Dissidia English Clips & Translation Discussion

These gameplay videos are giving me some negative impressions.
#1: The "Aerial recovery" sound is irritating. I hope you can cancel it somehow.
#2: EX Core attacks seem way too overpowered. I mean, almost all fights are won with an EX attack.

Other than that it looks fine.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
These gameplay videos are giving me some negative impressions.
#1: The "Aerial recovery" sound is irritating. I hope you can cancel it somehow.
#2: EX Core attacks seem way too overpowered. I mean, almost all fights are won with an EX attack.

Other than that it looks fine.

Those two aspects are both the same as the Japanese version...

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Damn, I was hoping they would get rid of that super annoying noise Kefka makes when he jumps in the English version...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The Cloud montage is up. You know, I can tell that they tried so hard to retool the dialogue of this game to make it sound epic and memorable. And you gotta give them props for that. The original Japanese script was enjoyable but wasn't quite as unique or diverse in terms of dialogue. They really tried to make each character's line sound like something...more you could say.

I guess you could say that's the big difference between just translating, and also localizing and making the speech something akin to you know...English. :monster:

The big plus is hearing the script additions and lines in English. No surprise in Steve Burton. You'll either love him or hate him at this point. I love the guy and think he makes an awesome Cloud. Omnislash V. 5 sounds awesome. "No hard feelings." :monster:

Same goes for Sephy-kun. You'll either love Newburn or hate him. I particularly love his quotes here. His lines are definitely amusing.

Heaven's Light, his new HP attack, looks good. Another good attack to add to his arsenal. I'm sooo glad he got a retooling for our US release.

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
George Newbern is cool. Sesshiroth is the one that sucks. :p

IGN sucks too, I have to pay for an "insider account" or something to download the videos. I ain't gonna pay for that shit, it's a rip-off, GameSpy got it right and lets you download for free. I feel kinda bad, because I can't upload the footage from IGN directly, I have to wait for someone else to upload it, then I have to use their version. I know I suck doing this, blame the cheap pricks at IGN. ><

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
no_u_for_knowyourmeme.jpg

Sephiroth doesn't suck, YOU suck :@

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
Thanks for the vids Mako! You're right, their dialog is a lot better here. <3 :cthulhu:

Ugh, god I hate those personal captions that person put in the video and in general for youtube vids. It was annoying for me, but thankfully I could hear their wonderful lines. I wish that feature could disappear though.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Thanks for the vids Mako! You're right, their dialog is a lot better here. <3 :cthulhu:

Ugh, god I hate those personal captions that person put in the video and in general for youtube vids. It was annoying for me, but thankfully I could hear their wonderful lines. I wish that feature could disappear though.

So do I, I just turn them off.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
IGN has always been full of shit. Don't blame yourself. :monster:

and one winged angel is a pretty cool guy. eh gives dis' pears and doesnt afraid of anything.

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
So do I, I just turn them off.
I don't have an account cause I hate youtube, but if I have to get an account just to turn off that fucking feature, that really sucks.
IGN has always been full of shit. Don't blame yourself. :monster:

and one winged angel is a pretty cool guy. eh gives dis' pears and doesnt afraid of anything.
LOL :awesomonster:

StrifeClouds

Little Rain Cloud
I love the voices, so happy they are returning as their respective roles. Steve Burton is awesome, he's a perfect Cloud. Thanks for posting these :)

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Cloud's line so far in Dissidia sound really..for lack of a better word...cool.

He sounds a lot more confident in his lines and dialogue than what you'd expect. It's quite amusing. I lol at the "No hard feelings" line.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
And holy shit, I just noticed something.

Cloud's faster. His start up time for Meteorain is a lot faster. So he got tweaked as well!

Cross-Slash is faster, and tracks better, Meteor Rain has a faster start up time...I wonder what else they did?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh c'mon!!!! You can't use the same joke twice!!! :monster:

But seriously this is pretty damn good news. Cloud's weakness was his speed and start up. Looks like they fixed some of that too. Shit, I really hope they did more. He eats brave for breakfast like Squall does, except with Cloud you can actually land an HP attack with him easy.

I hate how Squall has to hang in the air or pause ridiculously whenever he does Aerial or Fated Circle. It's so unnecessary.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Oh c'mon!!!! You can't use the same joke twice!!! :monster:

I just did.

But seriously this is pretty damn good news. Cloud's weakness was his speed and start up. Looks like they fixed some of that too. Shit, I really hope they did more. He eats brave for breakfast like Squall does, except with Cloud you can actually land an HP attack with him easy.

I hate how Squall has to hang in the air or pause ridiculously whenever he does Aerial or Fated Circle. It's so unnecessary.

Agreed, Cloud's Omnislash Vers 5 and Braver seem to be his preferred Aerial HP attacks, but his ground HP attacks suck. Good to see they've been boosted.

Same with Squall, with that new aerial Magic move and Rough Divide, he'll be better at aerial fighting now. Apparently, in addition to doing it in the air, Rough Divide has a faster start-up too now.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
It sounds like Doug Erholtz is reprising his role as Squall, I have to admit thats the one VA I didn't want. I always thought his voice wasn't right for Squall in KH2 whereas I think David Boreanaz got it right in KH1 apart from that though I gotta say the effort was really put in to make sure they had a good english voice cast for this title, most of the voices are spot on or how I imagined if I hadn't heard them before.

Top Bottom