Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
Even, in English it is kinda off putting, but I felt that it is something that Cloud needed to hear at that moment. Structural criticism is never a bad thing. I am pretty sure Cloud took it onboard to improve.

Huh, I had viewed it positively. Like yes she is admonishing him, but it came across to me as her saying "You need to learn to rely on other people sometimes, and stop thinking you can/have to do this all alone."

Which is why we cut to the dramatic hand grasp from him, a silent acknowledgement that he's willing to rely on her sometimes if he needs it.

Sorry, it's just probably my favourite scene in the game so I feel the need to talk about it at length.

Do you think the scene in the first bombing mission ("Are you ignoring me") happens before or after she Tifa's accident?

I had just automatically assumed it was before, but I actually have no reason why I thought that. It very much could be after and the guilt is why he is ignoring her.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Huh, I had viewed it positively. Like yes she is admonishing him, but it came across to me as her saying "You need to learn to rely on other people sometimes, and stop thinking you can/have to do this all alone."

Which is why we cut to the dramatic hand grasp from him, a silent acknowledgement that he's willing to rely on her sometimes if he needs it.

Sorry, it's just probably my favourite scene in the game so I feel the need to talk about it at length.

Oh, yeah I can agree to that. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Edit: oh yeah, when she saves him after the Rufus fight, Tifa says in French: "C'est la honte là. C'est toi le héros" which made me laugh ("what a disgrace. It's you who's the hero"), with the light emphasis on "toi/you". What a way to support him Tifa :D

I love that it came out as such a lightweight tease :D:D

That's my fav scene for them, too! I even ranted about it here :lol: I agree! It`s definitely positive, she's pretty much supporting him there, both literally and metaphorically. It puts them in such a mutual ground that I just love.

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
I love that it came out as such a lightweight tease :D:D

That's my fav scene for them, too! I even ranted about it here :lol: I agree! It`s definitely positive, she's pretty much supporting him there, both literally and metaphorically. It puts them in such a mutual ground that I just love.

His facial expressions there too are just perfect. His struggle to pull himself up where he realizes he is failing, then the look on his face when she catches him and he's shocked. He fully expected to die. Then she tells him to be better if he's going to play the hero, and he closes his eyes for just a second as he accepts what she says, then gives her the smallest of smiles before gripping her wrist tightly.

I just so badly want part 2 to show me so many more positive Cloti scenes!

Sidenote on this: I was annoyed telling Cloud as his hand was sliding of that beam "dude drop the damn sword and use your other hand to help save your life, we have like 5 swords"

Okay I'm done endlessly talking about this scene lol. Just love it so much. :excited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Oh no let’s be clear! “C’est la honte !” Is very often used in French, it’s a light comment about how someone failed to do something that’s supposed to be simple (lol which we can agree being a hero isn’t). Tifa’s comment is definitely a support one for Cloud. She’s telling Cloud he has to do better if he wants to play hero but at the same time, since she’s saving his arse, it’s also a case of “look, I’m your hero when you fail” lmao. She is implying that, that because he’s not the hero there, she is!

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Oh no let’s be clear! “C’est la honte !” Is very often used in French, it’s a light comment about how someone failed to do something that’s supposed to be simple (lol which we can agree being a hero isn’t). Tifa’s comment is definitely a support one for Cloud. She’s telling Cloud he has to do better if he wants to play hero but at the same time, since she’s saving his arse, it’s also a case of “look, I’m your hero when you fail” lmao. She is implying that, that because he’s not the hero there, she is!

It just got better w/ this explanation!!

Good to know the message was kept in every language :lol:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I like the one response to that tweet that says "I like the subtle sexiness there" :huh:

I guess they mean that it doesn't show anything explicit, but subtle is not the word I'd use, hahah

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I really like those pics of adult+kid CloTi. Not as literal images, but as representations of what they mean to each other. One of the cornerstones of compassion is: “That person was once a little kid, and secretly, they are still that little kid.” Those pics show how much Cloud and Tifa truly love each other, how much they know each other. Just.... warm fuzzies <3

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I really like those pics of adult+kid CloTi. Not as literal images, but as representations of what they mean to each other. One of the cornerstones of compassion is: “That person was once a little kid, and secretly, they are still that little kid.” Those pics show how much Cloud and Tifa truly love each other, how much they know each other. Just.... warm fuzzies <3

I think my favorite one is the anime' version of Tifa with the flower. When I am on this thread I usually listen to Tifa's theme. Yeah call me weird. :tifaball

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer

The first thing Cloud sees as he wakes up is Tifa, during the Aerith's room scene in CH17. I was actually a bit surprised that Tifa was the only one that was beside him until he woke up. Everyone else was a across the room. Tifa was the one who stayed at his bedside. :cloudball::tifaball This can be overlooked very easily.

I can't wait to see the scene when Cloud is in the hospital with severe Mako poisoning and Tifa is there taking care of him.

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Don't remind me, it's so far away tho lol.

Yeah I was surprise that only Tifa was at his bedside, I mean, it's Aerith's room so??? I expected her to be there but she was a bit further back in the room? It's those kind of gestures that make people go "mmh there's something about Aerith that is different this time around" because you know in the OG, this was the cells scene instead, and she was flirting with Cloud at that moment?

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I watched the scene again right after I posted that. Aerith was clearly all the way across the other side of the room. At first it looked like Aerith was right there besides Tifa, but when the camera zoomed out a bit. I was shocked at the positions of the characters. Of course this is probably me just looking for something. I dunno. I did find it interesting nonetheless.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
No, this is definitely something that is odd. Maybe it's a hint to Mideel, but still, they could have had Aerith right on the other side of the bed and Cloud noticing after? Because it's the girlfriend/wife position, to be at someone's side when he's sick. Also one could argue that indeed in Mideel, Tifa took that position by herself (the girlfriend one). So yeah basically the same?

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
(Loads at 34:30) "Save her from a life without this handsome guy!" Yo, Aerith is not fucking around with her shipping.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Don't remind me, it's so far away tho lol.

Yeah I was surprise that only Tifa was at his bedside, I mean, it's Aerith's room so??? I expected her to be there but she was a bit further back in the room? It's those kind of gestures that make people go "mmh there's something about Aerith that is different this time around" because you know in the OG, this was the cells scene instead, and she was flirting with Cloud at that moment?

Yes! I was talked about it in the LTD thread, and while I don't like to jump into the "she's pushing character A to B" interpretation, these gestures of her and what she says sometimes are...weird at last?! Sometimes, it feels like she's so far ahead of everyone there... like she can't be truly reached.. it's weird and interesting ate the same time.

Also, the more flirting and straightforward part of her personality, while still there, seems to have been toned down a lot ( or passed down to Jessie as I like to say :P), she's seems more like her CC counterpart to me (fun, kind, innocent but still in a flirtish way), and she's doesn't seems to be bothered at all by the mention of Tifa and Cloud in a romantic light (she mentions it herself after all). While I don't think it taints CxA relationship that much this is just weird bc Idk how to interpret it.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
(Loads at 34:30) "Save her from a life without this handsome guy!" Yo, Aerith is not fucking around with her shipping.

Oh, yeah I picked up on that one as well. I know why a lot of people are saying that Aerith really seems to be pushing Cloud and Tifa together.

The thing that is funny, not diminishing the Cloud and Aerith group but if you mention these things or scenes to them, they either ignore it or just write it off as bad translation dubbing. I can't be the only who sees this. I am also not trying to look through the Cloud and Tifa lens but it is just something that you can't really deny.

Edited to add. I am saying this in the safety of the Cloud X Tifa club so... -_-

Eerie

Fire and Blood

This meme, excuse me while I go laughing X'D

I think yeah there are a few times that make one go "mmh, odd?", though the Wall Market I do not count because it's still early in the game and the clerith relationship. But definitely when Aerith steps back in her own room is something that made me blink twice. Also the problem of being too extrem, in any side, is that you're ready to downplay everything for the sake of your pairing. Which is simply well, not good, because you miss out a lot of things, especially with FFVII/R? At the very least it's something I don't really enjoy to see from us, since well, our pairing is canon in the OG/compilation (not yet in FFVIIR :P but that's only a matter of time).

I kind of wish that after the end of the game, we'd get Case of Tifa and other novels adapted in DLCs, that would be cool.

Top Bottom