Doctor Who!!~

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Oh Tres. C'mon guys, lets do this.

Anyways I saw "Voyage of the Damned" and dear lord did George R. R. Martin write that episode? That was a very depressing episode.
Bannakaffalatta's and Astrid's heroic sacrifice though Astrid dying was all but a foregone conclusion. Foon's and Morvin's deaths, they were such a lovely couple and people, I need a tissue. :'( Then that asshole Slade survives and is still very much an asshole and goes home richer, if it weren't for Mr. Copper the episode would've been a complete depressing, downer ending.

But at least I got to "Partners in Crime" and I really needed that episode after "Voyage of the Damned". I fucking loved the episode, if there was any shadow of a doubt that Donna was going to be my favorite companion it was completely gone in the window scene, I almost died laughing, that was the fucking best. And then:

Doctor: I just want a mate.
Donna: You just want to mate!?
Doctor: A mate. I just want a mate!
Donna: You're ain't mating with me sunshine!

So fucking hilarious these two together are. Also Donna carrying around all her clothes in her car just in case she ran into the Doctor and a bag of hats just in case they went to a planet of hats. Just everything about Donna, I fucking love Donna.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So I watched
. This episode is hilarious in hindsight with Amy and the 12 Doctor being on it, heh the Doctor bought his own TARDIS. Donna in this episode was brilliant, trying to get the Doctor to save people and then sharing the burden with him of making the volcano explode. For a sad episode it had some really funny moments:

Caecilius: Who are you? The Doctor: I am... Spartacus. Donna: And so am I.

*The Doctor threatening a Pyrovile with a Walther P38 water pistol.* Doctor: "I'm warning you, I'm armed!"

*Donna is about to be sacrificed.* Priestess: This prattling voice will cease forever. The Doctor: Oh, that'll be the day.

Seeing how the Ood had been lobotomized to become slaves was heartbreaking and their theme "Songs of Captivity and Freedom" is beautiful.

Oh I love this episode, Martha back, Donna being hilariously awesome like when she tells Martha the Doctor is so skinny you can get a paper cut from hugging him. And:

Donna: Donna Noble since you didn't ask and yes I'll take a salute.

Donna: "You dumbo. That's what you are. (In a sing-songy voice) You great big, outer-space dunce."

*the Atmos system in the Land Rover suffers from the Logic Bomb, the Doctor and Ross Jenkins run for cover... then the sat nav system fizzles and sparks a little bit*
The Doctor: (disappointed) Is that it?

Martha: "That's why I thought we needed an expert."
The Doctor: "Who'd you get?"
(It takes a moment for him to realize she's talking about him and everyone stares at him.)
The Doctor: "Oh. Right, me. Yes, good."

You know for supposedly being the universe's greatest soldiers the Sontarans sure got the shit beat out of them rather quickly once UNIT figured out their gun problem. Rattigan may have been a completely annoying, jerkass, insufferable genius but he had a very nice heroic sacrifice and cloneMartha's death was rather sad. Donna and the Doctor were hilarious in this episode:

Doctor: (while wearing a gas mask) Are you my mummy?

*upon realizing The TARDIS has been stolen*
Doctor: I'm stuck. On Earth. Like ... like an ordinary person, like a human. How rubbish is that? (glances at the audience for a split second) Sorry, no offense but come on.

Donna: (to Martha, who wears the Doctor's coat over her hospital-type gown) You know, that coat, sort of works.
Martha: Feel like a kid in my dad's clothes.
Donna: Oh, well if you're calling him dad you’re definitely getting over him.

Donna: (on phone to the Doctor, regarding the use of a door switch) But it's Sontaran-shaped, you need three fingers!
Doctor: ...You've got three fingers.
Donna: Oh yeah!

The Doctor getting bored watching the Sontarans do their chant so after going "Oh brother" and rolling his eyes, he starts watching cartoons and the soldiers absolutely shocked look about how calm he is about it.

After the Doctor's near-sacrifice Martha immediately goes and hugs him but Donna whacks him on the arm and then hugs him. I love Donna so much.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Yayyyy!!!!! ^_^

I was already Rose once, so should I be her again and you be Clara?

Who would you want to be most?
I'll take Clara. :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
"The Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this 50th Anniversary Special: in 2013, something terrible is awakening in London’s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor’s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him."

X :neo:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
^Funny story: When the DW page posted the sypnosis on their timeline on facebook, Mozilla crashed on me. Could this mean something? :shifty:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
awmigawd IT'S COMING!!!

bf1frc.png

That's two days!!!!

:pooh:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Amizon and Tennyo: Your name changes are done. I suppose I should probably switch names now again. Should I go back to Rory or should I be someone else? It'd be a lot better being Rory if I had an Amy :sadpanda:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Someone Tres be Martha so we can have the trio of companions from 10. :monster:

It's hard not to giggle at the whole "Doctor's daughter who played the Doctor's daughter and then had the Doctor's daughter" thing while watching the episode. Boy was the universe determined to prove Martha wrong on her idea that the quickest way to the Source was over the top of the planet. Did I spot Gendry from GoT as one of the clone soldiers? Yep. Poor Doctor, he spends most of the episode being cold to his 'daughter' since he already lost his family and doesn't want to go through that again and then when he finally warms up to her she dies and as far as he knows permanently, David and Georgia did a brilliant job in her death scene. Oh Donna you wanna travel with the Doctor forever? You really should've listened to Martha.

Oh this was a very hilarious episode. The flashbacks especially the Colonel's when he goes into another flashback, then in the interrogation scene when Agatha asks the Colonel, who promptly blurts out that he can walk, only to find that Agatha was going to say "You're completely innocent." And:

*Donna's reaction to a look between Roger and a (male) servant.*
Donna: Typical. All the decent men are on the other bus.

(The Doctor makes muffled noises while making a shaking motion)
Donna Noble: I can't understand you! How many words?
(The Doctor holds up one finger)
Donna Noble: One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
The Doctor: Harvey Wallbanger?
Donna Noble: Well, I don't know!
The Doctor: [growing furiously desperate] HOW IS HARVEY WALLBANGER ONE WORD?!
Agatha Christie: What do you need Doctor?
The Doctor: Salt! I was miming salt! I need salt! I need something salty!
Donna Noble: (Grabs a bag from the counter) What about this?
The Doctor: What is it?
Donna Noble: Salt!
Donna Noble: Oh, that's too salty!
Agatha Christie: What about this?(Hands the Doctor a jar and he upends it, eating the food)
Donna Noble: What's that?
Agatha Christie: Anchovies.

Doctor:Alright a shock. I need a big shock!
Donna: Alright a big shock coming up. (Donna kisses the Doctor)

I find the fact that only Alex Kingston knew who River was and David Tennant have absolutely no clue so the Doctor's confused look was genuine completely hilarious. River's face when she realizes that the Doctor doesn't know her and what it means:

River: You're younger than I've ever seen you.
Doctor: ...You've seen me before then?
River: Doctor...please tell me you know who I am.
Doctor: Who are you?

And then when she's about to make her heroic sacrifice:

River Song: If you die here, it'll mean I'll have never met you.
The Doctor: Time can be re-written!
River Song: Not those times. Not one line. Don't you dare.

River Song: It's okay. It's okay, it's not over for you. You'll see me again. You've got all of that to come. You - and me. Time and space. You watch us run.

That was so heartbreaking. And then Donna, oh god Donna. When she starts realizing that nothing is real and her children don't exist and the part where her virtual children disappear in their beds and Donna just completely panics and starts sobbing, I need a tissue. :'(

And the Doctor:

Doctor: I really liked Anita. She was brave, even when she was crying, and she never gave in and you ate her!

At least the episode had some funny moments:

Donna: It doesn't do wood?!
Donna: Move over. (Donna just slams into it, knocking it open)
Doctor: Nice door skills, Donna.
Donna: Yeah, well, you know. Boyfriends. Sometimes you need the element of surprise.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I see it happened. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Dear lord this episode was dark, I don't think Donna is hardly on the episode just because she's the protagonist in the next one, I think it's also a case of Shoo Out the Clowns. It's a complete deconstruction of a normal DW episode. The Doctor's way of dealing with aliens and people completely backfires on him and almost gets him killed. We also see what would probably happen in real life if a bunch of people were stuck with an unknown alien entity and how would they react to the Doctor. The episode ends and we never find out anything about the alien, not even what it really looks like, hell we don't even find out if it actually died. Whatever it was it managed to do what nothing else has, completely scare the Doctor into running away and not investigate any more about the alien. The look on the Doctor's face at the end of the episode, he's absolutely terrified and his whole view that humans are special has been shattered. As scary as the episode was I still giggled every time I saw Merlin on screen.

Holy shit all the damage that could be done simply because Donna turn right instead of left. This was my favorite part of the episode:

Wilf: Labour camps. That's what they called them last time.
Donna: ...what d'you mean?
Wilf: It's happening again.
Donna: What is?
Cut to the perpetually optimistic Mr Colasanto, who is hugging his wife and breaking down in tears as they are hauled away.

Bernard Cribbins as Wilfred was brilliant in that scene.

I'm off to the finale, very exciting.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I just realised I don't actually even need to change my name to fit into the DW theme, because according to EU materials, the Great Intelligence is Yog-Sothoth.

Now to decide which Great Intelligence picture to switch to as an avatar.

nvm, Dawn already switched back? Guess I will be Rory again then :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Bah, my box set is almost here! Latest tracking update:

November 5, 2013, 5:48 pm, Fedex Smartpost Brooklyn Park MN US Package arrived at a carrier facility

Freaking Brooklyn Park which is only ten minutes away. I work in Brooklyn Park. I have spent 40 hours of my life per week in that town since January. What's all this Thursday nonsense? Deliver it tomorrow! Hell, I'd be willing to go pick it up, even!!! lol

So close, yet so far. :(

Dear lord this episode was dark, I don't think Donna is hardly on the episode just because she's the protagonist in the next one, I think it's also a case of Shoo Out the Clowns. It's a complete deconstruction of a normal DW episode. The Doctor's way of dealing with aliens and people completely backfires on him and almost gets him killed. We also see what would probably happen in real life if a bunch of people were stuck with an unknown alien entity and how would they react to the Doctor. The episode ends and we never find out anything about the alien, not even what it really looks like, hell we don't even find out if it actually died. Whatever it was it managed to do what nothing else has, completely scare the Doctor into running away and not investigate any more about the alien. The look on the Doctor's face at the end of the episode, he's absolutely terrified and his whole view that humans are special has been shattered. As scary as the episode was I still giggled every time I saw Merlin on screen.

Holy shit all the damage that could be done simply because Donna turn right instead of left. This was my favorite part of the episode:

Wilf: Labour camps. That's what they called them last time.
Donna: ...what d'you mean?
Wilf: It's happening again.
Donna: What is?
Cut to the perpetually optimistic Mr Colasanto, who is hugging his wife and breaking down in tears as they are hauled away.

Bernard Cribbins as Wilfred was brilliant in that scene.

I'm off to the finale, very exciting.

You are going through them so fast! You may want to pace yourself. You don't have very much David Tennant left. D:

Also, when you finish Journey's End, make sure you go find Planet of the Dead before you watch Waters of Mars. For some reason Netflix does not have Planet of the Dead. :/

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Bah, my box set is almost here!

I had forgotten about this thing until you mentioned it, Tenny. I just ordered one in celebration of the fact that I got a job promotion and can totally afford to do that. *^^* I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it, since you'll more than likely have your before mine arrives.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Awesome!!! ^_^

Maybe I'll do one of those unboxing videos that are all the rage with the kids these days. :P

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
You are going through them so fast! You may want to pace yourself. You don't have very much David Tennant left. D:

Also, when you finish Journey's End, make sure you go find Planet of the Dead before you watch Waters of Mars. For some reason Netflix does not have Planet of the Dead. :/

I wanna get to "The Name of the Doctor" before November 23 that's why I'm going through them so fast.

I got all the seasons off thepiratebay, for some reason the person who uploaded them didn't do the same with all of the 2009 specials so I had to download them individually.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah, I know he doesn't.

We could, however, have someone be a specific Doctor. :monster:

EDIT:

UGH so today was spent going from one carrier facility to another carrier facility. It won't arrive until tomorrow. :sadpanda:

November 6, 2013, 1:23 pm, Minneapolis MN US Package arrived at a carrier facility
November 6, 2013, 1:44 am, Fedex Smartpost Brooklyn Park MN US Package has left the carrier facility
November 6, 2013, 1:44 am, Fedex Smartpost Brooklyn Park MN US In transit to pickup location

Last edited:
Top Bottom