Captain America: TFA, TWS, & Civil War

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
@The Batman: You may be right, it may require genuine mental retardation to fuck up Red Skull's look... but what part of Hollywood's track record makes you think they couldn't have done it? Can't give them points for getting this one thing right, but its still a relief just to see he's not fucking pink at this point.

Well, with the designs for Cap and Thor having slight revisions for their film versions, it's just nice to see Red Skull coming scross properly. The Marvel-managed properties seem to be doing pretty well with this so far. Comparison pic of pre- and post-reveal Red Skull from the officially released images.

HugoWeaving_RedSkull.jpg

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Here's a youtube version. I'm really liking the tone & focus of the trailer, and hopefully the movie follows that theme well. Also: Howard Stark looks perfect.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Steven_Rogers_%28Earth-96169%29.PNG

FOR FREEDOM! STARS-AND-STRIPES!!!

..couldn't resist :B I like the trailer! DAMN was that surprisingly good!

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Calling it now: This one is going to be the best superhero film of the year.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
That's why I felt pretty confident in calling it now :P

The Green Lantern isn't looking much better.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
That's why I felt pretty confident in calling it now :P

The Green Lantern isn't looking much better.

Abin Sur looks like Ivan ooze :/

I am hoping Mark Strong has a good performance as Sinestro though. My fav GL character.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Even if it's official, he might not rock 'em sock'em Hitler.

SW's poster and the hundreds of Xwings, natch

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
He did punch hitler in the comics...

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I like it, :monster:.

And he should totally punch Hitler in the face, :monster:. Even moreso if they can get the actor from Der Untergang (The Downfall for you 'murcans) whilst raging, :monster:.

It would be terribly awesome if they reproduced The Scene from that one. I doubt they'd do that though, they're not that smart / awesome.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Any word as to which Red skull this might be by the way? I havent been keeping up with the movie at all aside from the trailer here and there when i go see another movie.

Anywho loving the stills X thankies, definitely going to go see this with mah lady when it comes out :)

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
They've got an official site now: http://captainamerica.marvel.com/main.php

It looks like their explanation of Red Skull's cosmetic origin is from forcibly taking a dosage of the Super-Soldier Serum. Aside from the fact that this'll let him fight against Captain America as an appropriately powered enemy, it serves another purpose: It adds in some subtle elements to explain Blonsky's transformation during "The Incredible Hulk" and also provides some reasoning for Abomination's more skeletally pronounced appearance, especially in his face.

Top Bottom