EVE Online

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Annnd Rubicon's out, :monster:. Guess what we're doing?

mlGOJfy.jpg

The new items are only just starting to trickle in onto the market, I expect them to drop to normal prices within a week or so. I wanna new ship, baww. The deployables look particularly neat; do a mission, drop one of those salvaging things, move on to the next, pick them all up and salvage the wrecks a while later. Of course, it's pretty probable that people will go and scan them down / steal their contents.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I like the new mastery system. I trained a few skills I'd never heard of and now my ship is cap stable. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
lol, welcome back Joe :monster:. The three of us should try playing together sometime, for kicks.

I built a couple of those new Astero exploration ships, they're pretty neat. Also, I can warp while cloaked now. Great justice :monster:.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
On a new alt and learning how to be an explorer. Times are fun. Yop what's your character name again?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Fietspomp, still, :monster:. Exploration's okay. I heard it can be very profitable in nullsec (billions), but dangerous. Highsec seems to be very highly farmed though, I had a roam in said Astero the other day and found no data/relic sites at all.

I'd like to be able to do the new Ghost sites, but... they're difficult and risky, supposedly, even if you manage to find them :monster:. We came across two during a fleet through null though.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I have somebody prepared to coach me through exploration in null sec so I'm pretty excited about that. It'll be my first extended period of time in null sec. He personally makes half a billion a day and his playtime is much lower than some of the explorers in null sec.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm inclined to believe it's mostly about how much time you invest in it. I should find myself a nice quiet slice of nullsec to fuck about in. I'm currently hanging out with the nullsec people of e-uni, they're kinda restricted in which parts of nullsec they are allowed to be, unfortunately. We'll see.

I would like infinite money to spend on ships to lose in group pvp though. The other day there was a rather large battle forming, a lot of battleships. We got pwned rather badly though. I lost my ship after just a few seconds, thanks to the warp speed changes and warping in at least ten seconds ahead of the battleships, :wacky:. Kinda hard to see what was going on and shit, too. Oh well.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
So liek, on the final day of the eve advent calendar I got a Leopard, a 20 AU/s shuttle. With the new warp speed changes, it's impossibly fast, :awesome:. Or well, it is once it's in warp. It's rather flimsy though (it being a shuttle), and the contracts so far list them at at least 50 million isk.

Still, I'm sure we'll be seeing those a lot if someone ever organizes a space race again, :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
So liek, around this time last year there was the biggest battle in Eve history, and this year it seems they're going to compete. Yesterday, a nullsec alliance's bills failed to pay (for whatever reason), causing a major staging system to become neutral and claimable. Hillarity ensued. Many titans were lost (27 or so on one side, 40 on the other). IDK what's going on right now, with the Rubicon 1.1 update being deployed, but, here's a picture anyway.

edit: and another

edit: and another. Look, I found the red fleet!

edit: lulz, CCP starts a PLEX sale right away, with a familiar scene. Of course, the victims are blaming CCP, saying it's a bug; them starting a plex sale isn't helping in that respect. It could just be a plot by CCP to get some assets out of the game. Titans cost about 100B ISK each, or about... 150+ plex? idk. Or $2000 in real-world monies, apiece. 70 Titans were lost, so, go figure. 7 trillion isk worth of ships out of the game, for now. New Titans take two months to build, btw.

Edit: lulz, Fox changes AP headline ("An Unpaid Bill Leads to Game Battle Worth $200.000") to "Unpaid Bill Costs Gamer $200,000 In EVE Online". :wacky:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
IKR. I wish I was space-rich and had infinite time, energy and e-social skills, then I could be a boss in a giant ship too. That takes a lot of time and effort though. Mostly time, actually.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
neeeerdgasm

They've upped the ante for trailers / CGI things. The base concepts in this trailer - player-built stargates, Eve Valkyrie, and Project Legion (Dust 512 or whatever's development team is moving to a project to build a similar game for PC) all in one trailer. And lots of ships and explosions.

And a cameo of the new warp-in animation, :awesome:.

Yesterday there was a keynote with the less exciting facts and such. Writeup on themittani and reddit and probably moar. TL;DR of the keynote:

* 10 smaller updates / year instead of two big ones
* Industry overhaul coming in the summer expansion (codename Kronos)
* T2 mining frigate, covert ops cloak etc
* New (old?) pirate faction, Mordu's Legion
* Moa and Typhoon get a redesign. (today) probably the Dominix too, although I can't see much of a difference myself.
* New station models / skins, colored by faction (Quafe colors, yay)
* New warp-in effects, similar to sonic booms (see trailer)
* Mouse-over contextual information
* Future plans: More ship customization (they have had a trial where 'custom' skin special edition ships were injected into the game, most of them acquirable via Aurum / in-game purchases), upcoming overhauls are POSes and the like, then corporations / alliances, then sovereignty etc, and after that, player-built / owned stargates and new bits of space.

The new bits of space looks like it'll take... at least another year. I wonder what it'll be like; I just hope it won't just be nullsec 2.0 myself. Or maybe I do. I've been thinking, lately eve has been kinda boring, maybe I should go to another corp and dive into sovnull and shit like that. Myeh.

edit: also, further on in this article and/or today, stuff was laid out to closer integrate Eve / Dust/Legion and Valkyrie, i.e. with shared accounts / identities. Valid. I hope all of them are released for PC, and all of them effect all of them. If only a shared wallet, i.e. make space monies by shooting people on the ground. Hints at major server-side architecture revamps, or just an alternative way to deal with load on the main eve online server cluster.

Re: Legion / Dust 512, apparently it cause quite an uproar amongst the regular players of Dust, up to death threats towards the developers (and I'm hoping CCP reports that dude and others to the authorities; they should have contact information etc after all). It was attempted to be presented as a new project, but that's a thin shell around CCP basically going "Okay Dust failed, abandoning ship / moving on".

edit: Fuckton of concept artwork. Also includes stuff about possible future ship customization UI, i.e. design your own ship etc.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
lols, yeah that's what I meant :wacky:. In retrospect, they shouldn't have spent the fuckton of development time and money they did on the character creator and stations and the like (even though those ended up pretty good). Maybe they'll continue that later on, once they have Legion and Valkyrie up and running and running profitably.

Also, slice from the trailer: IT'S HOT DROP 'O CLOCK. Not at all representative of actual gameplay (going out of warp is a long, slow deceleration, and that Avatar would need a fuckton of gear to be instalocking like that, :monster: ), but still. Distances are off too, usually in the game you can't actually see the other ships because they're at least 10K away, :wacky:. Wouldn't mind ships being closer together visually though.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Edit: Oh sweet, Legion 'B-roll' footage, looks like in-game footage or concepts. Looks sexy.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
also

Looks pretty neat. Although not ground-breaking, to be honest. Oculus Rift support (if it's ever released) is its main USP; besides that, it'd only really sell / be played much if it had proper integration with eve online and a good lot of content. And active development, off course. I'd rather not have it be riddled with in-game purchases.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
"Kronos" changelog; note that I'm not sure if the update will actually be called Kronos or whether it's the code name for now. Also note they're postponing the major industry overhauls for the next release. Given they've changed the release schedule to ten times a year instead of two, it'll probably appear six weeks or so after Kronos.

TL;DR:

Boats:
* T2 / covops mining frigate
* Mordu's Legion pirate faction ships (frigate, cruiser, battleship), main perks are missile range and speed, and warp scram range.
* Pirate faction ship rebalancing
* Mining barges rebalancing
* Deep Space / Blockade Runner rebalancing
* Drone rebalancing

Visuals:
* Faction-themed / colored stations
* Moar sound customization options
* Moa and Condor redesigns
* Freighter rigging
* Warp in / out visual effects
* New solar flare graphics
* NEX store gets renamed to New Eden store; possible ship skinning, devblog upcoming
* Small UI shit
* New tooltips, tooltip design; although those have already been rolled out. Gives players info on what ship class a ship is without having to do show info and trying to decipher it from there.

Others:
* Mordu's Legion appears in lowsec in their shiny new ships, with valuable lootz
* Wormholes will appear more often in lowsec, linking directly to other low/null areas
* FW AI improved, cloaking disabled in FW complexes

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
And six weeks later (spot-on with the new release cycle) they released Cirus today, with the new industry UI and mechanics. I wonder how many people are going to be how pissed off (basically, having a high ML on blueprints no longer means shit because they set a max. Of course, adding ML to a blueprint wasn't really paying off anyway, but that's another discussion), and what the market effects will be - in all likelihood, mineral prices will go up and ship/module prices down with the people trying new stuff. For a short while anyway. ATM mineral prices are actually a bit lower, might be that people were just stocking up or something (since reprocessing was also changed)

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I've haven't been on Eve for a while, how are things?

Also If I'm online for about an hour whats a good way to make some quick cash? :huh:
(I'm looking to ease myself back into Eve again).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Pretty good; lately I've been doing highsec carebearing in an area called Solitude, it's a high sec pocket (you need to go through null to get there). Since e-uni has been wardecced since early this year, I haven't been able to get my shiny ships out.

Also, the latest release is pretty neat, the new industry window is quite accessible and I'm churning out some stuff myself <3. Not likely to be profitable though, there's low margins on T1 stuff and that's before managing to sell it.

As for quick cash in about an hour... I guess that would be enough to find a highsec combat site and run it - I've found items worth 90 - 110 million in sites that can be done in 20 minutes. Depending on ships and skill and such, of course, but I'm sure a properly fit cruiser could do them.

More reliable income would be missioning or, *shudder*, mining, but only do that last one if you hate fun.

Alternatively, buy PLEX, get into cheap ships and find pew. I'm still postponing doing pvp because carebear, :wacky:

Top Bottom