Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

A

Great Old One
Re: Faith v. 3.0

And apparently, Aerith bobbing her head towards Cloud means her being Cloud's light, when Tifa physically gives him light.

Totally. :monster:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=131.msg13444#msg13444 date=1233535469]
"Tifa's light is white, but the one Cloud gets later is more yellow, so it can't be the same and must be Aerith."
[/quote]

Please say that's not for real!? ;D :P Grasping for straws, people.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

[quote author=Fighter link=topic=131.msg13443#msg13443 date=1233534931]
How about: "Tifa can't be his light because her scenes in AC are always dark and she wears black."

[/quote]

Of course! It's all about Aeris' pink ribbon, the light of a watchful lens flare...

A

Great Old One

Anyone hear about how because Tifa represents 'death,' she can't be his light because she wears black? Hehe....

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey

[quote author=Lily Ella link=topic=131.msg13438#msg13438 date=1233534090]
I came up up with that theory first. :P It was (mock) argument, when we first read the thing about her having a good balance of both light and darkness. I said that she's obviously much better for Cloud, because she's got a good balance... unlike Tifa, who has way too much light, and keeps on blinding him and hurting his eyes all the time.
[/quote]

Great. Now I'm getting confused between the ridiculous Cleris arguments we make up in jest and the ridiculous Cleris arguments that the Cleris actually use. :P

Still, for a mock argument, it really does sound like something the Cleris camp would say...

[quote author=butterflybookmark]when Tifa physically gives him light. [/quote]

Oh, please. Anyone with eyes can see that Tifa forced her light onto him. She said, "Take my light," but Cloud shook his head, soundly rejecting her. That pushy Tifa just wouldn't take 'no' for an answer.

A

Great Old One

Or maybe the light, "was too much for Cloud." That's why you can see him covering his eyes with his arm. Tsk. Pushy, pushy Tifa.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer

Great. Now I'm getting confused between the ridiculous Cleris arguments we make up in jest and the ridiculous Cleris arguments that the Cleris actually use.

Still, for a mock argument, it really does sound like something the Cleris camp would say...
They might have used that argument later on though. Wouldn't surprise me if they did...

Please say that's not for real!?
Unfortunately, they really did argue that. :P

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=looneymoon link=topic=131.msg13460#msg13460 date=1233538651]
[quote author=Fighter link=topic=131.msg13443#msg13443 date=1233534931]
How about: "Tifa can't be his light because her scenes in AC are always dark and she wears black."

[/quote]

Of course! It's all about Aeris' pink ribbon, the light of a watchful lens flare...
[/quote]
Aerith is so much light, even her clothes are made of it :monster:

But not too much light. Like Tifa.

haichinamie

Banned

[quote author=butterflybookmark link=topic=131.msg13464#msg13464 date=1233539087]
Anyone hear about how because Tifa represents 'death,' she can't be his light because she wears black? Hehe....
[/quote]

Get with the times! That's so Destiny Fulfilled 2003.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Oh, the different color light is real alright.

There's even an essay (or moar) about it. :monster: My, that was a fun read.

"Tifa can't be his light because her scenes in AC are always dark and she wears black."

Or, the Angel statue seen in AC, represents Aerith.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

Actually, I too thought about Aerith when it came to the goddess statue in Edge. But, I didn't think it was really supposed to be her, but a representation of someone watching over everyone. Aerith is (was?) doing that.

Further, I do believe Aerith is very special to the plot and to the protagonist characters of the story. She always will be; and, she may just have some powers that ordinary people do not because she was closer to the Cetran people of olden days. Still, there are some things she cannot do. If she could 100% transcend death, she'd still be alive; and, I'm sure Zack would find some way to allow him to be with her - for her, for Cloud, etc.

Saying this, heck (!) even Zack could be symbolized in the angel statue in Edge. A spiritual/divine presence over the main characters on the side of good. And saying this, that's the second thing that frustrates me the most about this LTD stuff - the Cleriths totally, absolutely push Zack to the side. To take in the whole story, to really make sense of Cloud and such, one has to take in Zack. Heck, probably Zack more so than Aerith!

The color of the light thing is, like with a lot of other things that I've seen on some heavily-Clerith sites, really grasping for straws. I said that before, though. Truly... I just don't understand why they feel so passionately about it? Aerith is a beautiful young woman, but she died. As painful as it is, I wish these people would realize: SHE'S DEAD! *sigh* ::)

Isabella

Your Mom

Careful there; they get mad when you mention she's dead. Death is meaningless to their love, after all, which is why the writers said they wanted her death to feel like a permanent, sudden loss. Oh, wait. :-\

BTW, I had my arm twisted into reading the horseshit that is the Twilight books, which is painful to say the least. But I was amused that the Gary Stu vampire leaves his Mary Sue love, why? To protect her. ZOMG, say it ain't so. He must not really love her then! He doesn't even care how she feels, he just wanted to get away from the clingy stalker.

A

Great Old One

But she IS dead. That's why she's in the Lifestream :-X

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=butterflybookmark link=topic=131.msg13464#msg13464 date=1233539087]
[/quote]

Counter this by saying, "Well in places like India white is considered to be the color of death."

haichinamie

Banned

You know, I find it quite ironic that a lot of them hate Twilight.

I just love this club! Seeing as hate clubs aren't allowed, cleverly-veiled snark is the perfect alternative to anything.

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=haichinamie link=topic=131.msg13870#msg13870 date=1233607882]
You know, I find it quite ironic that a lot of them hate Twilight. [/quote]

They do? They are the same demographic with Twilight fans.

Isabella

Your Mom

I'm curious, what reasons do they list for not liking it? 'Cause I agree with Fighter, that TWU WUV FOREVAH against all odds shit should be right up their alley.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=haichinamie link=topic=131.msg13870#msg13870 date=1233607882]
You know, I find it quite ironic that a lot of them hate Twilight.[/quote]

That is kind of ironic, actually. Isn't the love story in that book the same as the one they are painting for Cloud and Aerith?

I just love this club! Seeing as hate clubs aren't allowed, cleverly-veiled snark is the perfect alternative to anything.

Isn't it, though? :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom

I feel sorry for these girls when they start getting out there and having real relationships. Boy, are they going to be disappointed. "If she needs to hear the words 'I love you,' they must not be in a relationship!" Ummm...

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

That is kind of ironic, actually. Isn't the love story in that book the same as the one they are painting for Cloud and Aerith?

I'm stumped about that too. And I feel bad for anyone who had to suffer through Twilight, but did so to participate in the lulz it brought people who appreciate real literature. :monster:

The tale of Edward and Bella is the crappiest 'love' story I have ever read.
"You're hot, I'm hot, let's make Vampire babies!!11!"
(Which shouldn't have been possible, btw.)

Isabella

Your Mom

Not to mention that Edward instantly fell in love with Bella because she's just THAT special. The guy is like 100 years old or something and has never felt love until this uberspecial girl came along and changed him, made him a better man, er, undead thing.

:monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=Aerina link=topic=131.msg13900#msg13900 date=1233608896]
[quote author=Isabella link=topic=131.msg13880#msg13880 date=1233608218]
I'm curious, what reasons do they list for not liking it? 'Cause I agree with Fighter, that TWU WUV FOREVAH against all odds shit should be right up their alley.
[/quote]

Yeah, cause you know, god forbid a relationship having normal factors to it like maybe living and raising a family together, having a few ups and downs and overcoming your problems together. A relationship has to be all about "epic twu luv" and nothing else, otherwise it just ain't a proper relationship :monster:
[/quote]

Yeah, but that IS the twilight books. I mean, Bella Swan is everything they want Aerith to be and more. Maybe that's why they hate it. Bella's muscling in on their leader's turf, and such.
Especially with the instant falling in love, awesome guy loves her and only her, she's special, etc. etc. etc.

[quote author=Isabella link=topic=131.msg13904#msg13904 date=1233609114]
I feel sorry for these girls when they start getting out there and having real relationships. Boy, are they going to be disappointed. "If she needs to hear the words 'I love you,' they must not be in a relationship!" Ummm...
[/quote]

...Aren't some of them like in their 30s already? :-\ :-X
...Though I don't mean to discriminate against age. :D

Top Bottom