E3 2019 Full Trailer with TIFA!

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Everything looks pretty damn amazing: The trailer/cinematic moments did an excellent job of letting you play "spot that scene" while delivering them in this completely new context, which was probably the best method of displaying what was one of my (and I'm sure many others) biggest concerns in that department...that these moments FEEL like FFVII. Without being a direct rehash, and without being a stark departure, they (seemingly) managed to capture that elusive, sometimes indescribable aspect of it just...feeling like the moments shown were genuinely of a piece with the world we've all loved (and become amateur historians of) this whole time. The gameplay clips, while obviously being MUCH more of a 'stark reinterpretation/reimagining', also managed to quell most of the concerns I had, and I especially like that whole 'Tactical mode'/option to fight in more classic style dealie.

Now, I know there's literally only a few VERY brief moments so far as this subject goes, but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least voice what was really the only disappointment, or worry, I had from all of this new footage: Sephiroth. Again, I know he barely appears, but when he does, both the lines he is speaking, and the drama-student way they are delivered, really had me doing quite a bit of cringing. Hopefully just a fluke of some sort...

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
... Again, I know he barely appears, but when he does, both the lines he is speaking, and the drama-student way they are delivered, really had me doing quite a bit of cringing. Hopefully just a fluke of some sort...

Oh man I love the way he delivers those lines. How Seph’s voice lifts when he says “You have to live...” really works for me. I feel like a lot of lines have been delivered with a big serving of drama and I’m loving it. These are larger-than-life characters. I’m smiling from ear to ear and enjoying their performances.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Sephiroth never struck me as a drama queen. More like someone with an identity crisis and not knowing his true past crisis which were never much of an issue up until Nibelhiem. Despite these, he's still serious to boot.

Genesis on the other hand, as much as I like him, is more of the drama queen since he takes LOVELESS far too seriously and thinks that Sephiroth has taken his spotlight of being the 'hero'.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Sephiroth never struck me as a drama queen.

Are you sure?

- "......After a long sleep...
...the time......
...time has...... come...
...the time...... is now..."

- "All the spirit energy of this Planet. All its wisdom... knowledge...
I will meld with it all. I will become one with it... it will become one with me.
The way...... lies here.
Only death awaits you all. But do not fear.
For it is through death that a new spirit energy is born. Soon, you will live again as a part of me."

- "By merging with all the energy of the Planet, I will become a new life form, a new existence.
Melding with the Planet... I will cease to exist as I am now...
Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every soul."

- "Do not worry. Soon the girl will become part of the Planet's energy.
All that is left is to go North. The 'Promised Land' waits for me over snowy fields.
There, I will become a new being by uniting with the planet. As will this girl......"

- "I've thought of a wonderful present for you. Shall I give you despair?"

- "On your knees. I want you to beg for forgiveness."

- "Is this the pain you felt before, Cloud? Let me remind you. This time, you won’t forget."

- Amidst a number of the above quotes, he also gestures theatrically with his hands or sword

Genesis was the Original Drama Queen™, I'll agree, but Sephiroth definitely took up the job after popping his cork.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
j9QEN3v.png

7nlCGiH.png

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I’m noticing the blugoo and the deenglow for the first time! ?? these enemies look so dang good.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Are you sure?

- "......After a long sleep...
...the time......
...time has...... come...
...the time...... is now..."

- "All the spirit energy of this Planet. All its wisdom... knowledge...
I will meld with it all. I will become one with it... it will become one with me.
The way...... lies here.
Only death awaits you all. But do not fear.
For it is through death that a new spirit energy is born. Soon, you will live again as a part of me."

- "By merging with all the energy of the Planet, I will become a new life form, a new existence.
Melding with the Planet... I will cease to exist as I am now...
Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every soul."

- "Do not worry. Soon the girl will become part of the Planet's energy.
All that is left is to go North. The 'Promised Land' waits for me over snowy fields.
There, I will become a new being by uniting with the planet. As will this girl......"

- "I've thought of a wonderful present for you. Shall I give you despair?"

- "On your knees. I want you to beg for forgiveness."

- "Is this the pain you felt before, Cloud? Let me remind you. This time, you won’t forget."

- Amidst a number of the above quotes, he also gestures theatrically with his hands or sword

Genesis was the Original Drama Queen™, I'll agree, but Sephiroth definitely took up the job after popping his cork.

I'm not saying Sephiroth isn't crazy and I know that he has gone insane beyond reason, but at least he doesn't quote everything from LOVELESS or take the said thing seriously. Genesis quotes every single line randomly constantly. Sephiroth says things that isn't based on something that isn't in-game fiction.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
That's a good point. But I just don't see Sephiroth as a drama queen despite all of things he said. I have always known that he's lost his mind entirely, yes, taunting and manipulative since coming to a false conclusion that a nasty alien is his mother, but most bad guys always talk about taking over the world, reshaping it and all that.

Besides, blame Hojo for screwing things up even before Sephiroth was even born because while Lucrecia is also the cause of the situation, at least she feels very guilty about it and not once the poor woman got the chance to see her son except in her nightmares that foretold the future events. Hojo on the other hand only loves science and nothing else.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Drama Queen Villains of Final Fantasy, ranked from highest to lowest.

Kuja > Bhunivelze > Seymour > Kefka > Ardyn > Sephiroth > Ultimecia > ExDeath > Caius > The Emperor > Zemus > Cloud of Darkness > Chaos

So Sephiroth is sorta in the middle. He's not spitting out theatre metaphors every sentence or hamming it up every chance he gets... But he has a cool yet expressive and powerful presence he uses when he's excited.

Of the cool and collected type villains... He's the most expressive.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Drama Queen Villains of Final Fantasy, ranked from highest to lowest.

Kuja > Bhunivelze > Seymour > Kefka > Ardyn > Sephiroth > Ultimecia > ExDeath > Caius > The Emperor > Zemus > Cloud of Darkness > Chaos

So Sephiroth is sorta in the middle. He's not spitting out theatre metaphors every sentence or hamming it up every chance he gets... But he has a cool yet expressive and powerful presence he uses when he's excited.

Of the cool and collected type villains... He's the most expressive.
Sephiroth is the very definition of Cold Ham

Also:

I'm dying, because it's like these people have never heard of the concept of bras and how they're supposed to work, or the concept of breast size

or have never seen the OG and Dissidia artwork of Tifa, cause she's never been drawn as curvy or has thick thighs (as someone has pointed out on twitter too.)

Top Bottom