mentaz

bubbles
animsmile.gif

To infinity, and beyond....

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Cloud looks like he's riding something, or someone.

That said, I'm sensing some serious overanalyzing taking place around here.

Nah. I think I forgot to mention that I don't think Cloud was smiling at only Tifa. He was smiling at the whole AVALANCHE thing. That, and he was smirking sexily like that time Highwind left him and Kadaj to "swordfight" :awesome:

I animated it because I couldn't see it in the screens. Decided to share :awesome:

It's the panties in your avatar.

It's Cloud's panties though...

I saw it when I watched ACC in slow motion.:joy:

I watch Tifa's fight in slow motion. :awesome:

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I never really noticed the smile. I lean towards the notion that his smile is about the whole party giving Cloud a helping hand and reinforcing the fact that he's not alone.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I never really noticed the smile. I lean towards the notion that his smile is about the whole party giving Cloud a helping hand and reinforcing the fact that he's not alone.

I'd disagree. He has his ass-kickin' face on the entire time, until he sees Tifa, then it's a shared moment, brief smile, lingering eye contact and hand holding and then off to save Edge...

also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skryKRi3XC8
:awesome:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
....oh god. that animation is just so wrong
There are parts of Cloud I don't wish to see. That's why I'm happy with the current highwind scene

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
I don't really think it looks like he's smiling here. :/

I still don't think it's really a smile. :/

It's a small smirk, akshully. :awesome: Like that one from his Kadaj fight, except smaller.

cba to get screens. :monster:

Vendel

Banned
Nope. It still won't be there.

I will clearly show he goes from no expression to a slight smile.

Here we have the first flat expression.
CSFT1.jpg

No curve to the mouth.

Now here we have slight curve.
CSFT2.jpg

Notice the lines.

Now here we see the edge of his mouth has twisted noticeably upwards
CSFT3.jpg

It is a very slight smile. But it is there. And it's just for Tifa.

Last edited:

paoo

♥
He looks all serious to everyone else, but when he sees Tifa he makes a grin, who is similar to a smile :awesome:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
His grin in the Kadaj fight is obvious. The one where he's flying up in the air is not.
That's why I said it's smaller than the one from Kadaj's fight. :awesome:

It still seems like a stretch to me. :monster:

Why are you so against it? :awesome: It's not as if we're making it rapid Cloti proofz or anything. :awesome: We just wanted to point out the slight smile that was actually there.

And besides, why do you think SE had to make that shot a close-up one? It's to show their expressions. In movies and cinematic sequences, we see this used all the time (in ACC too). They could have just gotten Cloud flying through the air from a far away angle (which they did, by the way, but still made a close-up), but they show us a few second close-up of his face where the only slight change we can see is that smile. :awesome:

No one's stretching anything. It's just an observation. Well, to me it is. IDK about these rapid Clotis. :monster:

Last edited:

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
@Raquelborn: well, I saw the screen too, what I'm saying is that I'm not convinced that this is not some sort of light effect. :) It could be both, honestly.

Well if you look at his tear duct you can see they've added a water effect to the object in the corner of his eye, that isn't coincidence. Water is actually one of the harder things to animate and look convincing in CGI so they wouldn't of put it in randomly. What's more, unless it's water in the corner of his eye then there's nothing to reflect the light, flesh wouldn't relect light like that.
It still seems like a stretch to me. :monster:

I didn't know what the hell people were talking about either until I watched my own copy of the movie in slow motion. Honestly it's there, I was actually really taken back I hadn't noticed it before. You just have to keep your eyes peeled and you'll spot it.

I watch Tifa's fight in slow motion. :awesome:

Tifa: MOOOOOOO
Loz: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Tifa: *hufff*
Loz: *snort* MOOOO

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
Last edited:
Top Bottom