Coming to you from 1997... Duke Nukem Forever

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Loved the trailer.

I won't lie. I'm pretty fuckin' excited, but it still feels like a dream that I'll wake up from.

Fingers crossed for May 3rd, 2011 to actually come and not be interrupted by the apocalypse.

(First post updated with the trailer)

X :neo:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
As I was saying, you can't even trust vaporwares to not be released those days XD

Man, Duke Nukem Forever has been my vaporwer joke since... well, forever. What's going to take its place now? :/

I'm looking for impressions from gamers first. But I'm kinda sure my boss's gonna buy it anyway lol. This is exactly his kind of games XD

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Man, Duke Nukem Forever has been my vaporwer joke since... well, forever. What's going to take its place now? :/

There's still Half Life 3. And Versus. :awesome:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Wow, I just noticed the way I wrote "vaporware". :wacky:

And Versus has still years to go before becoming anything like Duke Nukem Forever XD Even HL3 can't hold the cake.

I even heard that Fortress 2 was even going to be released. Pff, you definitely can't trust vaporwares to stay as such nowadays :/

[but yeah, to be on topic, the DNF trailer was kinda epic XD].

Ghost X

The trailer doesn't really do anything for me. I loved the original game, but I think this one is looking quite average.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
This game is gonna be like waiting to bang a Milf. Sure you're still gonna do it, but there's a difference between a 40 year-old, and a 52 year-old.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Guys, guys oh shit! DLPB has totally possessed Dacon! Get Father Merrin in here fuckin' stat!

But while we wait for the priest, I loved the hell out of some Duke Nukem back in highschool and am once more cursing my lack of a console game system as we speak. One day, damn it, one day...

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Live updates from the event. They'll be playing the first 6 levels of DNF in their entirety.

2KGames & GearBox Software are updating their Twitters with photos all day (Gearboxes go to the Duke Nukem Facebook, I believe). Press reviews tomorrow, and video on Friday. At the VERY least, these guys know how to throw a fucking awesome party. I'd suggest checking out all the links for the images, because they're just fantastic.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
• Kotaku's Brian Crecente's review is up, and I really enjoyed it.
• The Escapist has a LOT of information about the game development process, and information from Randy Pitchford.
• G4 goes into some decent detail, and has an AWESOME bit about a hint given when the game started.
• Worthplaying has one of my favorite reviews so far, in appreciating the focus where the game variety succeeds.
• 1up probably has the most objective preview of those I've read, and is very much worth a look.
• Joystiq has the most complete version of Randy Pitchford's quotes from the event.
• Gallery link of the new images.

Overall, it sounds like it's going to be almost exactly what I'd expected. Especially in the latest parts, and getting to hear what Randy Pitchford's been doing with the game, I'll gladly be getting a copy.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Duke Nukem Forever: Balls of Steel Edition announced.

For $100, it comes with the following:

• Exclusive Balls of Steel cover art
• Collectible bust of the greatest alien ass-kicker of all-time
• Numbered, limited-edition certificate of authenticity
• 100-page hardcover book: The History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
• Duke Nukem Forever postcard series
• Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker
• Duke Nukem Forever collectable comic book
• Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft
• Duke Nukem Forever poker chips
• Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck
• Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice

DNforeverCE.jpg

Especially since my tax return just came in, I have decided that this is absolutely worth my dollars.
Going to pre-order it today.

I like the special editions that actually have useful/cool stuff in it. Like the poker chips and cards. Most of the time they have crap like you get an art book, and a special in-game skin! woo!

Tho alot of the stuff in there is lame. Certificate of Authenticity? yeah, cause uh, there's alot of special edition duke nukem ripoffs goin around huh?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I like the special editions that actually have useful/cool stuff in it. Like the poker chips and cards. Most of the time they have crap like you get an art book, and a special in-game skin! woo!

Tho alot of the stuff in there is lame. Certificate of Authenticity? yeah, cause uh, there's alot of special edition duke nukem ripoffs goin around huh?

I was also pretty glad to see that it had stuff, side from just the normal CE-stuff that'll sit around on a shelf.

Almost any figure that's part of a limited edition run comes with them, I've got quite a few of those little cards sitting around my house from other CE models and such. It helps if someone wants to sell them on eBay later, but like you said, I can't see Duke ripoff busts being a super hot item. :P

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Some New Footage from Gametrailers TV

• Interview with Randy Pitchford
• Side bit with Micho Kaku & Red Faction
• Doug Huggem Sketch
• New DNF Footage (NSFW)
• Something else (wasn't paying attention)
• A little bit more footage.

The other news is that the singleplayer is apparently averaging around 14 hours of playtime.

(Just thinking about this now, it'll probably have the longest ending credits of any game ever made).

And completely unrelated, just for fun, & not at all new:
Jon St. John outtakes from DN:3D, & reading Text Edit menu trees.

Update: 6 PM MST & Gamestop is (apparently) already sold out of the Balls of Steel edition.* :O
Update 2: (2/14) Turns out it was an issue with their system provisioning. They're still available.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
After waiting as long as they have, the fans deserve a badass special edition. Truth.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Most of the time they have crap like you get an art book, and a special in-game skin! woo!

I mean yeah this CE looks fantastic compared to other ones but what's wrong with art books >:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Gamestop's taking pre-orders still. Their system apparently wasn't updated when I went in on Friday, so they were showing no more available copies, even though the product was in their system. That's all sorted, so if anyone (aside from me) wanted to pick it up from there, and was initially discouraged, it's back & functional now.

Top Bottom