Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer

This whole thread is just gold. Sometimes I think I just forget the amount of content Cloti has on its bag :mon:

I think a lot of people like the old try and true love story of childhood friends. One leaves the other and the other one stays in their hometown, and years later they end up reuniting under extraordinary circumstances and reignite their past feelings for one another. One of my favorite anime' troupes.

That is probably why I like the whole Cloud and Tifa pairing. It is just one of those stories that captures your heart. Also, my life experiences might have a say in this as well. :D

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I don't know why but I think I like Tifa best when she is vulnerable. When she drops her bad-ass persona . Kinda wish she would do it more often.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Ooh I spy my tweet. I swear my twitter looks more like aerti central when I am cloti4lyfe and has generally been the bulk of my thoughts since remake release. (Glad you liked it Yumelinh <3)

Also just found this fanclub, hi! I always get super happy to find another cloti corner/hub on the internet.

I was wondering when you were going to come this way. :lol:

d85f7d35fff7b33f3f95cf5fc0e3b36f.jpg

Last edited:

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
These two truly deserve a real happy ending. None of these half steps, or problems in their relationships type of ending. They have been through so much together. I really hope that SE will finally give them one.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
To quote Schmendrick: "There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." Trouble in your relationship means that it's time for you to grow some more. Being committed to growing together is what partnership is, so it can't exist without trouble. So when I see Cloud and Tifa having trouble, I see them growing together -- it's my favorite thing about AC. In DoC, the story didn't touch on them, probably because there was nothing to report. Happy times don't make compelling drama. So, I think DoC (so far the farthest in the timeline we've gotten... within their lifespans) is the happiest ending we could ask for. Nothing to report.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Eh, I don't really get it? They already had a happy ending didn't they? They end up together, and by the end of AC:C, Cloud moves on from his guilt and spends happy times with Tifa and the kids. It's hard to make it better me think, considering that AC:C is still canon.

Edit: I've been ninja'ed because I was making lunch. Oh well.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I know, I know. It is just a bittersweet feeling.

Maybe I am expecting too much, I guess I really wanted more of a Disney ending and not a "real life" ending. If that makes any sense. :P

Last edited:

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
I understand your point @Graymouse. Sometimes we just want our fav characters to just be happy w/o any interference. It's a valid feeling, really :)

But as the other said here already, if we look at it from another angle, having Cloud and Tifa going through problems, but ultimately end up together can be much more fulfilling than just a happy ending.

I mean, I'm confident to say that, after what they went through in OG and AC/C, I can't see these two not being together in the future, no matter what problem they may encounter, because they showed us that no matter what happens, they will undoubtedly find their way back to one another.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I was going through that ch5 scene again because I'm watching a FFVIIR movie in French to spot the differences with English, and

lol Cloud is so smooth, stopping them from rolling over with one arm and bringing back immediately on Tifa's back, only to let her go once he knew she was ok :D Cloud, you're not supposed to be this smooth!!!

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Portions in Case of Tifa portrays them in domestic bliss for a time.

I love that part when they were rebuilding Seventh Heaven themselves (granted Barret was there, but it's a really heartwarming moment), Cloud buying and delivering vegetables (was it vegetables?) and other ingredients for Tifa, Barret leaving Marlene to their care (and them actually caring for her), and some other stuff. Just them trying to solve some very mundane problems from living and survival. Very nice.

Top Bottom