Captain America: TFA, TWS, & Civil War

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Just watched the new trailer about an hour ago.

Lots of new scenes and great shots of the characters in action. I won't describe anything in detail until a few more people hope on here who have seen it.

I will say that this trailer seemed to portray Iron Man as the "villain" a helluva lot more than the first trailer did, which makes me feel a little less guilty about being Team Cap. :awesome:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
dat trailer

dat trailer tho

my-body-is-ready.gif

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I'm still incredibly hyped for this movie, and while I loved the trailer, it didn't hook me as much as the first trailer did (probably because the first trailer for any movie is meant to hype the shit out of it, and we're closer to the release date now). I think the editing and the music of the first trailer were amazing, and this was one of those where they throw in a shit ton of action shots.

Spiderman's intro at the end was awesome though. I was very skeptical at first when we were told that they were finally getting to include him in the MCU, but I think the Russo brothers have a pretty good handle on things.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Do people care about spoilers in here? :monster:

Spidey looks kinda cheap in there tbf, like er, a dude in a spandex suit. Which he is I guess, :monster:. The others just have a bit more er, depth / details / relief in their outfits. Also getting an attempted-deadpool vibe, but eh, same company, plus I guess the movie / Avengers-club needs a bit of comic relief before it gets too srs business.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
giphy.gif

I have to admit that I'm nooooooooot sure how I feel about the suit. It does look kind of cheap, and I was hoping they would go with one that looked more closely like the one from ASM2. However, it was said that they were going for a more cheap/home made look since he's like, fifteen, so maybe that's what this is. Maybe he gets a different suit later.

But in any case I'm still so happy he's there. <3

Also, his mask emotes. <3

Last edited:

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Just saw trailer with Spider Man in it. Interesting that his costume appears to just be spandex. Assuming that is going to be the final appearance in the movie, given how late this trailer is.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
It seems like Tony is falling into the "if we can only save some people some of the time, then we don't have to try to save the people it would be difficult to save" trap. As well as the "it's okay to save people from themselves by controlling them" trap. And I'm kinda wondering why he jumped from "people are afraid" to "people are afraid of the Avengers"... That seems really convenient.

None of which are good things for the guy who's got backdoors into all the government tech to be having problems with...

One thing that I've noticed throughout the MCU is that Tony is a "toolmaker" for lack of a better term and that he's always focused on who has what tools and what they can do with them and isn't comfortable unless he's got better tools then them. He's less focused on why people are doing things, which has the potential to be a huge blind spot.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So I'm mostly on a media blackout but I just had to watch the last seconds of the trailer for Spidey, lol :P

Hm, looks not as good as the ASM2 costume but it's okay.

And...his eyes are animated! They did the thing! :D
Although looking closer the eyes have like a "shutter" mechanism of some sorts as opposed to Deadpool's "the mask just emotes, fuck logic".

I would've been okay with no reason given for it but I guess they do want an emoting mask AND a somewhat grounded explanation for it too. Fair enough!

Also, I predict we have now seen half of Spidey's appearances in CW :wacky:

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Also, I predict we have now seen half of Spidey's appearances in CW :wacky:

Probably, :monster:. IDK how long the movie's been in development and when the deal with Sony came through, but, wouldn't be surprised if they fidgeted him in late in development.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I've seen some people really hating the Spidey costume. Not sure I get why -- it just looks like Alex Ross's way of drawing him.

I don't think it's the design, but more that he looks more like a computer-generated model as opposed to a person in a costume. (At least those are the complaints that I've heard).

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That's a common complaint I have seen as well, that he looks like bad CGI in the trailer.

And one thing we have to keep in mind is that people may actually not like Alex Ross's art, either. Perhaps those are the complainers. :P

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
That's a common complaint I have seen as well, that he looks like bad CGI in the trailer.
Ah, I see.

Tenny said:
And one thing we have to keep in mind is that people may actually not like Alex Ross's art, either. Perhaps those are the complainers. :P
Maybe so. I guess I should have specified that my confusion stemmed from several of these complaints being accompanied by a sentiment to the effect of "He doesn't look the way he does in the comics" -- which, I'll grant, isn't entirely inaccurate in that there are many, many comics he's in that Ross didn't illustrate or do covers for. =P

Hell, I'm not even crazy about how Ross draws Spidey. What I can't deny, though, is that what we've seen of him so far in this movie feels "comic book familiar" -- especially with the eyes on the costume emoting.

Top Bottom