Dacon's Art

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Holy...crap. I love how you did Ifrit there. Rydia looks sexy. God, it needs color! This is so cool!

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I think I'm gonna do some sketches and studies before working on another one. That last one doesn't look as good as it should

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Looks good to me. It'll probably look amazing once it's been coloured.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
But Rydia images are at least triply awesome with colour. D;

not that it's not pretty awesome as it is.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Haloremakecolor.png

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Awesome picture is awesome. Love the coloring job you did here, and Master Chief looks grand. Great job!

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It's not like I did anything special :awesome:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
That Master Chief/Cortana one is a redo of one you did years ago, right? I remember seeing a similar image on ACF, and I've never even played whatever game they're from, but I do remember their names from your explanation of that drawing. And from what I remember of it, this is much more natural and less stiff. You should post the old one with the new one for comparison FGJ.

I agree that the FF4 one definitely needs some color, even if you only give it a basic coloring job. With all the lines, it's an incredibly busy image and just a tad monotonous. Color would help guide our eyes in picking apart the different objects in the image and the distance that separates them. Then I bet it would be epic.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't think I can color anything atm.

My knowledge of light and color is in the shitter, and I won't be able to color anything until I sort it out.

And yes, the Halo one is a remake, I think I mentioned that somewhere here, but I can't find the original.

ExMachina

Chuck me.
I remember the original Cortana/Chief piece. Nice update there, especially the way the two characters interact/fit with each other.

Your pencils in particular are looking super badass - I could totally see your latest linework as a comic book cover.

ExMachina

Chuck me.
QUIET! For example, that Predator piece inked and colored would be right at home on a rack of comics, and nothing you say will change my mind. *plugs ears*

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
YOU WOMEN ARE ALL THE SAME.

I don't like how my work looks inked :/

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
I noticed you inquiring Ex about color theory and such on her thread but thought it would be more appropriate to comment upon here.

http://bakanekonei.deviantart.com/

This girl knows quite a bit about that sort of thing if you're looking for someone to learn from, though I will warn you that it's more adivsable to learn quietly from the shadows and glean what you can than attempt to ask her for any sort of help. She has a bit of an ego (in the sense that the desert has a bit of sand) and seems to feel it's beneath her to help the common folk.

...Unless you have a DA subscription and can submit an attempt at coloring something and leave it available for the critique option, then ask her to critique it. She seems open to offering people valuable insight that way, though I don't know how keen she is on spending her time critiquing random strangers or if she only critiques people she knows/stuff she has a lot to say about. Maybe you can browse the critiques she's already done on other people's work and see if you can apply it to anything you tend to do.

She's also a professional comic colorist, btw.

Last edited:
Top Bottom