Dissidia English Clips & Translation Discussion

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
Not Sure - guess the movie.
LOL. That smiley suits you and the maturity of your wit quite well.

Really? Hm, thank you. That's why I posted it. :>
But, are you saying smart people can't laugh? Or am I suppose to say "lawl" or maybe "lol"?

How would one prance in FF6 graphics? You could do it, I guess, it would be really confusing as to what he was doing. I'm not sure what's so out there about him taunting by tapping his butt either, the man's unhinged. I personally hate the noise he makes every time he jumps, but I'm not sure it's shitting on his character either.

Also, did I miss something about all this Barry White stuff?

How would one prance...well, they would start making a sprite, color it and than make it move? Yes, yes, that's how you do it :}

Its funny and cute that you two aren't getting what I'm saying, really it is. I'll bring it down for you, kay?

"Kefka never slapped his butt in FFVI and if he could, he wouldn't because that isn't his character at all. Second: I never said he didn't prance, understand? Just not as much as they make him do in Dissidia."

Whoo, did I make it better? Clear enough?

Whaa? Nah, I think this ::bmonster:: is kinda like Barry White. I adore Barry and this pic, so I relate the two. So, I'm saying that the brown cookie monster reminds me of Barry White.

Alright, me gonna go look up some Dissidia pictures and try to find a actor list. Don't be surprised if I'm not hovering over this post like most here.
Bye!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Really? Hm, thank you. That's why I posted it. :>
But, are you saying smart people can't laugh? Or am I suppose to say "lawl" or maybe "lol"?

How would one prance...well, they would start making a sprite, color it and than make it move? Yes, yes, that's how you do it :}

Its funny and cute that you two aren't getting what I'm saying, really it is. I'll bring it down for you, kay?

"Kefka never slapped his butt in FFVI and if he could, he wouldn't because that isn't his character at all. Second: I never said he didn't prance, understand? Just not as much as they make him do in Dissidia."

Whoo, did I make it better? Clear enough?

Whaa? Nah, I think this ::bmonster:: is kinda like Barry White. I adore Barry and this pic, so I relate the two. So, I'm saying that the brown cookie monster reminds me of Barry White.

Alright, me gonna go look up some Dissidia pictures and try to find a actor list. Don't be surprised if I'm not hovering over this post like most here.
Bye!

800px-Final_fail.JPG

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
haha, Mako, I haven't seen that one before, pretty clever.

All right Hatter, let me dumb this down for you,

"What makes you think it is so out of character for him?! And something better than 'we never saw him do it.'"

I think they move Kefka into the third dimension pretty well, with him teleporting into an Esper pod unnoticed only to shatter it open, thoughtlessly insulting the other combatants (callously displaying boredom at Exdeath's method of destruction in particular), disappointment every time the villains let the heroes go 'for now', relentlessly taunting his opponents, humming the victory fanfare when he wins (which is awesome, by the way), he sounds like Kefka to me. Also, his laugh is present in the game on several occasions, I'm not sure what you're referring to there.

I know, I know, opinion and all, and I know it was Mako that winded you up (:monster:), but you really haven't given much of a reason.

And can I say again how hilarious I think it is that Kefka hums the victory theme? :lol:

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
haha, Mako, I haven't seen that one before, pretty clever.

All right Hatter, let me dumb this down for you,

"What makes you think it is so out of character for him?! And something better than 'we never saw him do it.'"

I think they move Kefka into the third dimension pretty well, with him teleporting into an Esper pod unnoticed only to shatter it open, thoughtlessly insulting the other combatants (callously displaying boredom at Exdeath's method of destruction in particular), disappointment every time the villains let the heroes go 'for now', relentlessly taunting his opponents, humming the victory fanfare when he wins (which is awesome, by the way), he sounds like Kefka to me. Also, his laugh is present in the game on several occasions, I'm not sure what you're referring to there.

I know, I know, opinion and all, and I know it was Mako that winded you up (:monster:), but you really haven't given much of a reason.

And can I say again how hilarious I think it is that Kefka hums the victory theme? :lol:

Agreed, this is Kefka as I recall him. It just seems like his characterization is off to some because he's in 3D and has a voice actor now. There's only so much you can show about a character with Super NES capabilities.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
In KH, they saw so.(?) The makers even say so. I hate it! Squall IS younger. I just don't get why they would fuck something up like that. Its wrong.

Aerith isn't dead.
Leon knows FF7 characters.
Tidus is 11
Yuna is a 3 inch pixie.
It's an AU. THE ORIGINAL MATTERS NOT, AND THE AU MATTERS NOT TO THE ORIGINAL.

I adore Squall, I think he is so cute. But KH made him something he's not.
He wouldn't be THAT friendly to Sora. In FFVIII he was very nice to children, but the way he treats Sora is kinda...off character.

Elaborate.

But on topic, David did in fact play a better Squall. Why didn't they get him for the part?

Unavailability, cost. Any number of reasons could be responsible.

GameSpy....I love these people
Final Fantasy VII's Sephiroth is just about the most overrated videogame character in existence. Basically, the dude is a whiny, pissed-off loose cannon who overreacts to the discovery of his test-tube-baby birth (or FF7's magical equivalent, anyway) by trying to destroy the world. Yeah, that's perfectly reasonable. His long hair, dark clothes, and cartoonishly long sword won over legions of gamers easily impressed by generic, effeminate Japanese character designs, and he somehow ascended to the pantheon of arch-videogame-villainy because he killed one of your party members. Never mind the fact that you could use a Phoenix Down to bring dead characters back to life in any other circumstance, but hey, this happened in a cut-scene, so no take-backs.

FrankBarone.png

Um... MinWu, Ricard, Leila, etc., Aria, Tellah, Anna, Cluya, Cecillia, GALUF, LEO, etc.
So no, Gamespy, Phoenix downs DON'T bring back dead party members in the rest of the goddamn series. And their description doesn't even SAY THEY DO outside of FF1.
And it's not that he's a test tube baby that sends him over the edge, but that his entire history was a blatant lie he was being fed to him by those responsible for his creation, and his desire to get even for being used and lied to his entire life.
I got that on playthrough one. How did others not? How did Gamespy whose job it is to play games not get this?

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Ah, Ryu....you should re-read my post, specifically, who said that. Considering IGN voted him the best Final Fantasy character (yeah right), I doubt they'd say that about Sesshiroth.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about Drake...

Yeah... that's the ticket.

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Juniper, Rinali, Legretta
I will take Dave Wittenberg's Kefka over Shigeru Chiba's. Yeah. I watched a few Japanese Dissidia videos on youtube, and his voice grated on me. And at some points, he sounds like an old Japanese woman.

Last edited:

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Speaking of Wittenberg, wasn't he suspected as Genesis' real voice actor - instead of this 'Oliver Quinn' which smells like a union-dodger.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I've just seen that battle with Squall and Kefka, bloody brilliant. Lol Kefka is very, very funny, as far as FF villans go he's definitley one of my favourites :D...just one thing though is it me or does Squall sound kind of English when he says 'You've taken this joke too far'???

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
After looking at all of Cloud's battle quotes, the quote:

"This isn't the place to stop."

Is definitely the English localization equivalent of "There's no gettin' off this train" in Dissidia.

Yeah, big fail on Square Enix's part. They dropped the ball on that reference, epically. Just...zoomed right over their head. That's pretty fucked up.

Gale

Read My Mind
That was probably my favorite off-hand reference to FF7.

Usually this stuff never really bothers me, but this time I can't help but feel disappointed.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
That's not there? Wtf?

Nope.

Kefka's Quotes said:
Intro:
"I'm going to destroy EVERYTHING!"
"I'm not letting you go."
"Toying with your prey is fun."
"Ooh! A new plaything?"
"Piece - of - cake!"
"Turnabout victory, coming right up."
"Looks like a durable toy."
"I'm gonna have to play rough!"
"Do you think you can beat me?"
"You're LOWER than lower than dirt!"

Vs. Cosmos:
"I hate guys like you the worst." [Vs. WoL]
"Aren't you hot?" [Vs. Firion]
"Time for your punishment, little one!" [Vs. OK]
"Goody two-shoes!" [Vs. Cecil]
"Let me take that load off your shoulders." [Vs. Bartz]
"Time to come home to papa." [Vs. Terra]
"Ahh, the smell of inexperience!" [Vs. Cloud]
"I see a poser!" [Vs. Squall]
"One of us is not serious enough." [Vs. Zidane]
"Go back to the beach already." [Vs. Tidus]

Vs. Chaos:
"You battle-obsessed nimrod!" [Vs. Garland]
"You are less than worthless!" [Vs. Emperor]
"Get lost, fossil!" [Vs. CoD]
"Completed your funeral arrangements?" [Vs. Golbez]
"Destruction without death? Bo-ring." [Vs. Exdeath]
"Who's THAT handsome devil?" [Vs. Kefka]
"Ehh, what IS it that you want?" [Vs. Sephiroth]
"How about you give me that power?" [Vs. Ultimecia]
"I am not in the mood." [Vs. Kuja]
"Meatheads, meatheads everywhere..." [Vs. Jecht]

Other:
"Now you've got what it takes to destroy the world!" [Vs. Shantotto]
"Just another loser..." [Vs. Gabranth]
"The sweet scent of death..." [Vs. Chaos]

Win:
"I can't stop laughing!"
"There's NOTHING I can't do!!!"
"Now, who'll be my next vitim?"
"That was hardly worth destroying..."
"Victory is mine!"
"Heeheehee!"
"You are pathetic!"
"Hm-hm-hm-hm..." (He's humming the victory theme.)
"Any last words?"
"You get what you deserve!"

Loss:
"I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE YOU!"
"We are NOT amused."
"Un-be-LEEEVE-able!"
"Graaah! I'll remember this!"
"Huh? Why am I not moving...?"
"Ohh... Poor, poor me..."
"Don't think you've won this!"
"Eh? When did that happen?"
"Critical failure!"
"Ker-plunk..."

At least they got "I hate hate hate HATE you", if I had to choose between the Bore quote and the Hate quote, I'll take the Hate quote in the game.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Weird...it's like it's completely omitted. There's not even an equivalent.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Surprisingly, it wasn't in the Japanese version either. Sad too, it was another of Kefka's (many) iconic quotes.

Seriously, Kefka is almost like Balthier in that regard - pretty much anything he says is awesome enough to quote.

EDIT - I'm gonna do that, make some Balthier Dissidia quotes. Shouldn't be hard. :p

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Surprisingly, it wasn't in the Japanese version either. Sad too, it was another of Kefka's (many) iconic quotes.

Seriously, Kefka is almost like Balthier in that regard - pretty much anything he says is awesome enough to quote.

Oh you confused me!

I thought it was a Japanese quote that was left out in the US game :monster:

Yeah it's iconic but sadly not all of the good ones can make it.

Top Bottom