SPOILERS Crazed fan drives Kazushige Nojima to no longer discuss FFVII on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
One quick look at our boy’s Twitter and the first thing I see is him suggesting that people being toxic towards him caught Nojima’s eye and led to his choice to not tweet about FF7R
The fact that you can spare a glance at his twitter account without falling into a fit of rage makes you a far braver and better person than I am.

...so, uh. I dunno if this is okay to ask so if I'm breaking any rules, the mods can edit my post but...out of curiosity, does anybody know what other sites He Who Must Not Be Named is on? I'd rather take the initiative and pre-emptively block him on as many websites as possible for my own sanity.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
out of curiosity, does anybody know what other sites He Who Must Not Be Named is on? I'd rather take the initiative and pre-emptively block him on as many websites as possible for my own sanity.
I only know he's on Nexus too and has uploaded a few mods so far.

What's bugging me most is that he still goes on using TLS in his usernames.
This whole story... It's just... I'm speechless.

*heavy sigh*

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
The fact that you can spare a glance at his twitter account without falling into a fit of rage makes you a far braver and better person than I am.

...so, uh. I dunno if this is okay to ask so if I'm breaking any rules, the mods can edit my post but...out of curiosity, does anybody know what other sites He Who Must Not Be Named is on? I'd rather take the initiative and pre-emptively block him on as many websites as possible for my own sanity.
I tjink on deviantart too?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Jokes on you, he has 22 sockpuppets to take his side.

Can't say I'm surprised. Knew he'd be back on his bullshit. Can't wait for Kitase to record a pleading message to fans, begging them not to harass S-E employees online and respect their boundaries.

To any FFVII content creators out there. Be careful. And don't be stupid & reach out to the freakazoid.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL just be careful, you may never know which Jessie simp is just a devout fan or worse...

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
He actually is.

If he constantly harasses people by replying/DMing them inappropriate requests or comments, yes. He could theoretically be reported. But it would take several reports from different users about his behavior to be suspended.

If someone on Twitter is constantly asking/telling artists to draw/model/write their ship everytime they post a different one, yes. That's harassment and spam. No one bothers though because Twitter moderation happens only when it's critical mass or something else more controversial. No one cares enough to bother.

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
Well ain’t this the can of worms.

I wasn’t around much for the drama so wouldn’t have the same strength of feeling as you all on this topic so maybe my views are worth taking with a pinch of salt, but it’s clear that there’s a lot of toxicity flying around and it doesn’t do anyone any good.

Reading the “twitlonger”, it’s clear we have someone who whilst outwardly saying they were wrong and that they’ll try do better, doesn’t really believe it. Over time, said individual has managed to convince themselves of such righteousness on the topic of Jessie that no other alternative can pass without a suggestion (or harassment, if you like) of an alternative view. It’s got to a point where even SE, i.e. the creators of the story, cannot post anything without some kind of feedback.

For what it’s worth, I favour the block and ignore strategy. I wouldn’t be convinced that a “pile-on” is the best way, because whatever the guy may have said and done over the years it’s very clear that he needs help. I do understand the anger and frustration over his behaviour which is way, way over the line, but he does just need help. Maybe I’m missing something, and I’m quite sure he would’ve been offered help and refused it, but I don’t know if hounding the guy out is the right way.

And there’s me thinking I loved this game as much as the next guy…!!!

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
If He Who Must Not Be Named was your garden variety of...overzealous idiot fanboy, a simple block and ignore would have been enough.

But like Mako (I think) said a couple of pages ago, blocking and ignoring The Menace Who I Will Not Name is not enough, because he is exactly the type of person who thinks that silence at his behavior means that it's approved, in some way, while opposition to his opinions will only make him screech louder into the abyss. If The Modern Blight Of The VII Fandom had the tiniest modicum knowledge of what shame vaguely felt like, being universally shunned by the nearly the entire fandom and ratio'd on every Jessie related tweet he leaves everywhere to everyone would have eventually worked.

But I think it's apparent it's not going to ever work until something physically prevents him from having access to the internet, for like...forever.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Pretty sure he did that purposely to try and gain more followers who may have actually been looking for his instead.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Just out of curiosity but when the fuck did jairus become Voldemort with all this "he who must not be named" references XD

Did I miss a mass avada kevada or summin?
I did it first as a joke, but now it just feels apropos to not refer to him by name. Especially now that his twitter handle is too similar to Gallagher's twitter fhgfhfgfgdhd

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
Im still waiting for him to say something like "clessie is canon vecause the bike music was closer to the og in her scene or something" tbh i was thrilled when i realized the music. Because it was a cool hint to the og and made me feel nostalgic

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Im still waiting for him to say something like "clessie is canon vecause the bike music was closer to the og in her scene or something" tbh i was thrilled when i realized the music. Because it was a cool hint to the og and made me feel nostalgic
He once posted here a batshit theory based on shadows in a single second frame and a really bad ms Paint job trying to show outlines proving Jessie was still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom