[Case of Shinra Finished] Any news on the new OTWTAS entries?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well hitoshura did only the first Lifestream Black and White ones...

He went threw and found the changes from Case of Denzel, and he's reading through Case of Shinra now.

I'll be serious now though, and say that it features a cameo from
Verdot
and talks about Tseng's recovery from his near fatal stabbing from Sephiroth. Also,
Rufus is interested in eventually bringing Shinra back as a company but he keeps this ambition to himself for fear of reprisal.
I didn't really ask for many details yet though but that's some of the more interesting stuff. There are some new characters included in the story too.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Damn you, Mako, lying about Minerva! :rage: And I'll bet the koibito thing is a lie as well, isn't it? Just because you know how to push our buttons. ¬_¬

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I don't really care, actually, but just seeing all the reaction in this thread I can just imagine you gleefully giggling away in front of your computer at how you've fooled us all yet again. ¬_¬

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yes, actually he is :monster:

He's not coming back until he sees ACC, which hasn't reached him yet. He's thinking of resorting to just downloading it though over the weekend. So he'll be back hopefully this week and I can cease being his intermediary. :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
I haven't seen ACC yet either. I'm still waiting for mine to get here. THIS SUCKS

I want to hear more about Case of Yuffie. Any info there?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
See, the Minerva thing I could see as true, after a fashion, since one of my thoughts on what Minerva was an entity chosen by the planet to be its avatar. As Such, Aerith becoming the new Minerva eventually would not surprise me. But only in the event that Minerva is more of a role than a specific entity.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Naw, Minerva's a summon so I doubt she'd just...become someone else that easily. I don't think it'd work like that.

Damn you, stop making sense of my lulz :duhard:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol Mako, what else would you expect him to do?

See, the Minerva thing I could see as true, after a fashion, since one of my thoughts on what Minerva was an entity chosen by the planet to be its avatar. As Such, Aerith becoming the new Minerva eventually would not surprise me. But only in the event that Minerva is more of a role than a specific entity.

Dude this would actually be very plausible to the storyline.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'd like to point out that dead people DO become summons, or at least, they do on Spira, which shares a similiar cosmology with Gaia, so it wouldn't be absolutely unheard of for it to happen.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
*lalalala* Not listening! :monster:

Seriously, let's not prop up materia Jesus anymore!

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
And materia connects you to the lifestream and the memories and souls it contains, right? So wouldn't a summon be a manifestation of something/someone that lived a long time ago?

JUST LIKE SPHERE'S IN FFX! :reptar:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Regarding Case of Yuffie, I only read one reactionary blog that said there wasn't much in the way of Yuffintine and there was a conversation where Yuffie tells Tifa she wanted to grow up to be a strong and cheerful kid when she was growing up. But that's it. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
...If people actually go into the Compilation looking and expecting Yuffintine, they need help.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol Why would Case of Yuffie have Yuffentine? That's a completely fanon pairing. There is nothing in the entire compilation that hints at them having a thing for each other. NOTHING!

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
lol Why would Case of Yuffie have Yuffentine? That's a completely fanon pairing. There is nothing in the entire compilation that hints at them having a thing for each other. NOTHING!
IDK, that's what the reactionary blog said. I think it's a weird pairing personally. :awesome:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It's also a fanon pairing that has no basis in fact yet so many people claim it's canon. I mean, Clerith I can understand, but Yuffentine? Never. :P

Defade

ブルーレイ★&#1
Woot, thank you so much, Defade! ^_^ Is that all the dialogue or truncated parts of it? I won't make you translate and post the whole thing if it's only parts, but I am really interested in seeing the full thing when it's done now. I do love when they give us glimpses of Vincent's personality like that.

I wonder what he'll do with the rest of his life. o.o And I wonder if Lucrecia will continue to live also as long as she's inside the crystal. Maybe, as long as she never comes out, they can still be alive together that way. He's not totally immortal, so even if he can't age and die naturally, I'm sure he'll die in combat someday. I wonder what will happen to her, though.

I would translate the whole conversation if I can find it, but as it is, those are the only snippets that have surfaced on 2ch. And OTWTAS wasn't on the shelf when I went to Sogo to order the ultimania.>_>

Yes, actually he is :monster:

He's not coming back until he sees ACC, which hasn't reached him yet. He's thinking of resorting to just downloading it though over the weekend. So he'll be back hopefully this week and I can cease being his intermediary. :monster:

What. ACC still hasn't reached him? And here I thought my copy took its sweet time due to yesasia choosing to deliver on a weekend....meaning they don't deliver it at all until Monday.

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I like Yuffinetine, but I conceed that it's only a fan pairing. Personally, in reality of the characters, I think Vincent is someone who's much more caring than he shows... *shrug*

These whole Case of stories are not from SE, correct? They are basically SE approved 'fanfictions' in and of themselves, yes? I ask this because it seems like they've taken on more credibility around here...

Top Bottom