• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (IgaVania)

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Poor Vita never really got out of the gate. It looked like a cool little piece of tech, but there was never any game on it that made me go "I better buy that" :closedmonster:

There were definitely some hidden gems on the system, though. I loved my Vita. At the time it was my only way to game, besides a laptop I had (and the laptop wasn't powerful enough for anything serious). So the Vita was sort of a godsend for me. Soul Sacrifice is one of those "hidden gems". That was a great game and it boggles my mind it never got released on the PS4.

I also played the absolute heck out of a game called "Ragnarok Odyssey". It ended up releasing on the PS3 later, but it was great fun on the Vita. I have tons of fond memories of that little thing. I agree with everything X-Soldier said, except for one - the back touchscreen. Dear lawd that back touchscreen was awful for replacing standard L2/R2 or L1/R1 triggers.. At least in my opinion. :lol: I struggled mightily playing that Killzone game.

As for this game - I've never played it but it looks fun. This was another game showed off in Nintendo's ho-hum direct this evening.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It's crashed once on me. I've found a couple little tiny nit-picky QA things, but I didn't even sleep last night since I was just playing it non-stop. I've put about 13 hours into it and got to the Dragon boss, and I just absolutely cannot get enough of playing it.

X :neo:

I am utterly disheartened. My computer can't play this game. Even at the lowest possible settings there are dramatic framedrops, with the game typically running at 15-20 fps.

The following message pops up when I start the game:

QFLzqOJ.png

Looked up 378.92. It is intended for Windows 10, not Windows 8.1 which is what I'm using. So instead I downloaded 430.86 which supposedly has support for Windows 8.1, but unfortunately the installation deemed my version of windows incompatible with the graphics driver.

I feel like I suddenly lost a whole lot of money on this game purchase.

EDIT: The more I search the more there doesn't seem to be an applicable NVIDIA download for me.

Last edited:
If I update to Windows 10 there is no guarantee that Cheat Engine will work properly for me, even after using a workaround to get it running. Without Cheat Engine I can't perform my hacking research. So Windows 10 is not an option.

EDIT: Refund request has now been sent.

EDIT #2: Refund confirmed. I have now bought a PS4 Pro, which I was aiming to do anyway, and I will be playing Bloodstained on that console when it arrives.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Beat the game yesterday. I've got all the trophies aside from the items completion one, and I figure that I should be able to get that one by tonight. Only had to look up a couple of things to find where I was missing things, and the rest has just been very satisfying Vania exploring around everywhere on my own. Only issue in playing other than the a couple crashes were with the boss from Curse of the Moon who shuffles the poker chips, I managed to glitch him out a bit, and he was dropping frames all over the place.

Found a couple minor QA things as well, but nothing that remotely detracted from genuinely enjoying the game (a casing consistency error in a menu, a couple missing words in the text and one line during the ending that didn't match the dialogue). It's just fun as hell to play, and now that I know that the Passive Shards level up into Skill Shards when you max them out, and I have a better handle on weapon techniques, I think I'll have a different approach when going for a harder difficulty.

One thing is that for some reason the candles that you break for $$$ have an upgrade that raises the amount they drop for you, but it appears to only work inside the home base area at the moment, and not out within the rest of the map.

Also, if you end up seeing Clan Rapier in the credits, you'll get to see my name (though you'll probably need to spot it, since mine shows up at the start, 'cause I'm using my backer code):

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Got my Platinum Trophy in the game today. Just a little over 45 hours. I'm still REALLY interested in getting more into the Combat, because I want to give the rest of the weapons a go, and try out the mastery stuff for all of them. ALSO: You'll only get 5 shortcut slots on the original playthrough. Apparently the other 3 will require you to do a NG+ which is a little annoying, since I really could've used at least one more when I was doing all of the grinding at the end.

If I had any tips for getting the most out of playing through a little more relaxed and having more fun with progression stuff:
  • Always test out ALL your new Shards. Even after really getting attached to some of them, I'd almost always find something that I ended up liking even more if I held onto it without looking at it.
  • Invest time in upgrading the Passive Shards. They make a HUGE difference and I only really put time into them when I was already OP as fuck, especially because a fully upgraded Passive Shard stacks with the Skill Shard it generates.
  • Take time to focus on upgrading and doing side quests. Foods and other things make a big difference and get you some permanent buffs that will help with some little things that really make the later game more smooth.
  • Mark your Map for things you can't get to. This helped me a TON, and I also used it a couple times to mark out which room had something I cared about until i got to know it better.
  • Use your Archives a lot. The PS4 touch button will let you view the enemy model without any text, and you can view the enemy to check and see if they drop things you haven't seen (the organization of those is a little odd though).
  • Check to see if you can make new Shards & what they need. There are only a few that you have to make & can't get from enemies, but most of them are REALLY useful.
  • Do NOT use familiars when fighting Gebel. Just... trust me on this one.
The reason that I had to look up how to do the Gebel fight correctly wasn't at all because the game was too obtuse about it. By the time I did that fight, I was really leveled up, and so were my Dullahan Heads. I had fought him once early on and noticed that the Moon was red the whole time (I'd already noticed that effect in a room elsewhere and knew to look out for it). I noticed that when I did later, the moon effect had changed, so I was looking for it, and expecting a change. However – I literally couldn't act quickly enough to figure out how to change the course of the fight on my own, because my Familiars would totally wreck Gebel in the tiny window of tiny that you have to act, so I ended up needing to look things up online, and even KNOWING what to do, I still couldn't do it before they iced him so I had to disable them to progress from that point.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Sounds accurate all over. That one boss fight is something that I think has been reported overall a number of times, and I figure it getting some serious attention. I ran into another bug with that boss, so it's likely gonna get some love in the near future. I've only ever had a crash twice on the PS4 version, and they were just random, and I've got over 50 hours on the game now.

All-in-all, it seems like it's very much just the result of a relatively small dev & qa team, but I'd expect that the issues get handled fairly soon as they've had a good number of e-mails and updates about them. I really can't overstate how much I've enjoyed the game, and still just grinding my way through it for fun, even though I can wreck my way through each of the boss rush modes in barely 2 mins at this point. There's still a good number of extras out there, and there are some save file cheat codes for the game too for anyone interested.

I think that I'm pretty much at the point now where I'm gonna start a NG+ run on nightmare some time this week.

Top Bottom