Character Battle SF1: Cloud vs Vivi

Which of these characters do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Let's skip the memory issue, as memory is the trickiest of things under normal circumstances. And, TBH, only part of Cloud's memories were false memories, specifically those about him being a member of SOLDIER. Everything else? He remembered pretty well.

But that's the thing. He was led to believe his whole life was fake. Sephiroth tells him he is just a clone that used Jenova's copying power to steal Tifa's memories of the real Cloud, Tifa admits that she actually didn't at all see him at Nibelheim, Hojo admits that he built him. That's what his breakdown was about, not only wasn't he in SOLDIER, he isn't the Cloud that Tifa knew and his mother raised, he even tells Tifa "I hope you can meet the real Cloud some day".

Not distressing per say, but I feel like I'm making people disike me. Perhaps it's just my perception since it's hard to read tone online, but I feel like I'm coming off poorly, so I think it's best that I just spectate a bit more. I am sorry if I'm offending anyone.

And I'm saying that I think the reaction was still realistically handled and that the issues dealt with were not the same as those dealt with in FF7 (Which was the original arguing point. That those issues were recycled. Emotional fallout from previous events is not the same as going through those previous events and that's not even taking into account the new stuff like having to deal with watching another person he loves die as well as facing death himself.). I thought it made sense, but I won't argue if you disagree.

Actually, the original point was just stating a fact, not an argument. A fact that SE have admitted themselves. You can rationalize that it's not a bad choice based on your own opinion, which is fine, but the fact still remains that SE did want Cloud to be in a similar mental state to the beginning of the OG so that fans could more easily identify with the character.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Not distressing per say, but I feel like I'm making people disike me. Perhaps it's just my perception since it's hard to read tone online, but I feel like I'm coming off poorly, so I think it's best that I just spectate a bit more. I am sorry if I'm offending anyone.

I thought it made sense, but I won't argue if you disagree.
I find this attitude a little...irritating, I guess. Just because people don't agree with you, it doesn't mean that they don't like you or are judging you or tgat you're coking off poorly. Admittedly, this appears to be me singling you out - it's not my intention, and I do apologize if it comes off that - but you are neither the first nor, I'm sure, the last person on this forum to feel this way. However, that doesn't make it any less silly. The idea that people think less of you based on your opinion of fifteen year old fictional characters is utterly ridiculous and, frankly, a little insulting. We're all adults here (except for Mako) - and adults can disagree without it gettng personal. I mean, it's not the ltd, geez.

And if anybody does think less of you, that's a problem with them, not you. I find this giving up attitude to be tge only thing that bothers me - but then, I dont actually care about the debate. Don't give up an argument or debate unless you actually want to, as opposed to 'well people will think less of me'. I can't speak for anyone else, but I think less of those that throw their hands uo and quit a discussion because people don't agree.

Although I feel the 'agree to disagree' earlier was classy, all the same. I can't thank it from my phone for some reason idgi.

PS tls this means all of you

PPS Rishi u mad bro

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
^I agree with most of what you said there Omega, but to be fair to penandpaper as a new member here she's probably wary of stepping on any toes. Not because of anything we've said/done but just because this is the internet and even though people here aren't going to take this stuff about characters and plots etc personally there are any number of sites out there where people do.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
No, I know, and I agree. But it doesn't say anything about the rest of us - just that person. :P

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null

You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once:

If I ever dislike you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

penandpaper

Pro Adventurer
I find this attitude a little...irritating, I guess. Just because people don't agree with you, it doesn't mean that they don't like you or are judging you or tgat you're coking off poorly. Admittedly, this appears to be me singling you out - it's not my intention, and I do apologize if it comes off that - but you are neither the first nor, I'm sure, the last person on this forum to feel this way. However, that doesn't make it any less silly. The idea that people think less of you based on your opinion of fifteen year old fictional characters is utterly ridiculous and, frankly, a little insulting. We're all adults here (except for Mako) - and adults can disagree without it gettng personal. I mean, it's not the ltd, geez.

And if anybody does think less of you, that's a problem with them, not you. I find this giving up attitude to be tge only thing that bothers me - but then, I dont actually care about the debate. Don't give up an argument or debate unless you actually want to, as opposed to 'well people will think less of me'. I can't speak for anyone else, but I think less of those that throw their hands uo and quit a discussion because people don't agree.

Although I feel the 'agree to disagree' earlier was classy, all the same. I can't thank it from my phone for some reason idgi.

PS tls this means all of you

PPS Rishi u mad bro

I have in fact met others who became very irritated with me before in situations like this and, as was stated, I'm new (Newer then many anyway. I'm not sure that "new" still counts.) here and still getting to know people. It was never a matter of giving up so much as not wanting to drag on an unwelcome debate if I was irritating people or if I simply wasn't making my point well. Tone is very hard to tell online and I'd rather err on the side of caution instead of potentially upsetting people when I'd really rather make friends. I do apologize if you took offense at my comment as it wasn't my intent. It seems my attempts to not offend ended in precisely that and for that you have my apologies. :(

Is everything okay now?

You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once:

If I ever dislike you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

I'll keep that in mind. :neo:

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
what didnt you do >:|

(also welcome back yo, you was missed)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The poll closes today, and it currently looks like Cloud is just going to squeeze through to the final. There's still time for that to change...

Lex

Administrator
Wow, I had no idea this poll would be so close towards the end, this is awesome. I voted for Vivi.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
I voted for Vivi because Cloud killed my beloved. :(

*looks at join date*

x21lbwjlcnmub2xkagvhzhmuy29txzm0mdg5otc5x3zpzgvvlm1wnf8xxzeynda5oda5mtuuntc2mq==1.jpg

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
are there even sixty active members on the forum

who knooooooows

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000

Hey, now that 'Mrs Sephiroth' has been banned, does that mean that vote was deleted too? Don't get me wrong I want Vivi to win but I don't want people cheating.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The vote hasn't yet been deleted, but hopefully it will be. If I have to, I'll go through everyone who voted and make sure none of them are new accounts created specifically for this purpose. But I think Cloud is safely through now.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Smells like bullshit.

Vivi gets a lead then all of a sudden cloud gets a buttload of votes?

LOL.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Smells like bullshit.

Vivi gets a lead then all of a sudden cloud gets a buttload of votes?

LOL.
yeah, there just happened to be 4 people who logged in and were like 'dang i like cloud' last night?

o k

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Having looked over the list of voters in the Admin panel, there are no notable fraudulent votes for Cloud. There was one for Vivi.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
It's interesting though, I looked at it too- members that NEVER post anymore suddenly sign in to vote for Cloud. *strokes chin*

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The only bull here I see, is the mysterious Mrs. Sephiroth who just so happened to share the same IP and email of a certain long time Australian member here who voted :awesome:

The voting was close all the way through. Vivi and Cloud had leads back and forth until we got the result here we did. If anything, the only surprise here is just how close Vivi actually came to taking the battle. Without question, he's a very memorable and beloved character in the franchise. His inclusion in various other FF games definitely is with merit.

It's interesting though, I looked at it too- members that NEVER post anymore suddenly sign in to vote for Cloud. *strokes chin*

No weirder than a person who requested a ban to ask to be back so they can vote and ensure their fav character wins. :monster:

Popular character polls bring out the fans that want said character to win.

Top Bottom