Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
And seriously, Lightning taking the all mighty central spot instead of Tifa??

I call bullsh*t!

Yeah really. Tifa should be front and center. And the other characters shouldn't even be there!

In all seriousness though, it wouldn't surprise me if they did put Lightning up front. Besides being the most recent character, they've just been promoting her lately. My personal opinion is that they're overexposing Lightning to prep for a possible XIII-2.

@ roku - where'd you find that picture?

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
I wish we could see a bigger version of it. :\ I can't even tell what Kain is doing.

But thanks for the source Cloud_S!

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Yeah you posted that picture while wearing a trollface didn't you? I thought it was a thumbnail, and clicked with no good results. D<

Also I agree, the attention to Lightning is retarded. Quit trying to force her being a badass cool female upon everyone. We got the picture in XIII, and imo, her character is trying TOO hard. Which makes her lame.

roku

Pro Adventurer
ESRB description.
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/0...m-final-fantasy-isnt-subtle-about-tifas-well/

"This is an action game in which players compete in one-on-one battles with characters from the Final Fantasy universe. Players engage in hand-to-hand combat in 3D arenas and use axes, swords, boomerangs, and magic spells (e.g., energy balls, summoned creatures) to drain opponents&#8217; life meters. Battles are highlighted by cries of pain, colorful explosions, and slow-motion sequences that zoom in on defeated characters. A handful of female characters wear revealing outfits that expose large amounts of cleavage; some of these characters&#8217; breasts also jiggle during combat. Some in-game text in also contains suggestive material (e.g., "Here&#8217;s a better idea: &#8216;Zoom camera into Tifa&#8217;s cleavage!&#8217;"). Various portrait galleries depict partially nude female characters; the general shapes of their bodies are displayed instead of actual detail (i.e., no nipples or genitalia). The words "ass," "damn," and "hell" appear in the dialogue."

SkyGrinderomnislash7IV

Pro Adventurer
"Here&#8217;s a better idea: &#8216;Zoom camera into Tifa&#8217;s cleavage!&#8217;"
Apparently someone makes a joke about Tifs's cleavage, Zidane is not that blatent so I'll guess it's Edgar.

Last edited:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
OK, I read this thing again about remaking the original Dissidia and just to clear up (though I think I was the only one confused):

Nomura revealed that the original's story will also be included. Once you clear Duodecim's story, you'll be able to unlock this. It's being fully remade to go along with Duodecim's new story mode, which is based off a 3D map system. The plot is the same, but you'll find more 2D events allowing you to explore the story deeper.

So the plot of the original is not changing. And with the number of hours: 15 of duodecim, 60 total. I know Force mentioned it before - the original doesn't take 45 hours to complete. But 15 hours seems like a really small amount of time. It feels like you're getting more of the original than the new game. This is really odd to me. I'd rather them not waste the "space" on the original, and have a more in depth duodecim instead. w/e. I still think it's going to be cool.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Can someone new post about the Dissidia Duodecim PSP? I'm a little pre-occupied at the moment.

psp5.jpg

psp6.jpg

Kotaku said:
This custom PSP-3000 will be released by Sony Japan in March, as part of a bundle that includes the handheld and the game, an upcoming fighting title.

It'll go on sale in Japan on March 3, and cost 22,890 (USD$275).

X :neo:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Is there anyone that is going to buy the PSP now? I mean...isn't there a psp2 coming in the next year or so. That's a lot of money to spend on something that will only be good for a year :/

That is pretty cool though.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I don't know if it's official. But it seems like a lot of money to spend for something that you may only get a year or two use out of. Because if no games made you want to buy the psp before, then you're pretty much buying it for this one game. That's just my opinion. And this coming from someone who loves to spend money she doesn't have.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Nope. Sony had their CES Keynote last night, and no PSP2. If you don't have a PSP, it's a nice looking one. PLUS- There's no confirmation that a PSP2 would play PSP games. (I really like my Crisis Core PSP)

X :neo:

MinoSpelgud

Rookie Adventurer
Hey, Drake. I'd translate Gabranth's new attack as "Earth-splitting Slash." That's a very literal translation, since the kanji used are literally "earth," "split," and "slash/cut," so feel free to clean that up however. =P

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
EDIT - Teeny tiny new scan, we can see another alt for Tifa in the corner. Too blurry to make out clearly but it's either Cowgirl Tifa, or it's Amano Tifa with a red skirt and different top.

221144758.jpg

Something else, I may be wrong but I noticed a few screenshots. It seems now you can set the outfit of the opponent when facing them, IIRC in Dissidia the only time you faced someone in an outfit other than their default it was Time Trial or a mirror match.

Cecil012Shadowbringer.jpg

Ok_cod_ct.jpg

Sectorray.jpg

Squall_ultimecia_alt.jpg

Tifa_Dissidia_012_Attack.jpg

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I just love Golbez's new look. BAD ASS. Adding him to the Manly charts w/ Jecht now.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I think the scan kinda looks like Crisis Core Tifa. OAO That'd be awesome, I like that outfit. I'm sure it'll get a lot of negative responses too, though. =P

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
LOL, I think it looks like Amano version. Either way I'll like it XD

SkyGrinderomnislash7IV

Pro Adventurer
EDIT - Teeny tiny new scan, we can see another alt for Tifa in the corner. Too blurry to make out clearly but it's either Cowgirl Tifa, or it's Amano Tifa with a red skirt and different top.

221144758.jpg
Amano Tifa what a waste, you can tell by the red skirt. Seriously Cloud and Tifa have awesome Crisis Core designs to use, why not give Cloud his rifled infantry costume for example.

Top Bottom