Doctor Who!!~

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think it's different from the SDCC one based solely on the single leaked photo. The 3D modeling that they did for the past Doctors was AMAZING.

I'm also quite pleased that the trailer landed on page 100. It feel appropriate. ^_^ (Also- wooooooo 1,500th reply!!)

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I was actually in the middle of getting ready for a date so I was preoccupied when I saw it earlier. :monster:

Also, I was hoping for CLIPS FROM THE EPISODE!

But this will do. For now. ^_^

But in other news...

I did the calculations, and November 23rd is going to be my Saturday to work!!!!! D:

I don't know if I can get out of it... :scared:

Oh and Sarah Jane is featured rather prominently in the trailer. I wonder if that means anything...

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm concerned with featuring Sarah Jane out of respect of the actress. Let's see how this shit goes.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
IT'S COMING!!!!!!

tumblr_inline_mv22fzvlvD1ry5ge0.gif

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Wonder why the BBC insists on not allowing them to release the trailer when they want to. I guess they think it'll build anticipation.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The only thing I can think of is if they were working their asses off on the 11 Doctors 50th Anniversary teaser that we just saw, and they wanted to make sure that one came out first and had a little bit of time to shine - in which case, I couldn't blame them at all. That teaser trailer was awesome as hell and it deserves to have some time to shine, but it would clearly feel cheap if it was released AFTER one with actual footage of The Day of The Doctor. Ya know?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Smith and Tennant apparently enjoyed working together so much that they wanted to do more episodes together, but apparently Moffat didn't go for it.

Kind of disappointing, although I'm sure Capaldi will be great as well.

omg that is adorable.

Matt you precious thing. I think Moffat should give him whatever he wants. :wackymonster:

That would be the most epic... I mean holy shit I want this...

tumblr_inline_mv55ybbDfK1spf7h9.gif

I actually just came here to post this but that article distracted me, ugh dem feels tho...

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I would really love to see a Tennant/Smith split season, but I'm also really eager to see what Capaldi does. Too bad they can't do both at once :sadpanda:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So I saw "The Impossible Planet" and "The Satan Pit". Those two episodes were fucking creepy.
How did the dude mistreating the Ood not die at all?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That two part is among my favorite stories/eps. People always talk about how "scary" Doctor Who is supposed to be, but these two episodes are the only ones that have ever even remotely freaked me out.

What was your favorite part? I loved the bit where The Doctor is dangling in the pit while talking to Ida. That was a beautiful scene.

And which dude mistreating the Ood?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Two cinema showings in my nearest city. Only problem is, the episode would finish after the last bus back home had left for the night... there're no buses between the city and home on a Sunday... and I don't have any time left to book off work for Monday. -_-

Ah well. At home, with my HDTV, I guess.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Ugh, so Fandango is a terrible site. I kept refreshing and refreshing and refreshing, but the site still displayed the tickets as not being on sale yet. I called the theater where the 23rd simulcast is being shown, and they said there were 80 tickets left, but in order to make Fandango work, you have to go to the AMC website FIRST, look up the theater, look up the event, click on a special link that brings you BACK to freaking Fandango, and ONLY THEN will Fandango display that the tickets are on sale.

Well, my friends who wanted to go had already given up and bought tickets for Monday by that point. And I was sitting there waiting for them to see if they could get a refund, and when my time was almost out, I went to purchase two tickets just because. But Fandango didn't save my credit card info, so I had to retype it all, and then... I got timed out and IT WAS SOLD OUT. ¬_¬

So I guess I'm going on Monday, MAYBE. I bought a ticket but who knows if I'll be able to get the day off of work?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I got tickets for Monday. They filled one theater and opened another one JUST as a I went to get tickets, so I have awesome seats. :D

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So I finished series 2 of the new DW. I loved the whole concept of "Love & Monsters", focusing on the people in the background whose lives are affected by the Doctor and all the crazy around him. I finally ran into an episode I didn't like that being "Fear Her", everything about it was weak and uninteresting. As for the finale "Army of Ghosts" and "Doomsday" I loved them so much. Is that future companion Martha I spot? Oh no wait that's her identical cousin or something.
The Cybermen vs Daleks? So awesome. The part when they were telling each other to identify was hilarious and then the Cybermen got pwn in every way by the Daleks:

Cyber Leader: Daleks, be warned. You have declared war upon the Cybermen.
Dalek Sec: This is not war — this is pest control!
Cyber Leader: We have five million Cybermen. How many are you?
Dalek Sec: Four.
Cyber Leader: You would destroy the Cybermen with four Daleks?
Dalek Sec: We would destroy the Cybermen with one Dalek! You are superior in only one respect.
Cyber Leader: What is that?
Dalek Sec: You are better at dying.

The back and forth between the Doctor and Jackie was hilarious. That last part when the Doctor and Rose get separated and they're leaning against the wall, Rose breaking down is bad enough but how the Doctor just stays there motionless like his heart was ripped away and he can't feel anything anymore. Then the goodbye scene, Rose telling the Doctor she loves him and then "Rose Tyler, I...*transmission ends*" right in the feels and then:

Doctor: *sees woman in a wedding dress* What?
Woman: *turns around, makes sound of shock*
Doctor: What?
Woman: Who are you?
Doctor: But...
Woman: Where am I?
Doctor: What?
Woman: What the hell is this place?!
Doctor: ...what?

I almost died laughing, that was fucking awesome. How the series managed to go from really depressing to fucking hilarity in the span of 2 seconds was brilliant.

Well now I'm on to "The Runaway Bride" and series 3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom