Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Pokemon is, and will always be, entertaining.

But yes, incense usually comes in the long sticks that you burn to get a small, or in little oil bottles you dilute in water and burn over a flame.

THE MOAR YOU KNOW :monster:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
True, I had a Pokemon FireRed version that I was playing recently until I lent it to my friend. Which reminds me that I have to get it back from him . . .

I still think that the older generation is just charming and nostalgic--epic too. Though the newer ones are fine too.

All this talk of incense and aromas make me think of chamomile and lavender and lilac scents. Lilac . . . :)

Pokemon is, and will always be, entertaining.

LIAR! Pokémon degraded as soon as they went beyond 151 pocket monsters. Why? Too many friggin' monsters, and the repetition of the same old formula.

Then again maybe those who still play Pokémon are stamp collectors and such:awesome:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I ain't no stamp collector, yo. Granted the first generation was the best, the second wasn't all that horrible. And from there on it just stooped further and further into crapdom. The anime series isn't so good either, but I continue to play the games just for the sheer fun of it.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
I was never an avid stamp collector and I still play Pokemon. To me though the over abundance of the monsters has become rather silly. I mean I felt that 141 or so was enough content. Personally a few more legendary or "rare" species were the only additions that I thought were necessary for the game at the time.

Now I see some weird Pokemon with equally weird names and weirder abilities and appearances. I'm just like, "WTF?" :( It's sad.

However I still have to applaud the folks at GameFreak for developing Pokemon and adding to the franchise for soooo long.

EDIT: You know the very first seasons of the Pokemon series was the best to me personally and then when they got rid of Misty and started adding some weirder characters--I started to dislike it. I mean Ash, Brock, and Misty were the shit to me back in 3rd grade, lol.

Oh and I forgot to add that the newer generations are very playable to me despite the fact that the new Pokemon are really weird to me.

Last edited:
I remember the first generation... I was so into it that I was trying my best to max the stats of my Pokémon. I was especially much dwelling on Mewtwo; noticed to my disappointment that his stats after being caught were randomly determined. And the stat maxing items only works a limited number of times. I suppose that guides now exist as for how to maximize the stats, but I no longer have any interest in Pokémon.

The only game boy games I could imagine picking up again would Zelda; Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages. I never achieved the final ending you get by connecting the two games and using the ridiculously complicated password system.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I love the absolute randomness of this thread. Who'd have thought that people would be here so late at night discussing such things as

-the weather
-incense
-Pokemon
-stamp collecting

?

Good times.

And Tyranitar is awesome. That is all.

(About the Zelda games) Indeed, that was a huge point of the game(s). A retarded idea since Zelda games are solitary; and you need an additional Game Boy to connect them. So either you borrow or buy a second one. It's not like you and a friend will work together to achieve the final ending.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Yeah really I didn't know that there was a special ending for the Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and the Oracle of Ages. Interesting . . .

Yeah I remember that I had the Pokemon Yellow version. I abused my Pikachu and had it at a mere Lvl 18 while my Nidoking was an impressive Lvl 42. I had a few Lvl 30-something Pokemon like a Tangela and an Ekans I think but yeah . . . lost the game when I went to Jamaica to live there for a year.

I came back empty-handed and was so distraught since I'd gotten to Cinnabar Island and just had to beat two other gym leaders, beat the Elite Four, and finish the game. Being nine sucked . . .

Also randomness is the smex, that's all I wanted to add. xD

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
It's okay I'm tired too. Yeah it was just like, "I spent whole days glued to my tiny GameBoy screen for nothing!"

Lol yeah I lived there, it was . . . different but cool. Lol. My grandparents pretty much raised me for a year and a half. Went to school there, worn a uniform, actually had to bring a Bible to school too which was shocking to me for the first few weeks.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Lol, I loved being in Jamaica. I mean it's just so beautiful. There was literally green plants everywhere you go, it's just full of green trees and various odd plantlife.

Also parochial school wasn't exactly the best experience for me as far as student interactions were concerned. They found my accent funny and so they tried to teach me Jamaican Creole--my grandparents hated when I tried to speak it. xD

But parochial school was sooo different. It was a Seventh-Day Adventist school so I couldn't wear jewelry :( I couldn't eat meat while I was there unless it was fish. They didn't believe in Christmas which made me cry at the time.

LOL! Yeah they really had to ward off evil spirits too, Shademp. Seriously they were really religious, I felt so weird there sometimes.

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Why bring a bible? As protection against demons and vampires?

No. Protection against

BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*flames erupt from behind. Guitar solo*

Last edited:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Dear God, anything but the Bison! *shields self from spraying flames*

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Don't worry, chocolate babe, I'll save you from

BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*flames erupt from behind. Guitar solo*

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
*swoons and fans self* You're my hero! Please save me . . . the flames are so scary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom