Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Re: Faith v. 3.0

CecilxRosa/LockexCeles has to be my next favorite FF pairing next to Cloti. <3 Cecil and Rosa have the whole childhood thing, and also disprove that 'opposites attract'. They aren't completely similar, but Rosa isn't an exact opposite either. Neither was Celes to Locke. In fact, the only exact opposites I can think of are Rinoa and Squall. I'm tired of RinoaxSeiferxSquall being compared to AerithxZackxCloud/AerithxTifaxCloud btw. They don't match up one bit.

Other pairings that come to mind when comparing to Cloti:
-VaanxPenelo
-SoraxKairi
-SariaxLink/ZeldaxLink (Especially the, "C'mon promise me!" that comes from Zelda in the beginning half of OOT)
-MerylxVash (From Trigun. Because they had that cute starlit night scene.)
-You know, the FFVII LTD reminds me of the Tenchi Muyo LTD. Ryoko Vs Ayeka. When that series was big, I got into arguments all the time. AyekaxTenchi fans ignored the facts, and moreover, ignored that they were related. O.o Aerith=Mother x Cloud Ayeka=Sister/Cousin x Tenchi. Not only that, but Ayeka also had her past love Yosho, and Tenchi reminded her of him. Kind of like when Aerith saw the Zack in Cloud. Now I'm really starting to over-analyze. 8D

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=null link=topic=131.msg5483#msg5483 date=1231004057]
There may be a kernel of truth there. You should ask her about that sometime. :monster: [/quote]

It's on my to do list.

Shallow: LOL yeah.He's a gentleman womanizer, she's his favorite double-crossing fuck buddy.Shallow doesn't do justice to the ultimate open relationship, but theirs is too complicated to describe.

Ain't that the truth.

I've never seen the pilot, but I thought it was a feature-length film?

That was the pilot that got the series approved. The one I speak of is the first one made.

LOL. Those were more along the lines of "You rock for saving the kingdom! We'll take that omnipotent TriForce off your hands now, but as a consolation prize, here's a kiss on the cheek." Except Zelda II which involves full-frontal nudity (why else would they need a curtain?)

Well, like I said, those are the only ones with even a hint of it.

Actually, Z's creators have stated that since Link has only recently been depicted as an adult, his romantic inclinations haven't been explored, though they might in the future. They're obviously stalling for time to figure out how to avoid massive inbreeding between their ancestral lines.

Oh, that's simple, don't have the Link's descend from each other...

Cloti exercise: what other video game couple do Cloud and Tifa remind you guys of? Cecil/Rosa comes to mind, but there have to be some outside the FF series.

Oh, definitely the Allen side of the Allen/Shion in Xsaga and Fei/Elly in Xgears.

[quote author=Cloti link=topic=131.msg5546#msg5546 date=1231024768]
yeah Cecil and Rosa are very similar,besides them a couple that has always reminded me of Cloud and Tifa is Peter Parker and Mary Jane.
Childhood friends,troubled love,insecure shy guy, popular pretty girl,almost clones.Heck there's even a dead ex-girlfriend present(Gwen Stacy)
[/quote]
Though the childhood friend thing was a backfit to the character. The new 'Mary Jane loves Spider Man' comic is even more so.

[quote author=CelesChere link=topic=131.msg5551#msg5551 date=1231026180]
CecilxRosa/LockexCeles has to be my next favorite FF pairing next to Cloti. <3 Cecil and Rosa have the whole childhood thing, and also disprove that 'opposites attract'. They aren't completely similar, but Rosa isn't an exact opposite either. Neither was Celes to Locke. In fact, the only exact opposites I can think of are Rinoa and Squall. I'm tired of RinoaxSeiferxSquall being compared to AerithxZackxCloud/AerithxTifaxCloud btw. They don't match up one bit.[/quote]

Especially hen you realize that Squall and Seifer would be Tifa and Aerith.

Other pairings that come to mind when comparing to Cloti:
-VaanxPenelo
-SoraxKairi
-SariaxLink/ZeldaxLink (Especially the, "C'mon promise me!" that comes from Zelda in the beginning half of OOT)

Oh, the OOT one, I can't really see. In the timeline where the promise happened, Link vanished, in the one where it didn't, he kipped off to do SOMETHING and wound up being a ghostly wolf after fathering at least one child to ensure TP Link's existence.
-MerylxVash (From Trigun. Because they had that cute starlit night scene.)
-You know, the FFVII LTD reminds me of the Tenchi Muyo LTD. Ryoko Vs Ayeka. When that series was big, I got into arguments all the time. AyekaxTenchi fans ignored the facts, and moreover, ignored that they were related. O.o Aerith=Mother x Cloud Ayeka=Sister/Cousin x Tenchi. Not only that, but Ayeka also had her past love Yosho, and Tenchi reminded her of him. Kind of like when Aerith saw the Zack in Cloud. Now I'm really starting to over-analyze. 8D

It gets worse. Remember, Yosho is Tenchi's grandpa, and Ayeka's Half Brother. The Juraian royal family is all sorts of fucked up.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Wait a minute, is the Link depicted in every Zelda game a different Link each time? o_O?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

It gets worse. Remember, Yosho is Tenchi's grandpa, and Ayeka's Half Brother. The Juraian royal family is all sorts of fucked up.

Yes... that always disturbed me. Grandfather though... Hey, that reminds me of that TsengxAerith comment. 8D

Oh, the OOT one, I can't really see. In the timeline where the promise happened, Link vanished, in the one where it didn't, he kipped off to do SOMETHING and wound up being a ghostly wolf after fathering at least one child to ensure TP Link's existence.

LinkxMidna, then. Er, I can't relate it to Cloti, but it's hawt. (Oh wait, I can then. =D)

Cloti

Rookie Adventurer

I also support KenshixRyoko! what was canon in that show anyway,I remember to have watched it ages ago,what I do remember was that Ryoko cried when she saw Tenshi kissing a girl I disliked,and in that moment Ryoko reminded me of Tifa

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=131.msg5577#msg5577 date=1231029581]
Wait a minute, is the Link depicted in every Zelda game a different Link each time? o_O?
[/quote]

Not every. Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass share a Link, as do OoT and Majora, Four Swords and FSA (as much as the former had a plot), and the Oracle games. Link's Awakening is also a Link from another game, though which is not completely certain.

[quote author=CelesChere link=topic=131.msg5588#msg5588 date=1231030479]
Yes... that always disturbed me. Grandfather though... Hey, that reminds me of that TsengxAerith comment. 8D[/quote]

Of course, then there's Tenchi's arranged fiancee, who is, by virtue of adoption, technically his great great aunt (And is essentially the prime universe version of Kiyone, though the person named Kiyone in the prime universe is actually Tenchi's mother.
Tenchi also has an 88 year old big sister. Screwy, no?

LinkxMidna, then. Er, I can't relate it to Cloti, but it's hawt. (Oh wait, I can then. =D)

The only really remotely official Link Pairing thus far is him and hometown honey from TP.

[quote author=Cloti link=topic=131.msg5595#msg5595 date=1231031495]
I also support KenshixRyoko! what was canon in that show anyway,I remember to have watched it ages ago,what I do remember was that Ryoko cried when she saw Tenshi kissing a girl I disliked,and in that moment Ryoko reminded me of Tifa
[/quote]

The official Tenchi pairing is a horty chuckle. The love triangle was a means to an end in Techi,not the point of the series.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=131.msg5603#msg5603 date=1231031807]
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=131.msg5577#msg5577 date=1231029581]
[/quote]

Not every. Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass share a Link, as do OoT and Majora, Four Swords and FSA (as much as the former had a plot), and the Oracle games. Link's Awakening is also a Link from another game, though which is not completely certain.[/quote]

That still seems pretty messed up to me. And here I always thought all they did was recycle characters for a new story every time. :-\

Is there a reason why people can't name their children different names? How many Links and Zelda's will there be?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=131.msg5638#msg5638 date=1231036172]
That still seems pretty messed up to me. And here I always thought all they did was recycle characters for a new story every time. :-\

Is there a reason why people can't name their children different names? How many Links and Zelda's will there be?
[/quote]

It is Hylian tradition that the first female born of the royal family will always be named Zelda. As for 'Link', outside of naming your kids after the hero of time, especially when he is of your own lineage, I have no clue.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Okay okay, I guess when you put it like that it doesn't sown so weird. But I'm still thrown through a loop. :P

besides them a couple that has always reminded me of Cloud and Tifa is Peter Parker and Mary Jane.
Childhood friends,troubled love,insecure shy guy, popular pretty girl,almost clones.Heck there's even a dead ex-girlfriend present(Gwen Stacy)

Ewwwww... PeterxMary-Jane. At least you didn't ignore Gwen Stacy like most people do.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

But I thought that in the canon of the comics Peter and Mary Jane did not know each other as children? :/

She didn't live next door to Peter, but her Aunt or something did. From what I remember, (it's been a while since I was a huge Spiderman fan), they just knew each other.

Peter meets Gwen in college, they fall in love, and it's only after she dies that Mary-Jane and Peter start to feel anything for each other.

Now there an LTD I stay away from. Who Peter's true love is. I'm smarter than the Clerii and prefer to just love PeterxGwen for what it is (which is a lot more than Clerii) even though Peter and Mary-Jane are together now. *angryface*

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

Tenshi had romance? I only saw a few episodes of it, but Tenchi had like a billion hot girls around him all the time and never made a move :monster:

I'll just throw in Dart/Shana from The Legend of Dragoon as a similarity... just because. Even though they annoyed me greatly.

and Brangelina, of course.

edit: Oh and Gwen>>MJ cuz srsly, popular girls are so overrated :monster:
Though neither couple bothers me

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=Balthea link=topic=131.msg5689#msg5689 date=1231044128]
She didn't live next door to Peter, but her Aunt or something did. From what I remember, (it's been a while since I was a huge Spiderman fan), they just knew each other.[/quote]

Though according to the backfit, there was some unresolved puberty in there somewhere, though the exact details escape me, and it's all part of the backfit anyways.

Peter meets Gwen in college, they fall in love, and it's only after she dies that Mary-Jane and Peter start to feel anything for each other.

Actually, P and MJ do some vague dating before she dies, same with the brunette whose name escapes me, but yes, they did not get serious until Gwen bit the big one.

Now there an LTD I stay away from. Who Peter's true love is. I'm smarter than the Clerii and prefer to just love PeterxGwen for what it is (which is a lot more than Clerii) even though Peter and Mary-Jane are together now. *angryface*
[/quote]

I'd point out that as of One More Day, that technically never happened anymore, but One More Day was FUCKING RETARDED and should be re-retted ASAP.

[quote author=looneymoon link=topic=131.msg5694#msg5694 date=1231044608]
Tenshi had romance? I only saw a few episodes of it, but Tenchi had like a billion hot girls around him all the time and never made a move :monster:[/quote]

That's what he WANTS you to think.

edit: Oh and Gwen>>MJ cuz srsly, popular girls are so overrated :monster:
Though neither couple bothers me

Point of Order: Gwen was the popular girl, and of Pete's three romantic options at the time, considered the most likely to be the one he would pick, though that all ended when he accidentally snapped her spine. Natch.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

I do remember was that Ryoko cried when she saw Tenshi kissing a girl I disliked,and in that moment Ryoko reminded me of Tifa

That's because Tenchi In Tokyo was created to piss you off. Especially if you're a fan of Ryoko. Anyway, I believe the girl you're thinking of is Sakuya, and I didn't like her either.
To think, someone was more irritating than Ayeka. :monster:

Washu is the best character anyways. ;)
Oh, and reminded you of Tifa, how? :O

Cloti

Rookie Adventurer

because I think that would be her reaction if she ever sees Cloud with another girl(of course we know that will never happen)
yeah Sakuya was her name! I hated her.
why the hate for Mary Jane? I love her.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

I can't jump on the Tenchi comments because I never saw (read?) much of it. I do remember seeing a few of the anime, and liked it; sadly, I don't know which ones and also what happened to it (Cartoon Network!)

As for Zelda and Link, I've only played (never completed) the first game. Got to level five and then was deleted by my older brother. Grrr! Anyhow, so that's a loss, but I did like the game, and the story and I did like the cartoon that came from it. Sadly, I'm lost with the following games in the Legend of Zelda series. *shrugs* They look interesting though.

Couples that remind me of Cloud and Tifa, I think I can make some analogies on this one. Definitely FFXII's Vaan and Penelo come to mind; both couples seem to share that 'friendship/family' sense of togetherness, not the 'sexual/mating' sense. I hope that made sense. ;D lol I've got to think on some others.

... Adam/He-Man and Teela come to mind, from Masters of the Universe.

Honestly, I don't think any of us know those people well enough as they actually are, and not what the media portrays, to compare them to fictional characters.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

I always saw the Brangelina comparison as a joke. The media portrays them that way, doesn't mean any of us actually believed it.

BTW anyone remember this?
clobran.jpg

Back when I was still a Photoshop n00b :monster:

Actually, I recall now that they were used as a real world example of a woman feeling like her husband is a "big kid". She said it in an interview or something, and so it made them actually Cloti. :monster:

Cloti

Rookie Adventurer

and the fact that they adopt children and are really hot.
And Jennifer Aniston looks like Aerith :monster:

[quote author=Cloti link=topic=131.msg6210#msg6210 date=1231215784]
and the fact that they adopt children and are really hot.
And Jennifer Aniston looks like Aerith :monster:
[/quote]

Brad Pitt = meh
Angelina = Ewwwwww
Jennifer = totally not Aerith

Top Bottom