Dissidia English Clips & Translation Discussion

Gale

Read My Mind
Dave Wittenberg - he also played Yazoo. Ever since I heard him play Sora in .hack//sign I liked him.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
...You mean Kakashi is Kefka?

Fucking hilarious. LMAO. Wow. He's got range. That's truly a talented voice actor. Major props to him.

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
Not Sure - guess the movie.
Oh, I thought everyone here already knew Dave played Kefka :huh:
Oh well.

They didn't even give him his trade-mark laugh "Uwee-hee-hee!" they just gave him an insane laugh and kept the craziness rolling.

But, if they had just let down on the clown bit for just a few scenes and keep it to a minimal, they it would have all been super fine.

At some points he can't pull off Kefka. Its just he seems too goofy and too clown like all the time. But most of the time he has a decent voice for him. :D

But, either way, Kefka is going to be a killer character to play.

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
This! I still think Shigeru Chiba was really spot on with his work and much better than this guy.

And this! After all, it's Kefka! Enough said!

Shigeru Chiba did better than Dave, considering the fact that Kefka NEVER ever said such dorky clown like things before. ;)

He'd be the silent crazy type, how do I explain this? Hm....the only way I could explain it, is to say: "play the game again". But if you give me enough time, I could possibly phrase how Kefka should have acted.

They should have made Shigeru learn English and play him here too. :D

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You clearly have no clue what you're talking about. At all. LOL at Kefka being the silent crazy type. Fucking fail.

And I'm sure we'd love to hear Kefka speaking engrish.

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
You clearly have no clue what you're talking about. At all. LOL at Kefka being the silent crazy type. Fucking fail.

And I'm sure we'd love to hear Kefka speaking engrish.
No, YOU clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
"Fucking fail" to you.

And I'm not so sure I know what "engrish" is. I spelled it right, so I don't know where you pulled this from. So, instead of trying bully what you think I should believe about Kefka, why don't you just leave me alone? It seems to me that you are trying to start something over the internet.
34dmyy0.jpg

Barry White would agree with me :bmonster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!

:rorschach:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
No, YOU clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
"Fucking fail" to you.

And I'm not so sure I know what "engrish" is. I spelled it right, so I don't know where you pulled this from. So, instead of trying bully what you think I should believe about Kefka, why don't you just leave me alone? It seems to me that you are trying to start something over the internet.
34dmyy0.jpg

Barry White would agree with me :bmonster:

lol.

What you believe. Right. :awesome:

Clearly Kefka was a quiet person. Very subtle and nuanced with his madness and words. Yup.

And you should google engrish and Gackt one day. Might learn something.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
"Engrish" is Japanese-accented English. "Rots of ruck!" for example.

And where did you get the impression of Kefka as the silent crazy type? He talked constantly.

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!

:rorschach:

???

Anyway, I really should post the lines that Kefka says that AREN'T very characteristic.

As I posted before, where is his famous line? His evil laugh has been taken away! >_>:shifty:

Kefka would never slap his butt before battle or after. Maybe something close to it, but never that goofy. They "clowned" him up more to make Sephiroth look more evil, even though he's not.

Anyways, Dave does a good job for Kefka (the Kefka he was given, not the real Kefka) but its not the real Final Fantasy VI Kefka. "I see a poser" :> lol

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The fail in this thread is hurting my eyes.

Kefka fucking taunts and sticks his tongue out at you in FFVI, for fuck's sake. What are you blabbering about? He laughs and giggles as he burns people alive. Where the heck are you getting off calling him quiet? His laugh is there if you actually listen and pay attention. He laughs in almost all of his victory quotes. Were you even born when FFVI came out?

You seriously don't know jack about Kefka or his character, and its hilarious watching you say these ignorant, nonsensical things about his character. You've got him backwards.

But blame Sephiroth. It's that leather wearing faggot's fault.

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
The fail in this thread is hurting my eyes.

Kefka fucking taunts and sticks his tongue out at you in FFVI, for fuck's sake. What are you blabbering about? He laughs and giggles as he burns people alive. Where the heck are you getting off calling him quiet? His laugh is there if you actually listen and pay attention. He laughs in almost all of his victory quotes. Were you even born when FFVI came out?

You seriously don't know jack about Kefka or his character, and its hilarious watching you say these ignorant, nonsensical things about his character. You've got him backwards.

But blame Sephiroth. It's that leather wearing faggot's fault.

Seems I've hurt some FF7 fanboys.

By silent, I meant he wouldn't be slapping his goddamn ass at every one! Is that clear enough for you?

Of course he giggles at you! Crap man, its like you guys don't even read posts right. I said he was too goofy! Kefka isn't THAT goofy in FFVI, okay?
He laughed his head off when he poisoned people at Doma, not prance about all girly like (although he did walk like a woman a bit) and slap his ass before a battle. Nor did he EVER EVER suck up to anyone or even remotely get along with anyone else, which explains his hate for Leo and Celes, Cid and the Emperor.

But, are you honestly gonna tell me he did these things in Final Fantasy VI? Because I'm not so sure the graphics could allow such a thing and two, because that's not what the REAL Kefka is about.

Leather wearing faggot? Who the hell are you talking about? Sehiroth? Tifa? Squall? Locke? Cloud? I'm trying to think of all the leather wearing faggots. It would help if you provided a name with that insult toward a character.

I never blamed Sephy for anything. I merely stated that I think Sephiroth isn't that evil.
We are getting off topic, maybe you should just read my posts better next time, kay?

Untilthan
icameplz.gif

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, because you wrote FFVI and know his character better than ANYONE. You're a Kefka expert. A Ph.D Kefkatologist. Those creator's don't know shit.

And clearly Kefka doesn't prance, right?
Kefka_battle.gif

Totally not prancing.

And if you can't keep up with the conversation that's your fault. Drink some milk, go to bed, and maybe you'll be able to give your mind a rest so you can keep up.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't think she's trolling, which is the sad thing. It'd be funny if she were though.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
unsuccessful-troll.jpg

So yeah, anyone else think it's about time this shit was just released already?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Game seems pretty done. It certainly should just be out now.

My enthusiasm for the game of course has nothing to do with that assessment. :awesome:

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
Wait, lemme get this straight.

I'm a troll for defending my way of looking at Kefka? Seriously? Okay, sure :>
Call me what you must, at least I know I'm right.

Lemme quote myself again here, for all of you.
not prance about all girly like (although he did walk like a woman a bit)
Kefka_battle.gif

I clearly said he did prance, just not as much as he does Dissidia. Again, read and read! :>

Yeah, because you wrote FFVI and know his character better than ANYONE. You're a Kefka expert. A Ph.D Kefkatologist. Those creator's don't know shit.
Yeah, okay. Show me a part where he slaps his ass. Can you do that? No, I thought so. Thank you! I am a Kefkatologist. I was trained by the best, thank you.

And if you can't keep up with the conversation that's your fault. Drink some milk, go to bed, and maybe you'll be able to give your mind a rest so you can keep up.
Oh my god, no! Someone on the internet thinks I can't keep up T.T *Cry, cry, sniff, sniff*

If you really, really must think I'M the troll for defending my look at Kefka, than go ahead and think it pal. Because at least I know I'm right because you have to result to calling me a troll for no reason. Fail, fail, fail. Very epic fail.

(I also noticed that if no one agrees with you, you call em troll. Very funny
icameplz.gif
)

On topic.
I can't wait for the actor list to be released. I wanna see who plays Buntz.
Barry White's best friend out!

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
butthurt.jpg

and here I was just trying to get the thread back on track.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
And how much prancing do you know Kefka does in his free time? What's the prancing quota Kefka falls under, and by how much does the prancing exceed said quota in Dissidia? I want some figures now.

Because clearly, if we never see him do it, he never would. Likewise we know Kefka doesn't eat, piss, or shit because we never saw him ever do that in FFVII. That makes sense.

And again keep up. I didn't call you a troll. Terra did. Are we all bleeding together now?

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
And how much prancing do you know Kefka does in his free time? What's the prancing quota Kefka falls under, and by how much does the prancing exceed said quota in Dissidia? I want some figures now.

Because clearly, if we never see him do it, he never would. Likewise we know Kefka doesn't eat, piss, or shit because we never saw him ever do that in FFVII. That makes sense.

And again keep up. I didn't call you a troll. Terra did. Are we all bleeding together now?

I wasn't talking just to you, to everyone silly.
Are we bleeding together? Not unless its your period...

No, still not what I said lol why don't you guys keep reading my posts until you get it.

@Dacon:
Hey, thank you! Been looking for that. Barry White said that you'd hand it out. Been waiting for it ^^
:D
icameplz.gif

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yet you quoted exactly what I said...

LOL. That smiley suits you and the maturity of your wit quite well.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
How would one prance in FF6 graphics? You could do it, I guess, it would be really confusing as to what he was doing. I'm not sure what's so out there about him taunting by tapping his butt either, the man's unhinged. I personally hate the noise he makes every time he jumps, but I'm not sure it's shitting on his character either.

Also, did I miss something about all this Barry White stuff?

Top Bottom