English voice acting

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=444.msg13717#msg13717 date=1233603168]I call bullshit, he looks very little like the Joker from the film, and way too much like the one in the comics now, mostly because they deformed his face so much.

I call bullshit on anyone who says he looks like the Joker because of the films.
[/quote]

I didn't mean that Kefka looked like the film Joker, I just mean the film made the Joker much more popular, so comparisons between him and Kefka are more likely.

Camus

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I think Simon Templeman would be a good choice for Mateus. He did the voice for Kain from the LoK games and has a very distinctive voice that is excellent for a proud arrogant person who thinks they should rule everything making him a good choice for the Emperor.

Aside from that I don't much like the idea of big recognisable names doing the voices, if its someone you recognise then it sort of blurs your opinion of the character by making you think of the actor and there isno actor that would perfectly match each character.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=444.msg15702#msg15702 date=1234109854]
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=444.msg13717#msg13717 date=1233603168]I call bullshit, he looks very little like the Joker from the film, and way too much like the one in the comics now, mostly because they deformed his face so much.

I call bullshit on anyone who says he looks like the Joker because of the films.
[/quote]

I didn't mean that Kefka looked like the film Joker, I just mean the film made the Joker much more popular, so comparisons between him and Kefka are more likely.
[/quote]

Oh, ok. But still a lot of those fans TDK aren't familar with the definitive versions of the Joker.

*Shrugs*

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Like how he commits crimes so hard, it's impossible to determine how the hell he planned it or some shit. And he doesn't even use Joker Venom in TDK, though it's been explored in the Novel version as a rip off of the fear gas Scarecrow uses.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
WTF are you talking about? Joker Toxin has jack to with the fear gas.

He had it long before scarecrow even existed man.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Actually, that is something out of the Dark Knight novelization rather than from the comics as far as I'm aware...

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=444.msg15807#msg15807 date=1234133066]
WTF are you talking about? Joker Toxin has jack to with the fear gas.

He had it long before scarecrow even existed man.
[/quote]

I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE GODDAMNED NOVEL OF THE FILM. NOT THE DAMNED COMIC SERIES! I have enough common sense to know Joker toxin came first before Fear toxin! I read the debut of Joker damn it!

Edit: lawl, I used comics instead of novel. Damn it

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
[quote author=Camus link=topic=444.msg15751#msg15751 date=1234116995]
I think Simon Templeman would be a good choice for Mateus. He did the voice for Kain from the LoK games and has a very distinctive voice that is excellent for a proud arrogant person who thinks they should rule everything making him a good choice for the Emperor.

Aside from that I don't much like the idea of big recognisable names doing the voices, if its someone you recognise then it sort of blurs your opinion of the character by making you think of the actor and there isno actor that would perfectly match each character.
[/quote]

Simon Templeman is a legend.

I wonder if they'll cast a girl for Zidane, like the Japanese version. WTFSquare.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I really hope Vic Mignogna will voice Zidane. His voice would be perfect, at least to me. I've always imagined Zidane having Ed's voice.

Simon Templeman is a good choice, but for some reason I hear Mateus having a voice like Vayne Solidor's. Elija Alexander might be a good choice for him too.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I never minded George Newbern doing the English VA for the sane Sephiroth. It's cold and proud, but also human. But he's no good as the wacky Sephiroth, which the Japanese VA did a great job as (just the right amount of power and insanity).

SOLDIERis1337

Pro Adventurer
I also loved Newbern as Sephiroth. He was pretty good as Sephiroth in AC, but in Crisis Core he was fantastic.

What are everyone's thought's on Squall's VA, would you rather have his KH I, KH II, or an entirely new VA for him?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
KH I, not that Doug fag. He drawls too much. "Eeeeeeezzzyyy.... ya waaaannnnaaa breeeeaaaakkk iiitt?" "ttthhhhaaaaaattttsssss rrrrriiight. I rrrreeemember now....". what a fag. Boreanaz did an epic voice job for Squall.

Golbez needs Clancy Brown. CLANCY BROWN YO.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't. George Newbern is an awful Sephiroth and there hasn't been anything to convince me otherwise so far.

SOLDIERis1337

Pro Adventurer
He did an exponentially better job than the Japanese VA or Lance Bass. Play Crisis Core until you like him, as there is no better Sephiroth.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Sephiroth's Japanese VA is the definitive version as far as I'm concerned. Newbern's is poor and serviceable at best. He was an awful choice.

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
Not trying to praise him or anything, but I don't think Lance Bass had enough lines to really judge his voice acting. *Shrug.*

George Newbern... Eh, he's okay. Doesn't make me cringe. But I have a feeling we're stuck with him.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I definitely agree that the Japanse VA of Sephiroth beats out any other verison easily. He just sounds downright vicious. But I don't think Newbern was too bad either.

Lance Bass? Ew, just ew.

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
Has anyone played the English version of Musashi: Samurai Legend? That game drastically lowered my standards for voice acting. *Shudders.*

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
[quote author=SOLDIERis1337 link=topic=444.msg16613#msg16613 date=1234292236]
I also loved Newbern as Sephiroth. He was pretty good as Sephiroth in AC, but in Crisis Core he was fantastic.

What are everyone's thought's on Squall's VA, would you rather have his KH I, KH II, or an entirely new VA for him?
[/quote]

David Boreanaz is an insanely good choice for Squall, but I think he would've been better if he delivered his lines more like so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qmtk5MP_r0#noexternalembed

Very blunt, uncaring and nonchalant :monster:

Top Bottom