Captain America: TFA, TWS, & Civil War

Was going to see it this week but it turns out none of the cinemas actually give me the option to watch it in 2D. Screw this imo. Fuck, I hope 3D goes away soon.

Same here. Pissed me off so goddamn much. But since I did not want the extra expense of having to go to the neighbouring town, where they do show the 2D version, I decided to watch it in 3D.
(I wonder if this issue mostly applies to outside America, where the number of distributed 2D copies may have been limited because they thought the movie would not appeal to non-Americans.)

This was my first try at 3D and it sucked. First of all, my eyes are apparently not adapted for the glasses. The 3D effect was there, oh yes, but the two movie images never blended together completely so I was seeing double for the ENTIRE MOVIE. It was like watching a crappy, old VHS movie! Meanwhile, my friend witnessed seeing the movie in blu-ray quality. We switched glasses, but the effect was still the same for me so I conclude that something is wrong with my eyes.

The fact that the movie looks darker with the glasses on does not please. The 3D also annoyed me for the most part. I do not need 3D to tell that one person is standing behind another person! I can see that in a 2D movie.
The ONLY instance when I appreciated the 3D was with the debris and smoke during the explosions.

Fortunately, the movie's second half felt so awesome that I forgot about my rage. A very good movie, imo.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
captain-america-x-pokemon-11054-1312310233-10.jpg

We now need the remainder of the Avengers as Pokemon. Hop to it people.

Obvious types are
Iron Man- Steel
Thor- Electric
Hawkeye- Normal
Black Widow- Poison
Hulk- Fighting

Go now, and make your decisions.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Same here. Pissed me off so goddamn much. But since I did not want the extra expense of having to go to the neighbouring town, where they do show the 2D version, I decided to watch it in 3D.
(I wonder if this issue mostly applies to outside America, where the number of distributed 2D copies may have been limited because they thought the movie would not appeal to non-Americans.)

Honestly, I could see that being the case.

This was my first try at 3D and it sucked. First of all, my eyes are apparently not adapted for the glasses. The 3D effect was there, oh yes, but the two movie images never blended together completely so I was seeing double for the ENTIRE MOVIE. It was like watching a crappy, old VHS movie! Meanwhile, my friend witnessed seeing the movie in blu-ray quality. We switched glasses, but the effect was still the same for me so I conclude that something is wrong with my eyes.

That double image issue can also result as a problem if they don't properly focus the lens (happened when I saw Thor, and I got a free ticket from it). Was the issue specific to you, or did anyone else complain about it?

X :neo:

Honestly, I could see that being the case.

Hollywood was a bit scared that there would be little international ticket sales for the patriotic hero, given that the United States' approval rating isn't exactly stellar at this point. Paramount Pictures even gave countries the option of releasing the movie under the film's subtitle The First Avenger instead of including that whole Captain America part. Despite those fears, the film has grossed more than $100 million internationally after only opening in 41 smaller markets. Hollywood executives now think they were overly cautious and that Captain America is going to end up one of the more popular comic book characters in cinema this year.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112268-The-World-Does-Not-Hate-Captain-America

No mention about there being less 2D than 3D, but it seems a likely scenario to me.

That double image issue can also result as a problem if they don't properly focus the lens (happened when I saw Thor, and I got a free ticket from it). Was the issue specific to you, or did anyone else complain about it?
X :neo:
I did not hear anyone else complain. Considering that there was only one lens type, and my glasses were not broken (judging from my friend not having any problem with my glasses) I wonder if I could have demanded a free ticket...

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The interesting thing about Cap as 'the patriotic hero' and the message of this film is that he and it, in part are critical of the current US policy- never be a bully and all that- but that's HOW cap's patriotism works. He stands for what America SHOULD be, not is. He is allegiance to ideals, not blind loyalty to the government.

Plus, it's an underdog film set in a WWII film with laser guns. Everyone loves all of those things.

Z

Zealkin

Yessss, took me awhile to see the first movie but I thought it was amazing. The Cap was adorable throughout the entire movie, especially at the beginning with those kind of conditions he shouldn't even be going outside! Let alone join the army! But that's what makes Cap, Cap, and I love him :3

I'm definitely going to see the sequel in theaters though. I just hope it's not in 3-D I have to wear my regular glasses underneath the 3d ones and it's just a pain.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
All of these are good things.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Dunno if it's still the proper thread but posting this news:

Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow could make an appearance in the Captain America sequel.

The actress first appeared as Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow in 2010's Iron Man 2, before reprising the role in this year's superhero ensemble movie The Avengers. According to Deadline, Johansson's character is also "in the mix" on the next Captain America film.

However, Black Widow will not serve as a love interest for Captain America, played by Chris Evans. Deadline reports that Marvel Studios are testing five actresses for the "a significant female role" in the sequel, including Community's Alison Brie, Game Of Thrones star Emelia Clarke and Teresa Palmer from The Grudge 2.

The five-strong shortlist is rounded off by British actresses Jessica Brown Findlay, best known as Lady Sybil in Downton Abbey, and Imogen Poots, who appeared in last year's Fright Night remake.

The sequel, titled Captain America: The Winter Soldier, will begin filming next March (2013) for an April 2014 release. Alongside Evans, Samuel L Jackson and Sebastian Stan will reprise their roles from the first film, while The Hurt Locker star Anthony Mackie has joined the cast as a fellow superhero called The Falcon.

Evans recently revealed that the sequel will feature deleted scenes from The Avengers. He explained: "A lot of that stuff [that was cut] is for Captain America 2. That is his story. It is him trying to on a personal level adjust to the fact that everyone he knows is gone... There are a lot of things that he kind of has to come to terms with."
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/scarlett-johanssons-black-widow-to-feature-in-captain/287834

I want Poots for Sharon.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
^

D:

Can't access the site

EDIT: I don't know much about Falcon but after seeing Mackie I think he'll make a good chemistry with Evans.

Ghost X

As good as Hugo Weaving is, I think there is other avenues they can explore, eg: different people under the name of Red Skull. I think the ultimate version would make for a hell of a story, for example. If the winter soldier turns friend against friend, which I imagine would warp the already sad Captain America's mental state, what if he learns he has a son and has to kill him too. I think the "Mind fucking Captain America" theme is a good one.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
lol Robert Redford

what a blast from the past :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Scarlett Johansson was confirmed a while ago if I remember correctly. At least it didn't seem like news to me.

Hawkeye needs more love though.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I wonder if they are going to include Black Widow's romantic relationship with Winter Soldier/Bucky from the comics as well in the film.

Top Bottom