Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I actually explained this to someone on YouTube because the body language didn't match with the English script.

Cloud actually said, "Fancy?/Dress up?"
Tifa backs up a little because she was conscious of herself and was shy at him looking at her in not such pretty clothes. She replies in Japanese, something like, she can make herself look good if she tries.

It wasn't about her fearing his rejection, but she was embarrassed about not having nice clothes.

My line of thinking was that she was really shy to have Cloud look at her "dress" up in those type of cloths.

Edited to add, I am not saying that Cloud is objectify Tifa. Also, it was Tifa who was asking Cloud on a date. I think that had something to do with her body language as well.

minami758

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Miiwoo
I actually explained this to someone on YouTube because the body language didn't match with the English script.

Cloud actually said, "Fancy?/Dress up?"
Tifa backs up a little because she was conscious of herself and was shy at him looking at her in not such pretty clothes. She replies in Japanese, something like, she can make herself look good if she tries.

It wasn't about her fearing his rejection, but she was embarrassed about not having nice clothes.

This is actually really sweet and sad when you think about it within the context of the game. Tifa was really excited about their date — getting to dress up and go out with Cloud. But he disappears post-Reactor 5 mission and is missing for an entire day.

Tifa doesn’t know what happened to him so she’s probably devastated, but she learns about Corneo and throws herself back into the mission to keep her mind off things. And then Tifa has to go shopping. It’s clear Tifa is poor, so she spends every gil she has on this dress that she was going to wear on her date with Cloud, but now has to infiltrate Corneo’s mansion with. All the while thinking Cloud is seriously injured somewhere, or dead.:'(

Let them have their date in the next game, Square!

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
Tifa doesn’t know what happened to him so she’s probably devastated, but she learns about Corneo and throws herself back into the mission to keep her mind off things. And then Tifa has to go shopping. It’s clear Tifa is poor, so she spends every gil she has on this dress that she was going to wear on her date with Cloud, but now has to infiltrate Corneo’s mansion with. All the while thinking Cloud is seriously injured somewhere, or dead.:'(

Let them have their date in the next game, Square!

Tifa has gone through so much :'( and definitely deserves a fun date and a fulfilling life with Cloud.

I am grateful that in FF7R, Cloud did give Tifa quite a few good reasons to smile. In addition to the Alone at Last scenes, here are some that I really loved.

The flower scene - seeing Tifa's face light up was just priceless.
Tifa 2.PNG

The scene where Cloud calls her "beautiful" and she was so coy.
Tifa 5.PNG

The scene where Tifa tells Cloud not to worry, I'm sure she was really happy to see Cloud alive too.
Tifa 6.PNG

The scene where she talks about reopening the bar, asking if Cloud would help too. Cloud could have given a better answer but sweetheart Tifa was still happy anyway.
Tifa 3.PNG

The scene after Cloud hugs her
Tifa 4.PNG

And my one of my favorite scenes... but I can't seem to post more than 5 images, so sorry for double posting!

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
The scene where Tifa was the first person Cloud sees when he wakes up at Shinra HQ. To think that Tifa was right by his side the entire time and that look of concern / relief. If this isn't true love, nothing is.

In all these scenes, Cloud is the reason she smiles. Talk about selfless. Tifa deserves happiness and I hope SE gives it to her.

Tifa 1.PNG

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Well, Nojima did say for us to look forward to that scene and I was definitely not disappointed! It was such a sweet and nice little touch.

He wasn’t referring to this scene though, he was referring to the one where Tifa shows him his bedroom.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
The scene where Tifa was the first person Cloud sees when he wakes up at Shinra HQ. To think that Tifa was right by his side the entire time and that look of concern / relief. If this isn't true love, nothing is.

In all these scenes, Cloud is the reason she smiles. Talk about selfless. Tifa deserves happiness and I hope SE gives it to her.

View attachment 6402

I have noticed there are several scenes where both Cloud and Tifa are the first person that they see when they wake up from being knocked unconscious during a cutscene, the funny thing is that almost all are non-optional. (I hate using that shippy language)

For Tifa:
The Sewers (although I guess this could be optional if you want to be nick picky)
On top of Sector 7 plate pillar
After Sector 7 plate falling

For Cloud:
Don Cornero Love dungeon.
Shinra HQ Aerith's childhood bedroom.

For Aerith:
After the Reactor 5 mission

I am sure I am missing one or two?

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer
EZcGtYBWAAExlqL

Someone on twitter pointed out that this is a cutscene from the OG.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
He wasn’t referring to this scene though, he was referring to the one where Tifa shows him his bedroom.
You're right! I went to check the video and he did single out that particular scene. My bad ^^

However, I still find that other additional scene related to the promise to be sweeter than the first one tho :lol:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Oh I agree totally!!! That scene between Cloud and Tifa is just so sweet and cute! It’s just not that scene referenced by Nojima ?

Ruri

Pro Adventurer
It would contradict Midgar Blues if it was remade and added into the game.

ENG: Snuck outta town before the sun could rise — when I knew you’d be sleeping

JP: 青い夜にふるさとを飛び出した俺 I rushed from my hometown under the blue night

Source

We could just take MB really loosely, I guess, it's still a C/T song but just an observation made by other cloti friends talking about it!

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
Oh yeah, so maybe it's a good thing that scene got cut. Also, it explains why she was so nervous when he was missing from his apartment for so long. She probably was afraid that he would disappear without saying good bye like he did when he left Nibelheim.

Btw I just love catching all the hilarious expressions Cloud makes whenever Tifa does or says something outrageous. He's like a concerned boyfriend lecturing his girlfriend.
Screenshot_20200602-164826(1).pngScreenshot_20200602-164841(1).pngScreenshot_20200602-165052(1).pngScreenshot_20200602-165102(1).png
Cloud to Tifa: You're crazy!

Tifa also feeling a little guilty and hanging her head because she realized her plan wasn't too smart.

I love seeing this side of them tbh. It's cute.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Cloud says that again to Tifa, after narrowly grabbng her from falling at the Sector 7 plate tower:

8a735ed958ec815514f5dadde2f1cd2f.jpg

Cloud: What the Hell
Tifa: Nice Catch (oh you don't the half of it girl)
Cloud: Your Crazy!
Tifa: Just like you, suck it up cause I am not leaving.

The natural banter between them is great!

Last edited:

Ruri

Pro Adventurer
I'm such a sap for the lingering shot on the needlessly stalled hand-reach scene. I could watch it forever. SE knew exactly what they were doing with that.

Also this:

nicecatch.png

Her smile here gets me every time because I read it, after Cloud yelling that she's crazy to do that, Tifa: 'For you, yes' :-)

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer
Cloud says that again to Tifa, after narrowly grabbng her from fall at the Sector 7 plate tower:

View attachment 6413

Cloud: What the Hell
Tifa: Nice Catch (oh you don't the half of it girl)
Cloud: Your Crazy!
Tifa: Just like you, suck it up cause I am not leaving.

The natural banter between them is great!

I know they say something different in Japanese ( i heard that it was maybe more affectionate) but I can't remember what it was.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I like this reciprocal thing between them. When each sees the other behaving recklessly or carelessly and putting themselves at risk, they take them to task. Cloud does it here and at Corneo's mansion to Tifa, and she does the same to him after the Rufus fight.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
I find it extremely amusing that when Cloud finds himself frustrated over Tifa's recklessness, his default reaction to her is "You're crazy!"

LOL as if he's one to talk. He's literally the crazy one here.

But then, they can both be crazy. Crazy for each other, that is. :desu:

Top Bottom