AKA
Rishi
Re: Faith v. 3.0

[quote author=Balthea link=topic=131.msg6213#msg6213 date=1231218175]
Brad Pitt = meh
Angelina = Ewwwwww
Jennifer = totally not Aerith
[/quote]

I dunno, I think Brad's been in some pretty decent movies so he stays ok in my books.
As for the other two, agreed.

Thinking of Gundam Wing the other day, I was thinking that maybe Trowa/Catherine are a little like Cloud and Tifa, except Trowa and Cathy are brother and sis. In fact, Duo/Hilde would probably Zack/Aeris, just for the sake of it :P

Trowa and Quatre are also an item anyways, at least that's what the internet has told me about the original Japanese anime.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

If you trust the internet, every two males who spend the minimal amount of time together are an item.

Or maybe they really are, I only saw a bit of GW :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Having watched the original Gundam wing, no, Trowa and Quatre are not an item. Quatre might want it, but Trowa is assexual. And according to the internet, two people who never met are having a hot and steamy affair off camera.

I'm not sure I'd go with a Zack/ Duo comparison. Duo's more like Zidane, though it is a reasonably fair comparison. I'd say Cloud is a lot like Zechs (which ironically make Hiro the Sephy analogue, which I think works), in that he's a bit of an unexpected hero, has an identity issue, a bit of a face heel/ heel face swap, and he comes out of a slump in the sequel to kick some serious keister.
Granted, that's in attempting to back fit Cloud to a GW character, elsewise I probably wouldn't bother.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

Zechs is probably more like Cloud, but looks like Sephy. Though, I don't really see Cloud fitting as any of the GW pilots.

and boo, I loved Cathy sniff D: Then again, I tend to like everybody. :monster:

[quote author=Balthea link=topic=131.msg6278#msg6278 date=1231250629]
Trowa and Quatre are also an item anyways, at least that's what the internet has told me about the original Japanese anime.
[/quote]

The internet dictates that all (male) Gundam Wing characters are involved inc one giant (gay) orgy. Doesn't matter if they never even met through the series, they are definitely fucking :monster:

fainessae

sleepy

That's blasphemy, OWD. XD Rufus could never be Treize. XD Treize is the best thing from GW...

Personally, I don't see any real parallels between GW and FF7... FF7's characters are just far superior, as much as I have a soft spot for GW. XD Although the Zechs/Noin dynamic does work slightly for CloTi.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Speaking as the resident expert in all things gundam- seriously, there's less than a 2% chance you've watched more than me-
Cloud is Garrod Ran from Gundam X. If Tifa Adil was trained in martial arts, I think she'd be rather much like Tifa.

Squall is Camille. I must think further on the Gundam to FF character thing.

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=131.msg6311#msg6311 date=1231266925]
Having watched the original Gundam wing, no, Trowa and Quatre are not an item. Quatre might want it, but Trowa is assexual. And according to the internet, two people who never met are having a hot and steamy affair off camera.[/quote]
Oh thank god. I was told that years ago by fans and it made me cry at night. They said it was like other animes like Sailor Moon where the same-sex relationships were removed from the NA versions.

Treize is one of my favourite characters of all time. Though I do love Zechs as well. I even have a little plushie of him. :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Okay, the Gundam Wing stuff has steered way off paralleling Cloud and Tifa. Let's try to get back on subject now please.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=OneWingedDemon link=topic=131.msg6366#msg6366 date=1231281352]
Treize is made of awesome.

would that include the emo-fest that is SEED, Ruy?
[/quote]

Including Seed Astray, R, and X, which were superior to SEED and Destiny.

But yes, Domon and Rain are also quite a lot like Cloud and Tifa... heck, they've even got the 'you've been gone for so long' angle going on, the turned mentor, the toying with the love triangle in the form of Allenby (who is also the fallen best friend, though to a lesser degree), the standard heroic in Chibodee... Shit, G Gundam is extremely analogous to FF7, not just the couple.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda

Oh thank god. I was told that years ago by fans and it made me cry at night.

I've talked to a lot of fans who told me that as well. What the hell is up with that, anyway? :/

But really, I'm relieved. I just put GW on Netflix, and it's good that I'll get to avoid teh fruity pilots.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

A tangent that is related to the LTD, despite Duo living in sin with Hilde late in the series and in post series revisits, there are still people who insist he and Hiro are in fact an item, and that him living with Hilde means nothing, much like how they deny Cloud moving in, living and rasing kids with Tifa means nothing.

But then again, all logic, narrative convention, or even basic understanding of how humans think goes out the window for a ship.
It's why I try my damndest not to.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=131.msg6426#msg6426 date=1231305140]
A tangent that is related to the LTD, despite Duo living in sin with Hilde late in the series and in post series revisits, there are still people who insist he and Hiro are in fact an item, and that him living with Hilde means nothing, much like how they deny Cloud moving in, living and rasing kids with Tifa means nothing.

But then again, all logic, narrative convention, or even basic understanding of how humans think goes out the window for a ship.
It's why I try my damndest not to.
[/quote]

Not to mention... Heero straight up kisses Relena in one of the manga, from what I recall. So if Cloud/Tifa did share a kiss... what would FF7 fandom do? A part of me dreads the thought. This is actually making me wanna rewatch GW.

The way I interpret is that Heero makes Trowa laugh. Therefor, canonz. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=Balthea link=topic=131.msg6147#msg6147 date=1231198805]
Actually, I recall now that they were used as a real world example of a woman feeling like her husband is a "big kid". She said it in an interview or something, and so it made them actually Cloti. :monster:
[/quote]

Well yeah, the big kid comparison is was part of the joke. Or so I thought.

Am I the only one who saw it as a joke? :/

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=Leanan Sidhe link=topic=131.msg6421#msg6421 date=1231304486]
I've talked to a lot of fans who told me that as well. What the hell is up with that, anyway? :/

But really, I'm relieved. I just put GW on Netflix, and it's good that I'll get to avoid teh fruity pilots.
[/quote]
They're still fruity. Just not together.

GW was the first time I'd ever heard about fans and their mad desire to shove any two male characters together :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

This conversation reminds me of how I once saw a video on YouTube of fangirls asking the VA for Axel in KH about Axel's supposed relations with Roxas as if they were canon.

Even asked him to say, "Roxas, take your pants off," in Axel's voice, to which he replied by saying, "Roxas, put your pants on." XD

Do these girls not realize how uncomfortable they probably made him? XD

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda

That's terrible Tennyo! Aww, I feel so bad for that guy.

I haven't played KH2 yet, so I don't know what happened to make them think Axel and Roxas are "together", but it isn't true, right?

Man, people are crazy sometimes...

They're still fruity. Just not together.

Oh, yeah. You got that right. I remember watching some of the episodes on Toonami. Quatre always cracked me up, in particular. Maybe it was the voice. Or his full name. ^^

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=131.msg6615#msg6615 date=1231368404]...which he replied by saying, "Roxas, put your pants on." XD

Do these girls not realize how uncomfortable they probably made him? XD[/quote]

I would think they realize sophmoric humor and fan-oogling is all in the life of the traveling voice actor. :) It sounds as if he took it well, so I guess so. But, yeah... :P

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=131.msg6615#msg6615 date=1231368404]
This conversation reminds me of how I once saw a video on YouTube of fangirls asking the VA for Axel in KH about Axel's supposed relations with Roxas as if they were canon.

Even asked him to say, "Roxas, take your pants off," in Axel's voice, to which he replied by saying, "Roxas, put your pants on." XD

Do these girls not realize how uncomfortable they probably made him? XD
[/quote]

I hate to drag this back to GW, but there was an interview with Scott McNeil (Duo's VA) that was similar. Some fan asked him what he thought about 1x2, to which he replied "I think it's 2. I think it's math." Then, one of them showed him a drawing they did... "They don't call it YOWEE for nothing!" :monster:

I do think Axel/Roxas is kinda cute, but man... those crazy DeviantArt fangirls. Yikes.

The Brangelina thing I thought was a joke (sorry, I think it was me who brought it up:, though, this picture of Guillaume Canet and Marion Cotillard reminds me of CloTi alot (minus Guillaume's really bad hair in the picture).

guillaume_canet_reference.jpg

edit: ok, not really. it was more of an excuse to stay on topic/find pics of Guillaume

Maybe we'll find out Axel and Roxas are canonz in that game about them. :monster:

I wonder if SE ever did make a canon yaoi or yuri couple if the fans would bite. You know, it might backfire and they'll start shipping both of them straight because it's not about canon, but about making stuff up.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=Leanan Sidhe link=topic=131.msg6664#msg6664 date=1231382140]
That's terrible Tennyo! Aww, I feel so bad for that guy.

I haven't played KH2 yet, so I don't know what happened to make them think Axel and Roxas are "together", but it isn't true, right?

Man, people are crazy sometimes... [/quote]

My answer/opinion in is in the spoiler tag. You decide if you want to read it.

No, no, they are not together. They're just best friends. If anything, I'd say there are hints of Roxas/Namine that are far stronger than any hints of Axel/Roxas.

I mean yeah, they were really close and Axel seemed to be really upset but what was going on and such, but no yaoi that I can think of.

There is one line spoken by Axel near the end of the game that I could see how it could be taken that way, but I don't think it's really meant that way.

[quote author=Balthea link=topic=131.msg6690#msg6690 date=1231392990]
Maybe we'll find out Axel and Roxas are canonz in that game about them. :monster: [/quote]

Well, there is that third chick who is their friend that is thrown in.

I wonder if SE ever did make a canon yaoi or yuri couple if the fans would bite. You know, it might backfire and they'll start shipping both of them straight because it's not about canon, but about making stuff up.

XD That would actually be really amusing. :monster:

Top Bottom