Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
Tifa: "A brawler with many quick-hitting attacks! Press X before landing a blow to use a feint and fake out opponents! She's very energetic! There are so many traits she has that I wish I had..."

blackthonglol.png

This might justify Dissidia's entire existence right here.

1271981899549.png

These kind of things are what make me love Dissidia. No worries Square Enix, you can take my money.

The story of Dissidia 012 is officially the most retarded thing SE has ever put out:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605802-dissidia-012-duodecim-final-fantasy/58510694

"During the 18th cycle, Chaos went berserk and lost his mind because he was the one who ended up losing each and every time after 013. After the 18th, that was basically it. Chaos decimated everyone: His own soldiers AND the Soldiers of Cosmos.". ...What? The cycles continue after the stalemate seemingly ended? So the victory of our heroes in the 13th cycle meant nothing? WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ALL THIS?!
Then again I never understood why the fighting continues even when the bad guys won... Either way, this so called 'story' does not catch my interest.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Aeris may have gotten herself killed doing something stupid, but she still had the strength to strike out on her own and do what she had to, to save the world knowing she might not come back.
i think dagger was meaning that aerith's original character was also shat on to progress the ~depth and meaning~ that was supposed to be in her relationship with zack.

maybe :sadpanda:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Prepare to have your mind blown.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Dissidia-Final-Fantasy/side-by-side/

Terra's VA is just as pretty as she is, and holy crap maybe it's just that pic but Steve Burton even LOOKS like Cloud.

Agreed about Burton, but Terra's VA looks terribly generic to me. The other female VAs all look better to me.

The story sucks, but at least the characters have their moments and the gameplay is good.

To really express how I feel about this game, let me quote what I just said to Mako by PM:

I said:
Did you see all that junk about 18th and 20th cycles? The 13th was supposed to have been the end!

Hell, didn't even the trailer say that 012 was the "prologue to the final battle." I mean, Chaos got his memories back during Shade Impulse. He wanted it to be over then. The warriors of Cosmos won and broke the cycle. They all went home. The Ultimania even said that they did.

What was the point of the Secret Ending and Cid saying Cosmos had been chosen to reign over this world? Hell, what was the point of the regular damn ending and the heroes standing on a hill outside Cornelia while WoL says "It's finally over"?

This shit isn't consistent with the plot details, the thematic significance, or the narrative satisfaction of the first game on any level.

This is the worst transgression in SE's history and it wil be the last title I do a Game Script or Plot Analysis FAQ for. I'm done.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
EDIT - Voice actor info. No, it isn't John DiMaggio sadly, it's some other guy. But YAY, Andrew Bowen is back as Aerith! Thank god, they seemed to learn their lesson from Crisis Core.

More info on Kuja, he is so much better characterized in this game.
he meets up with Zidane and tells him that when Chaos or Cosmos falls their warriors die, so they should go straight for Chaos. He tells Zidane to go find some comrades to help them fight while he scouts out a path to Chaos. Along the way he finds Terra and weakens Kefka's spell on her - previous to this Terra was entirely under his control, with Kuja's influence she begins to resist.

Meanwhile Kefka finds out what Kuja is doing and reports him to the Emperor and Ultimecia. Kuja meets up with Zidane, Bartz and Squall to talk to them, when the other three appear and sic some Manikins on them, Kefka pointing out they don't attack Kuja because they only attack Cosmos' warriors - prior to this Zidane had assumed that included Kuja. Kuja tells Kefka and company to beat it, he'll take them out himself, and then he does, but they escape apparently. However, Emperor and Ultimecia aren't pleased he went so far as to endanger Chaos to get the plan to work.

So yeah, Kuja tricks Zidane and company into trusting him and then thrashes them....that, or he tried to be a good guy despite being called to serve Chaos and pretended it was a ruse to save his skin when he got caught. Neither would be out of character for him, makes you wonder what Kuja was thinking...

Last edited:

roku

Pro Adventurer
English Voice Actors
Kain - Liam O'Brien
Tifa - Rachel Leigh Cook
Laguna - A. V. Kennedy
Yuna - Hedy Burress
Vaan - Bobby Edner
Lightning - Ali Hillis
Prishe - Julie Nathanson
Gilgamesh - Keith Szarabajka
Aerith - Andrea Bowen

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
So the VA who does Cosmos also did Ash from Pokemon? And Jecht was every other Transformer and GI Joe!?

*mind blown*

Bobby Edner's back, eh? In what I've heard so far, his voice is a little less, um, Tidus-ey than it used to be.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

Gotta say, I'm happy with how Tifa's handled in Duodecim. You can sense she makes Kain feel like an asshole for even thinking of threatening her.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'm not, since she still needs to be saved.

Also, I don't see the resemblance between Burton and Cloud. Burton looks like a man after all.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Also, jesus christ Cook's acting ranges from decent to fucking terrible randomly.

I cringed at that fucking lame attempt at trying to be helpless to appeal to Kain too.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
In fact it's implied that Confessions of the Creator is basically the aftermath of the 20th cycle and there's nothing left but the moogles and the Manikins
I totally hope this is setting up the plot for the next Dissidia game.

Steve Burton even LOOKS like Cloud
I've been saying this for ages : <

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
So Tifa finally gets a chance to exist without relying on Cloud for a storyline...and every line of dialogue is so generic and flat it may as well be a Manikin saying it. The only inspired lines she had was when she healed Kain and was yelling that she trusted him in spite of his actions. Everything else may as well have been ape speak. "Kain, me Tifa! We friend!" I found myself more interested in Kain's unspoken rationalization for his betrayals - they'll survive to the next cycle at which point they won't remember what he did anyway - than in anything Tifa said.

I take it back, stick to using Tifa to support Cloud's stories, because apparently she can't support her own.

And yeah, RLC does a lousy job, she's horribly inconsistent. Such a shame when she has to share the speakers with a man who could make an angel orgasm with the power of his voice alone. Hell forget Kain, even Ultimecia's VA does a better job.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Cosmos is Ash Ketchum, mind blown indeed. And I have long thought Burton resembled Cloud.
And I guess I'm crazy, because I still don't have a problem with Cook's delivery. I'm trying to listen to for all this terribleness you all keep talking about. And while there is definitely a line here and there that should have been delivered better, nothing that really stands out. And she definitely sounds better than Ultimecia.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Cosmos is Ash Ketchum, mind blown indeed. And I have long thought Burton resembled Cloud.
And I guess I'm crazy, because I still don't have a problem with Cook's delivery. I'm trying to listen to for all this terribleness you all keep talking about. And while there is definitely a line here and there that should have been delivered better, nothing that really stands out. And she definitely sounds better than Ultimecia.

You thought DoC was good. I'm content in not trusting your ability to gauge things :awesome:

I don't see the Burton/Cloud resemblance at ALL. They have completely different facial features and bone structure. Burton with the chiseled jar and the downturned nose and normal sized eyes.

Cloud obviously has more feminine features with the curved face, the stylized enlarged eyes, and that nose. I mean look at a pic of Cloud from AC/C. They look NOTHING alike. Is it that they're both blond, white, and have blue eyes?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
So Tifa finally gets a chance to exist without relying on Cloud for a storyline...and every line of dialogue is so generic and flat it may as well be a Manikin saying it. The only inspired lines she had was when she healed Kain and was yelling that she trusted him in spite of his actions. Everything else may as well have been ape speak. "Kain, me Tifa! We friend!" I found myself more interested in Kain's unspoken rationalization for his betrayals - they'll survive to the next cycle at which point they won't remember what he did anyway - than in anything Tifa said.

I take it back, stick to using Tifa to support Cloud's stories, because apparently she can't support her own.

And yeah, RLC does a lousy job, she's horribly inconsistent. Such a shame when she has to share the speakers with a man who could make an angel orgasm with the power of his voice alone. Hell forget Kain, even Ultimecia's VA does a better job.

Hey now, it's not the character's fault for being badly written.

Top Bottom