Best And Worst Parents Of Final Fantasy 7

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
^Its certainly more realistic than you usually see in fiction. Gotta love the "we are on a tight schedule to save the day, but now seems like a good time for a thirty minute codec call to fill in and resolve backstory!"

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Laguna also gets a pass because he actually looked for Ellone, but couldn't find her. I don't know why this is overlooked so often. Some folk just want to hate the guy.

The reality is, those White SeeDs did their job of keeping her safe too well.

And, yeah, even if Laguna knew Squall was still alive, he wouldn't have known where to look for him. If Ellone hadn't explained things to him herself, he still wouldn't have known Squall was his son.

Last edited:
Can we put Red XIII's mother on the list of bad parents? She lied to her son about the circumstances of his father's death for no good reason. Or at least, no one has ever satisfactorily explained the reason to me. Their village was attacked by terrible enemies, he sacrificed himself and died a hero's death, and Bugenhagen and Nanaki's mother decided to tell the little cub that his Dad had turned tail and fled like a shameless coward? Why? How could that lie possibly be less traumatic than knowing the truth? At best, Nanaki's mother was profoundly misguided.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
That part has always confused me. I assume Red's mother died during the battle as well, or perhaps shortly afterward from wounds suffered during. She's certainly dead by the time of FFVII anyway, and -- given Red's race -- I doubt it was old age that got her.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Speaking of parents how about we talk about Cloud's mother who from we have seen has raised her son all by herself.Cloud really seemed to be a mama's boy when he was young and was really devastated when she was killed by Sephiroth.

I'm sure he was, but that's something that was barely touched upon by the Compilation. I always thought she deserved to at least be among the 'important people' that flashes in Cloud's mind before Zack showed up in ACC. I mean, it's not like he just lost her, she got barbecued by Sephiroth ffs. Although I understand how that would be out of place since she's never mentioned again after Cloud's flashback (and we have no idea how she looks like apart from her Lego-ish model, thanks to CC :oscar: ).

Given Cloud's somewhat rough childhood I always pondered on how she raised him, how much she knew about his insecurities, how much the bridge incident affected them both and what kind of parent she was. Stuff like that.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I think Square treats her like an afterthought since she has such a minor role in the story.Though it is kind of weird that someone would be more depressed about losing a person they only known for two weeks over their own mother.I mean it would make a little bit of sense that maybe Cloud should have had some depression issues about losing his mother as well in addition to Zack and Aerith.

Top Bottom