SPOILERS Crazed fan drives Kazushige Nojima to no longer discuss FFVII on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I take a break from social media for like a week, and come back to a dumpster fire. what the fuck.

...I think I've seen too much fandom shit, because my first thought was "constantly harassing people on twitter is just the beginning" and I'm....actually kinda highkey afraid of his behavior escalating into something worse-- like what if he flies to Japan and tries to storm the main SE building? What if he stalk and harasses SE employees into complying with his demands? What if he tries to hurt people?

Just how far is he willing to go in his desperation and delusion?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I take a break from social media for like a week, and come back to a dumpster fire. what the fuck.

...I think I've seen too much fandom shit, because my first thought was "constantly harassing people on twitter is just the beginning" and I'm....actually kinda highkey afraid of his behavior escalating into something worse-- like what if he flies to Japan and tries to storm the main SE building? What if he stalk and harasses SE employees into complying with his demands? What if he tries to hurt people?

I don’t think that anything that pre-meditated would happen with him. Crimes of passion maybe. Threats made in a fugue, sure, but I don’t think he’d carry out a plan with multiple steps.

Rose_of_Night

Pro Adventurer

Specially after KyoAni

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
re: username, IDK if this 'u know who i am' one is him... if it is, he must've set up a bot.

That said, if it's the same IP all the time I can go and ban it entirely.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yep when this story broke out, I told other Peko that the best we could do, collectively, was to ignore him. We're enabling him by answering to him, he goes on for days in some threads, it's not normal. I am glad my Twitter is locked :mon:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Insulting would probably make it worse (says the person who just made fun of him... :monster:). Negative attention is still attention, so the fandom would just have to collectively ignore him.

It just sucks. Who knows what the right answer is? I'm just thankful to not have twitter right now. I'll probably need to sign up sooner or later for advertising reasons though

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm on the fence about brutally insulting him, but definitely agree with blocking and ignoring
Insulting would probably make it worse (says the person who just made fun of him... :monster:). Negative attention is still attention, so the fandom would just have to collectively ignore him.

The reason for this is that silence is taken as tacit acceptance. He has no problem harassing or going in mentions to ask for free Jessie fanart from artists, or harassing writers for not writing more C/J when they obviously want to write C/T or C/A.

At some point, a hard stance is necessary or he'll continue to orbit, and continue to appear. There's a reason why fandom harassers and pests get notices, warning newcomers to stay away from certain bad, horrible people. Jairus is one of those people. Shun him. Block him. If he somehow slips through, remind him he's a piece of shit and the fandom is NOT for him, then block him.

Yes, at some point he needs to be told he is not welcomed and to GTFO because he's a fucking harassing freak. There's no place for this and that's not controversial, cruel or crazy. That's common sense.

EDIT: I fucking told myself I wouldn't look but I did. Literally is back on his bullshit of tweet harassing FFVII accounts. Fucking stopped for two weeks and is now attacking FFVII's official account for doing a collage of the main character artworks from the OG, mad that they're not representing NPCs and only PCs.

This is what I'm fucking talking about. He's back to normal. Keep being nice and ignoring him and he'll be finding the private email addresses of Nomura, Kitase and Toriyama. This isn't over by a long sight. He's only just started. Stalker shit.

Last edited:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
I honestly don't think he's worth any time whatsoever. Look what happene with all of this, he was openly advertised as the sole reason that nojima was taking a step back and even with an entire fanbase throwing viterol at him he merely put his profile to private for a month while still actively posting his fanfiction for the handful of clessie followers who like his writing.

The guy is mentally ill and I'm not saying that to be mean, I genuinely believe at this point anyone with a mental health background would agree. Any sort of attention be it positive or negative is just pushing him further and further into his own self styled delusions of not wanting to say goodbye to his partner who died.

The healthiest thing for everyone would be to report any posts where he is intentionally being mean or abusive and then ignore him. The more people who ignore him the less people he can preach to and maybe he will finally start to seek help in his real life.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
The reason for this is that silence is taken as tacit acceptance. He has no problem harassing or going in mentions to ask for free Jessie fanart from artists, or harassing writers for not writing more C/J when they obviously want to write C/T or C/A.

At some point, a hard stance is necessary or he'll continue to orbit, and continue to appear. There's a reason why fandom harassers and pests get notices, warning newcomers to stay away from certain bad, horrible people. Jairus is one of those people. Shun him. Block him. If he somehow slips through, remind him he's a piece of shit and the fandom is NOT for him, then block him.

Yes, at some point he needs to be told he is not welcomed and to GTFO because he's a fucking harassing freak. There's no place for this and that's not controversial, cruel or crazy. That's common sense.

You make a good point

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's why you block and ignore, yes. But he'll eventually penetrate blocks. He will 100% sockpuppet in the long run.

Hell, he did it here. I'm just saying that if/when he does, he needs to know, nothing's changing. He's persona non grata. He needs to eventually get shut out like Jenny Nova did.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Or the fanbase comes together and offers to pay the animators for 30 seconds of content showing Jesse surviving only to then be ran over by a shinra tanker and a cloud of blood and guts then hitting the ground before the Midgar zolom is attracted to the smell of blood and even devours that....

Ok we might need more than 30 seconds...

Gofundme anyone?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
The guy is mentally ill and I'm not saying that to be mean, I genuinely believe at this point anyone with a mental health background would agree. Any sort of attention be it positive or negative is just pushing him further and further into his own self styled delusions of not wanting to say goodbye to his partner who died.

When Ody explained after he got banned, it immediately clicked to me that he was using Jessie as a replacement for his wife and that's unealthy af. I've said it before, but this guy needs therapy like, yesterday. And pills.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Maybe it's cause I don't have twitter, but I couldn't see his new posts

Edit: @Lestat posted it.

Yeah, that's crazy. He refuses to acknowledge that HE is the reason for the fan response towards him. Without his harassing comments, there would be no negative response towards him. SMH

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
What you need to do is gray rock and dismiss. Do not rise to bait. Do not get empassioned. Do not offer explanations. Say No. Say shut up. Move on. You have to address the behavior, but you do not want to give it validation or make a show out of it. Making a scene is fulfilling to this type of personality disorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom