign's end which you can activate at your leisure.

EDIT 2:
I think I'm nearing the end of the game..
Barbara just shot herself and I took Ivy to the botanical gardens

Lol, that's like 50%. You still have a LONG way to go.

Last edited:

Ghost X

I'm watching a playthrough, so I'll possibly give my thoughts when that playthrough is finished... in probably about a month's time :P.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I just got to 79% on the story
Ivy just died
and I REALLY have to know something about the gameplay from here to the end from someone who's beaten it:

Am I done fighting the mother fucking Cobra tanks now?! Because if there's more of them, I'm at the point where I'd be perfectly happy to literally never touch the game again, and watch a no commentary playthrough instead. I don't play shooting-type games, and I'm not good at them, which is generally why I like the Arkham games and combat games like them, but holy fuck, I LOATHE these combat sections so goddamn much.

The regular tank combat is... passable. Like, I don't find it fun, but it's something that does add to the sense of scale for the game. The chase stuff in the Batmobile (like having to catch Firefly) blows and is obnoxious. The sneak up and hit something that'll 3 hit kill you at full armor is something that I absolutely LOATHE. Passing the Cobra tanks before taking out the Missile Launcher took me a damn long time and I ended up dying like 5-6 times. The fight with the cobra tanks and the Arkham Knight's tank ended up taking me about as many deaths and like... 2 hours to complete.

Also, I encountered a couple annoying glitches.

When fighting Pyg: The screen had the L2+[] Quick Fire Explosive Gel stuck on the screen, so it never displays the /\+[] Environmental Takedown prompt that you need to use to defeat him when he's stunned, because it won't let you hit him. I had to look up a video on YouTube to see what the hell I was supposed to do to win.

When sneaking to awaken the tree: When you're blinding the drone tanks one-at-a-time, to slip by them and there's the one on the side with the Riddler trophy behind it, if you stand too close behind it, Batman gets stuck and can't move or do anything, and you have to restart.

Also, I find it bothersome that Batman's new suit makes him feel weirdly superhuman. Like, he's slower and less mobile than Robin/Nightwing unless they're the Fear Takedowns. It feels more like a superpower, which doesn't really jive with the feel of playing Batman.

All my bitching and hatred aside, I've really REALLY loved the story so far, and some of the things that they've done with the gameplay and presentation that's just the game itself.
Basically everything with the Joker, and Batman's faltering psyche and even the posters in the city sometimes changing when you look at them, etc.

I just got to 79% on the story
Ivy just died
and I REALLY have to know something about the gameplay from here to the end from someone who's beaten it:

Am I done fighting the mother fucking Cobra tanks now?! Because if there's more of them, I'm at the point where I'd be perfectly happy to literally never touch the game again, and watch a no commentary playthrough instead. I don't play shooting-type games, and I'm not good at them, which is generally why I like the Arkham games and combat games like them, but holy fuck, I LOATHE these combat sections so goddamn much.

The regular tank combat is... passable. Like, I don't find it fun, but it's something that does add to the sense of scale for the game. The chase stuff in the Batmobile (like having to catch Firefly) blows and is obnoxious. The sneak up and hit something that'll 3 hit kill you at full armor is something that I absolutely LOATHE. Passing the Cobra tanks before taking out the Missile Launcher took me a damn long time and I ended up dying like 5-6 times. The fight with the cobra tanks and the Arkham Knight's tank ended up taking me about as many deaths and like... 2 hours to complete.

You just finished tank-hell. I died a shit load of times as well. There's two more tank segments. Not full missions like the one you just completed.

Minor spoilers.
One's against 10 drones. You can finish that in a minute or less. Another's against a shit load of drones but youre assisted by someone so you'll be able to finish that in 5 minutes tops.

There aren't any more cobra tanks you'll have to handle. Have fun.

Those of us familiar with the comics saw Jason Todd being revealed as the Arkham Knight from the start. The story takes way too long in doing the reveal. By that point is so blatantly obvious that he could've been walking around with a sign that said "I'm Jason Todd".
I was really hoping it wasn't, because it was way too obvious, and anti-climactic. It would have been much better if it was Damian getting revenge for Talia's death or something.

My primary complaint, is how much they force you to use the Batmobile. It's fine running around, but I didn't buy a Batman game to play a 3rd person shooter. Every instance with it plays out the exact same too. Shoot, dodge, shoot, dodge, dodge, shoot, shoot missiles, dodge. 3 min later you won. Now do it 50 more times. It's dull, doesn't feel like batman, and kills my excitement whenever I feel a forced action-mobile segment coming up.
When AK destroys it, I was glad. I get the feeling you were supposed to feel bad that it was gone, but I just felt relief.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
@Inter:
I actually said, "THANK FUCK!" at my tv when the AK destroyed it.

So, I beat it.
The ending was good. I agree with the earlier comments about AK's identity being too heavily telegraphed and being revealed only after it's absurdly obvious being unfortunate. Still, all the game's other twists and turns were great, so I guess it worked well as a red herring of sorts. (Although I wanna know how they faked Barbara's death, 'cause the bullet shatter marks are still there in the glass).

I am curious - did any of you guys not tell Robin that Barbara died?

Also the Third/First person shootery bits as Joker were great. I only wish that the Batmobile stuff was used as delicately and sparingly as this.

Also, I looked up the 100% ending
I don't know what the hell that end thing was. Batman is Scarecrow now? Metahuman Batman? wat. iz. it.

But yeah. No amount of anything could make me want to play through this again. It actually made me want to go play Shadow of Mordor.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Protip when it comes to sandbox videogames: Never do what the plot tells you to do.

You'll have a lot more fun that way.

So, I beat it.
The ending was good. I agree with the earlier comments about AK's identity being too heavily telegraphed and being revealed only after it's absurdly obvious being unfortunate. Still, all the game's other twists and turns were great, so I guess it worked well as a red herring of sorts. (Although I wanna know how they faked Barbara's death, 'cause the bullet shatter marks are still there in the glass).

I am curious - did any of you guys not tell Robin that Barbara died?

Also the Third/First person shootery bits as Joker were great. I only wish that the Batmobile stuff was used as delicately and sparingly as this.
I loved how joker was implemented, and the whole shooter bit with Joker at the end. That bit was genuinely creepy and made me jump. I'd like to see what Rocksteady can do with a horror game for their next project.
Yeah, Barbara's fake-out death seemed kinda odd, especially since the bullet shatter's still there.

For anyone who just wants to watch the story:

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
That very first Batman Weeping Angel shit was heart-stoppingly terrifying.

Seph

Dark Knight
AKA
Seph Stampede
Finished a couple of days back. Absolutely loved playing through the entire final act of the series. Very just and excellent send off for a particular villain.

Top Bottom