Captain America: TFA, TWS, & Civil War

That was awesome. My only real faults with it are there's some really weird editing in some parts. Other than that tho, kick-ass.

EDIT 1: Hugo Weaving was the Red Skull to me, he was amazing, I loved every second he was on screen.
And the fact that "gods" actually do exist in this universe coupled with how he played it, made his plan actually not seem that insane and gave weight to it.

EDIT 2: And god, i absolutely LOVE the final line in the movie...

EDIT 3: they just... nailed almost every aspect of this movie, from the characters, story, performances, lines, ugh... This is one of my favorite super hero movies.

EDIT 4: Cap.. they got him nail on. god I want to see this movie again right now.

Last edited:

Ghost X

Seen it already? Is it out in the US already (or the world for that matter?), or did you see a screening? I don't pay attention to this stuff, and can't be bothered looking online to find out the answer at the moment (I have dial-up at the moment, which tests my patience). All that I heard was that Captain America doesn't punch Hitler.

No it came out this weekend in north america.

He doesnt punch Hitler (technically), there's some Nazis in it, but it's mainly Hydra.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
My sentiments mirror Inter's precisely.

Having the backdrop of
Thor's universe
made this excellent, and the final line in the movie REALLY does something quite unique for the feel or the film compared to the other Marvel films so far. The framework built between all the films is very well executed.

X :neo:

the final line in the movie REALLY does something quite unique for the feel or the film compared to the other Marvel films so far.
It keeps the focus on Cap as a human being first, and everything else second. Like he said, he's just a kid from Brooklyn, and he just happens to have enhanced abilities.

Just saw this movie. It was incredible and I just loved everything about it.

Having crushes on Richard Armitage and Sebastian Stan doesn't hurt either. :awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
He doesnt punch Hitler

I am disappoint. Movies need more Hitler-punching, :monster:. I mean shit, just look at the amount of hitler-punching imagery:

Captainamerica1.jpg

chok.jpg

supermanhitlerpunch.jpg

Cap_Puts_the_HIT_in_Hitler_by_NickMockoviak.jpg

Cap%2BPunching%2Bby%2BLeen.png

Escapist+Punching+Hitler+-+Mignola.jpg

UncleSamPunchesHitler.jpg

Stalin+beats+up+Hitler.jpg

:bigmonster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Oh yeah, Saw this Friday. Movie kicked ass.

And holy hell was it full of shout outs and continuity nods.

Captainamerica1.jpg

This made an appearance in the film, briefly.

The Howling Commandos were made of kick, ass, and win. It's just a shame there was no 'Nick' in their ranks. Now, I know Nick is Sam in the Movieverse, but a continuity nod would have been nice. Plus, I'm fond of 'legacy names-' When James Bond 007 steps down, he is replaced by James Bond 007, that sort of thing.

Shoes that will/may drop later on:

Bucky. He was being experimented on. He might be... repurposed later on.

Red Skull- Working with Loki, rebuilding Hydra- it'll happen in some form.

Carter- Either old or on Ice, she needs to meet Cap again for some Closure.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Oh yeah, Saw this Friday. Movie kicked ass.

And holy hell was it full of shout outs and continuity nods.

Captainamerica1.jpg

This made an appearance in the film, briefly.

The Howling Commandos were made of kick, ass, and win. It's just a shame there was no 'Nick' in their ranks. Now, I know Nick is Sam in the Movieverse, but a continuity nod would have been nice. Plus, I'm fond of 'legacy names-' When James Bond 007 steps down, he is replaced by James Bond 007, that sort of thing.

That's because movie Nick is shitty Ultimate Nick.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I went back and watched The Incredible Hulk after seeing this, and would highly recommend it. The tie-ins to the Super Soldier Serum are much more apparent and some of the themes come though a lot stronger, given the background in Captain America.
Seeing Blonsky as the typical military type getting enhanced by the remnants of the serum is interesting, because you start to see the same sort of psychotic superiority complex that Red Skull has, and when he becomes the Abomination, the facial changes and more skeletal appearance really shine through. It also makes me wonder what the relationship between Banner/Cap/General Ross will be like if they touch on it during The Avengers.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm really doubtful if General Ross will even make an appearance in The Avengers. it's almost wrapping up time and he's still not around ; (

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'm well aware. Still a damn shame they couldn't toss in a continuity nod 'Nick' without him being explicitly labeled 'Nick Fury'

Well we got Norse gods and superpower artifacts, the Infinity Formula would clearly be the straw that broke the camel's back.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Just saw it last night. Fucking amazing. One of the best superhero films yet.

I'm also a little disappointed that they didn't have Fury as one of the Howling Commandos, but maybe they can still give Nick some relevant tie to the old days.

I loved how they incorporated the elements from "Thor" here. They really are tying all these movies together really well. DC may have done their animated universe better, but Marvel's got the better film universe by far (how do you fuck up the Green Lantern?).

Put me down as someone else who loved the final line of the movie.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It wasn't amazing at all, but entertaining.

It drags a bit in a few places and Evans isn't a very intimidating or imposing Cap.

I liked Weaving as the Skull, but they should have used more special effects to make him look less like he was wearing a rubber mask.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Was going to see it this week but it turns out none of the cinemas actually give me the option to watch it in 2D. Screw this imo. Fuck, I hope 3D goes away soon.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Was going to see it this week but it turns out none of the cinemas actually give me the option to watch it in 2D.

Really? That's odd. It might be where you live, because there's ALWAYS non-3D showings of 3D films where I live.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Really? That's odd. It might be where you live, because there's ALWAYS non-3D showings of 3D films where I live.

I didn't get the choice for Thor either. People complained at the cinemas and they responded that it was the distributors who only gave them the 3D versions for those movies. Fucking annoys me.

Maybe I should get these:
http://www.2d-glasses.com/ :P

Top Bottom