Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
There is also the fact that Zack's personality was said to influence Cloud's fake persona a great deal, but in CC Zack was super friendly, so it's hard to connect him to the OG!Fake!Cloud at all. Right now in Remake, I think we can say more safely that Zack indeed influenced Cloud's fake persona.

It was mentioned in the ultimanias that part of OG Cloud's fake persona was based off of Tifa's memories of young Cloud in Nibelheim. I think some of that coldness might have stemmed from there because, as a kid, Cloud was aloof, thought of himself as "better than the others", and frequently got into fights. Young Tifa, I suspect, knew that there was a softer core inside him, but his prickly nature was the one he presented to others the most. It was only when they had their talk at the water tower that he dared to show that softer side.

Someone uploaded this clip from Dirge of Cerberus. This happens a year after AC? Cloud and Tifa handing the phone to each other makes me uwu. OP likes the part where Cloud calls Tifa's name, and she cheerfully answers, "Hai!" Seems they are pretty happy together.

I love this clip. Not just for the obvious familiarity of the Cloti partnership, but the interaction between all of the party members. They really sound like a family. We can even hear the subtle tones of fondness that Vincent has in his voice for them all.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It's not manipulation, just pure cuteness!

Someone uploaded this clip from Dirge of Cerberus. This happens a year after AC? Cloud and Tifa handing the phone to each other makes me uwu. OP likes the part where Cloud calls Tifa's name, and she cheerfully answers, "Hai!" Seems they are pretty happy together.

I'm sure they are, but that is specifically because they're on the phone WHILE fighting and tossing the phone around, which is why I love that scene. So he's calling to her to toss her the phone and then she's acknowledging that she's ready to catch it.

DutchDread

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dutch Dread
So... is Cloti canon yet ?
I mean, what are our chances in the remake? What do you guys think?

Put my comment in spoiler tags since the comment below me pointed out he wasn't sure what you knew about FFVII.
I'd say it has been canon for a while now XD But with the remake I'd give it a 50% of making it more canon by the end, a 30% chance of staying about the same, with ambiguity if you FORCE yourself to find it, and 20% chance of making it more ambiguous.

My guess is that it will end with Cloti and Zerith being pushed harder, with Cloud having a more definite resolution with Aerith, I for instance don't think the game will end with Aeriths face this time, but more with some indication of a Cloud whose happy to live/move on. Maybe his face smiling while standing next to Tifa, looking into the sky or something. Meanwhile I think the game will probably make it more ambiguous whether or not his feelings for Aerith were real, but with a pretty firm conclusion that it really doesn't matter, because his feelings for Tifa are DEFINITELY real, and that's what he's gonna focus on.

In general, I think Cloud is going to end FFVII looking back at Aerith as a happy memory, one he's thankful for, instead of as a source of grief and guilt.
And after everything, I think that's how it SHOULD end.

Last edited:

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
So... is Cloti canon yet ?
I mean, what are our chances in the remake? What do you guys think?

I've seen your introductory post and it doesn't say if you've played the OG or the Remake, although I'd guess you played the Remake.

If you haven't played the OG yet, answering your question in detail would be tantamount to you getting spoiled of events to come. If you have, then rock on!

My non-spoilery response to your question would be yes, I believe they have been canon for years now; specifically, they have been made canon by meta-text and materials outside of the OG. There are just a good chunk of the fandom that refuses to accept it and insists on ambiguity and interpretation, which I can excuse if we are mainly to consider the OG. But taking the entire Compilation and external materials into account, I say there is little to no ambiguity remaining on the matter of the LTD.

As for the remake, I honestly think it has a good chance of nailing the coffin to the LTD and making CloTi more obvious to see.

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
@Shadowfox Tifa's "Omatase!" was filled with so much excitement too. She must have really wanted to talk to Cloud after all those years of trying to get him to hang out with her. Cloud was so nervous too! Yikes, they're so cute. Just why do they have to be so shy with each other?

Zack to Cloud: Weird guy.
IMG_20200610_190534.jpg

Zack to Tifa: Weird girl.
IMG_20200610_190531.jpg
Even Zack knows their both weirdos (who belong together! imho).

@Chonkoboo I do kinda multi ship, and don't mind who becomes canon in the Remake, but I've grown really attached to Cloti pairing lately. Like, really, really attached. I'm rooting for them for them as my OTP. At member's suggestion, I did watch ACC recently, and have just finished reading the On the Way to a Smile novella, so I already sort of view them as a couple in a serious relationship. Remake may change that, but it's a little weird for me to imagine going back in time, breaking them up, and rewriting this part of their history, just to give alternative romance options with someone else, even though I also really love that someone else.

Can't have my cake and eat it too. But, ideally, I'd like a route where I can save that someone else, as well as end with a CT canon route.

Btw an OP who is Japanese received this music sheet for Tifa's theme. It's says next to "playing point" that the theme was created with the image of Cloud and Tifa's reunion, and the promise they made that day in their youth. It's suggested to be played with gentle feelings/emotions. Hope this is from an official source, but I can't confirm. If it is, I really think it is meant to be a duet.
IMG_20200610_190405.jpg

Last edited:

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Welcome, @Chonkoboo! My thoughts are pretty much similar as everyone here in this matter when it comes to OG/Compilation, and as for the Remake is up to be seen but I'm pretty optimistic for now :)

@odekopeko Did you finish the novels? I'd love to read your thoughts about it when it comes to Cloti, like did it change something for u (if you want ofc)?

on a side note, I love the idea that Tifa's theme is a duet and even more because the word "Reunion" ( pretty much the whole motif for part 1) keep being used with them <3

Ruri

Pro Adventurer
Remake may change that, but it's a little weird for me to imagine going back in time, breaking them up, and rewriting this part of their history, just to give alternative romance options with someone else, even though I also really love that someone else.

I'm with you @odekopeko. Remake can do anything it likes, but I am very, very attached to cloti and the years since OG, since AC/C have only strengthened that attachment.

The remake did cloti a very beautiful due. Someone else said described it perfectly for me, cloti body language/the lingering looks/in the touches, the kind of touches that are only reserved for each other. It's a love language and sometimes you need to experience it yourself to understand. I could get people reading it as platonic in the most extreme case, but fortunately scenes like the train roll exist. That is simmering, delicious tension that cannot be waved away as 'two friends who support each other' there's an attraction there and I think the pay off in the end will do all the beginning parts of cloti some justice. They are the compilations couple after all, while there's not much continuity between the likes of remake and say, AC/C - the compilation is still being used as the base.

So says Kitase:

VG247: So I’m pretty sure that after Sephiroth appears and you’re walking around the streets of Midgar, that’s a music track from Advent Children. [We later verified this; the music track is a new arrangement of ‘The Promised Land‘ from 2005 FF7 sequel movie Advent Children.] I was surprised to hear that. I realize [Tetsuya] Nomura-san said before that the remake is in a different continuity to the FF7 projects from the past, but I’m curious about how much of the compilation ideas you wanted to bring into the game. Hearing music from the compilation that never appeared in the original FF7 was a pleasant surprise.
Yoshinori Kitase: I can’t give you full details exactly how many times, where they’re referenced, or anything like that, but what I want to let you know is that all of the lore from the works created after the original game, the Compilation of Final Fantasy 7, that’s all very much in the base of the canon for the remake, and going forward it will be too.

I'm happy my heart picked cloti because their remake interactions have left me reeling. Here's to part two!

Welcome @Chonkoboo! I think the others have answered your question, hope you stick around!

@Yumelinh are those more cloti babies I spy? :@ Doors won't be enough!!

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Nah I was absolutely certain it was meant to be a duet the moment I read Uematsu's words on Hollow in that interview from not long ago. The guy is a composer, so he definitely is the kind who will look at those details. He kept talking about really obscure music stuff lol, so when I read that I was like "yea OK Tifa's theme is a duet 100% sure".

Also thank you @odekopeko for sharing that.

And lol the train scene, the French youtuber saw this and went "maybe I should do an erotic gif for those kind of scenes" lmao. He's awfully serious about cloti though, even tho he liked Jessie, when she invited him he was like "nooooo I can't betray Tifa, this is serious shit guys" lmaoooo.

Last edited:

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
@Shadowfox Tifa's "Omatase!" was filled with so much excitement too. She must have really wanted to talk to Cloud after all those years of trying to get him to hang out with her. Cloud was so nervous too! Yikes, they're so cute. Just why do they have to be so shy with each other?

Zack to Cloud: Weird guy.
View attachment 6604

Zack to Tifa: Weird girl.
View attachment 6605
Even Zack knows their both weirdos (who belong together! imho).

@Chonkoboo I do kinda multi ship, and don't mind who becomes canon in the Remake, but I've grown really attached to Cloti pairing lately. Like, really, really attached. I'm rooting for them for them as my OTP. At member's suggestion, I did watch ACC recently, and have just finished reading the On the Way to a Smile novella, so I already sort of view them as a couple in a serious relationship. Remake may change that, but it's a little weird for me to imagine going back in time, breaking them up, and rewriting this part of their history, just to give alternative romance options with someone else, even though I also really love that someone else.

Can't have my cake and eat it too. But, ideally, I'd like a route where I can save that someone else, as well as end with a CT canon route.

Btw an OP who is Japanese received this music sheet for Tifa's theme. It's says next to "playing point" that the theme was created with the image of Cloud and Tifa's reunion, and the promise they made that day in their youth. It's suggested to be played with gentle feelings/emotions. Hope this is from an official source, but I can't confirm. If it is, I really think it is meant to be a duet.
View attachment 6606

Wasn't there a fairly recent reddit thread that pointed out Tifa's theme as a male-female duet seeking out each other and eventually coming together for a resolution? I'm pretty sure I read something like that. I think someone posted the link here.

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
Yeah, I think someone did post it. Wasn't it @DutchDread ? Sorry, my memory's fuzzy.

But I believe that was based on someone's interpretation of the music. I wanted to see if that was actually what the composer had in mind when creating Tifa's theme, so seeing the music sheet with those words (if it is official) somewhat confirmed it for me.

verse1994

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
verse
Sometimes I am so confused about this world. If a woman can even accept and be resolved to take care of such a broken man on a wheel chair without knowing when he will come back. And the man has half of his conscious life fulfilled with the feeling towards her, 8 years out of 16 years before he is broken if I am correct. Why not some of people just give the bless to them and leave the LTD end instead of insisting it's just a child romance and one-sided from the woman?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Well the LTD has a lot of bad blood, and has lasted for as long as the game was released, so yeah, 23 years. You must consider that at first, there were more clerith than cloti fans, and a lot of people thought Cloud pined for Aerith, especially with that vague, badly translated ending. When AC was released, there was more cloti material released, and with CC and the push for zerith, a lot of people began to ship zerith and cloti. Plus there was more material released that said "here, CloudxTifa is canon deal with it" (basically lol).

But a lot of old time clerith fans instead of accepting the canon, because of the bad blood between the fans, everything that had been already said, refused to accept the canon - even though it's a perfectly valid ship to like! Hence why the ship wars are... to be continued lol.

Chonkoboo

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Kweh
Put my comment in spoiler tags since the comment below me pointed out he wasn't sure what you knew about FFVII.
I'd say it has been canon for a while now XD But with the remake I'd give it a 50% of making it more canon by the end, a 30% chance of staying about the same, with ambiguity if you FORCE yourself to find it, and 20% chance of making it more ambiguous.

My guess is that it will end with Cloti and Zerith being pushed harder, with Cloud having a more definite resolution with Aerith, I for instance don't think the game will end with Aeriths face this time, but more with some indication of a Cloud whose happy to live/move on. Maybe his face smiling while standing next to Tifa, looking into the sky or something. Meanwhile I think the game will probably make it more ambiguous whether or not his feelings for Aerith were real, but with a pretty firm conclusion that it really doesn't matter, because his feelings for Tifa are DEFINITELY real, and that's what he's gonna focus on.

In general, I think Cloud is going to end FFVII looking back at Aerith as a happy memory, one he's thankful for, instead of as a source of grief and guilt.
And after everything, I think that's how it SHOULD end.

I really hope they'll make that clear this time. It's the best conclusion I see where everyone ends up happy without complications. Hopefully the remake also doubles as closure. I don't think I can live on peacefully if they leave things ambiguous again. :'(

I've seen your introductory post and it doesn't say if you've played the OG or the Remake, although I'd guess you played the Remake.

If you haven't played the OG yet, answering your question in detail would be tantamount to you getting spoiled of events to come. If you have, then rock on!

My non-spoilery response to your question would be yes, I believe they have been canon for years now; specifically, they have been made canon by meta-text and materials outside of the OG. There are just a good chunk of the fandom that refuses to accept it and insists on ambiguity and interpretation, which I can excuse if we are mainly to consider the OG. But taking the entire Compilation and external materials into account, I say there is little to no ambiguity remaining on the matter of the LTD.

As for the remake, I honestly think it has a good chance of nailing the coffin to the LTD and making CloTi more obvious to see.

Thank God! I came to the right place to reassure my perspective on the romantic aspect of the story. Honestly, I tried to put myself in the shoes of those who view it differently (mostly Cleriths) because I'm trying to make sense of why they insist so much that nothing came out of the Cloti relationship during the events of AC and onwards. And just the thought of that possibility wouldn't let me live in peace. I desperately need these babies to be happy at all costs after all that they've been through, y'know? ; - ; Sometimes, I just want to hunt down Nojima and wring out the answers from him for my soul to find peace.

Anyway, thank you guys for being so considerate! I have watched the playthrough of the OG and currently playing the remake (though I also already know what happens because I like spoiling myself lol). I have to say though, since Aerith is alive and with the message at the end of the game, I'm a little apprehensive of drastic changes in the story. (Like what if they kill Tifa. Man I really hope not, just typing that hurts)

@Shadowfox

That's great! I thought of the same thing but some people are actually using those materials against Cloti and it's starting to make me doubt myself and my interpretations. :< But looking at the story in that angle just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It doesn't feel right for them to be platonic or for things to not have worked out during the events of ACC and novellas.

I agree, that's why I'd like to look at it as Zerith together at the lifestream, and Cloti living together as a (not friends only) family. Everybody's happy. Not Cloud holding out for a girl who already passed on for the rest of his life with Tifa by his side. That's just not painting Cloud in a very good light, and it's just... sad.

Welcome, @Chonkoboo! My thoughts are pretty much similar as everyone here in this matter when it comes to OG/Compilation, and as for the Remake is up to be seen but I'm pretty optimistic for now :) /QUOTE]

Thank you! I was actually pretty certain that the remake favors Cloti but reading various arguments and interpretations is making me anxious haha :(

I'm with you @odekopeko. Remake can do anything it likes, but I am very, very attached to cloti and the years since OG, since AC/C have only strengthened that attachment.

The remake did cloti a very beautiful due. Someone else said described it perfectly for me, cloti body language/the lingering looks/in the touches, the kind of touches that are only reserved for each other. It's a love language and sometimes you need to experience it yourself to understand. I could get people reading it as platonic in the most extreme case, but fortunately scenes like the train roll exist. That is simmering, delicious tension that cannot be waved away as 'two friends who support each other' there's an attraction there and I think the pay off in the end will do all the beginning parts of cloti some justice. They are the compilations couple after all, while there's not much continuity between the likes of remake and say, AC/C - the compilation is still being used as the base.

So says Kitase:

I'm happy my heart picked cloti because their remake interactions have left me reeling. Here's to part two!

I'm gonna put my trust in these brilliant developers. Hopefully, they wouldn't ruin their own masterpiece. Especially the story of Cloti which is just beautifully written.

Welcome @Chonkoboo! I think the others have answered your question, hope you stick around!

Thank you so much!

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Well, if that can help you:

クラウドとは物語の終盤に想いを通わせ、「AC」「D C」の時代は一緒に暮らしている。(Crisis Core Ultimania)
“She communicated her feelings together with Cloud in the final stages of the game, and during AC and DC they are living together."

And from the above tweet:

"Tifa and Cloud both harbored affection for the other for so many years. As the final battle with Sephiroth grew imminent, they came together to affirm these feelings seeking the other."
The note below specifies that it was a requited love all along

Alongside Nojima saying that while writing AC, he was sure of one thing: Cloud and Tifa would be back together at the end.

These people twist a lot of things, quotes (usually misquoted... badly translated, only a tiny bit without context, you name it), characters, story, etc.

That kind of behaviour doesn't get a pass here though ;) That's why they say this place is pro-cloti, when most people just want to defend the canon of the story that is told.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Thank God! I came to the right place to reassure my perspective on the romantic aspect of the story. Honestly, I tried to put myself in the shoes of those who view it differently (mostly Cleriths) because I'm trying to make sense of why they insist so much that nothing came out of the Cloti relationship during the events of AC and onwards. And just the thought of that possibility wouldn't let me live in peace. I desperately need these babies to be happy at all costs after all that they've been through, y'know? ; - ; Sometimes, I just want to hunt down Nojima and wring out the answers from him for my soul to find peace.

Anyway, thank you guys for being so considerate! I have watched the playthrough of the OG and currently playing the remake (though I also already know what happens because I like spoiling myself lol). I have to say though, since Aerith is alive and with the message at the end of the game, I'm a little apprehensive of drastic changes in the story. (Like what if they kill Tifa. Man I really hope not, just typing that hurts)

Do take note, though, that this is the CloTi thread, so it's a given you'd find mostly (if not unanimously) pro-CloTi sentiments here. Although I'm pretty certain people in this thread are fair in their reading and interpretation of canon materials, as do most members of this forum who don't really care about the LTD itself but view canon as it is. We do have a few Clerith shippers in this forum, too, but they're very reasonable and not the extreme ones that you'll find in youtube and other social media platforms (although I don't know this, I'm just going by the representations of members here who has engaged with those kind of people).

For a clinical analysis of the LTD, I suggest reading Tres' numerous LTD articles that're posted somewhere in this site. I'd link it to you myself, but I'm feeling kinda lazy right now. I'm sure other folks here will link it to you. Anyway, CloTi has a lot of confirmatory NON-AMBIGUOUS quotes for them that there's just no going around it. Cloud's feelings for Aerith are left ambiguous and open (and these feelings he can no longer resolve considering what happens to her), but his feelings for Tifa are made clear numerous times--- he loved her, and he loves her still. At the end of the OG, CloTi is in a romantic relationship. They love each other. They live together. They raise a family together. End of.

To be fair on Nojima, it was actually his doing that CloTi has this amount of confirmation. It's Nomura that's deliberately attempting to make it ambiguous. Thank the gods for Nojima for reigning Nomura's ass in.

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think cloti is special to Nojima in the sense that they're probably the most realistic FF pair, really grounded in realism and how love works etc. I really admire that he could push it like this, and make it liked that much, because we see them overcoming a lot of problems, and it's a pair that shows what real love is. They are so very different from numerous pairs in games and tv shows, it's refreshing!

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Sometimes I am so confused about this world. If a woman can even accept and be resolved to take care of such a broken man on a wheel chair without knowing when he will come back. And the man has half of his conscious life fulfilled with the feeling towards her, 8 years out of 16 years before he is broken if I am correct. Why not some of people just give the bless to them and leave the LTD end instead of insisting it's just a child romance and one-sided from the woman?

I have no clue either. I mean this game capture says everything. There is no way this could be or ever was a platonic relationship between them. In my opinion if you say that after the OG, and all the extra source material that has been released.
Final Fantasy VII Screenshot 10 tifa cloud.jpg

Here is an interesting article about platonic relationships. It is a long read.
Platonic relationships aren’t easy to hold on to. Use these tips to find the cause of your distractions and have a good platonic relationship.
Platonic relationships can be pretty confusing.

It takes effort and willpower to stop yourselves from getting on top of each other.

And even when you get past that first stage of sexual urges and surges, there’s the worry of your own lovers who don’t understand the relationship you share with your best friend.

Ever been there?

[Read: The truth behind why guy best friends are nothing but trouble]

All said and done, no matter what the odds are, a happy platonic relationship can be fulfilling and fun, and can create a perfect friendship that can stand the test of time.

But that’s a big IF, because you have several hurdles to cross before you get to the part where both of you can be comfortable in each other’s company without letting sex get in the way.

Can opposite sexes ever be friends?

How often do we see this happening? How often do two people of the opposite sex just walk into each other’s lives, feel like there’s a lot in common, hit it off perfectly and then avoid dating each other and just end up as best friends?

Hardly ever. [Read: Things to know before you stay friends with someone you’ve dated]

Almost always, most platonic friendships hold on only because the two people involved have known each other for a long time, through their school or college years and have somehow managed to get past the confusion of sexual tension.

If you can hold on to a platonic relationship, it’s one of the best things you can do. It gives you a better perspective of the opposite sex.

But more often than not, it’s the guy who tries to twist the platonic relationship into a sexual one. [Read: 20 conversation signs that reveal if he’s getting attracted to you]

Why is it so hard for a guy to look at a girl as a friend?

A guy just can’t stay friends with a girl he finds attractive. At some point of time, your guy friend would feel the need to take a peek down your blouse and do more if he gets the opportunity.

Evolution has taught him to sow. It’s what he does best. Unless he can weigh the relationship in his mind and truly understand that both of you are better off being just friends because the relationship is more meaningful and safer this way, he’ll always look for subtle opportunities to get frisky with you.

So if you’re a girl and have no sexual interest in your guy best friend, the relationship could still enter murky waters if he decides to pursue you.

Do you need this relationship?

The hope of a platonic relationship comes down to this simple question. Do you really need it?

Your friends and family may be confused. Your own partner may always feel threatened by the close relationship you share with this attractive friend. And deep down inside, you’ll never know for sure if your friend likes you or is sexually attracted to you. [Read: How to make your jealous boyfriend feel less jealous]

With so many odds stacked against your favor, is a platonic relationship worth the effort?

How to have a platonic relationship

If you’re not threatened by all these worries, and still feel like you and your best friend of the opposite sex have what it takes to share a platonic friendship, read on.

A platonic relationship is never easy to begin with, but once the ball starts rolling, it can definitely be a happy relationship that’ll stand the test of time.

Avoid too much physical intimacy

One of the most important things you need to avoid, especially at the start of a relationship, is cuddling up with your best friend. Almost always, even a simple thing like cuddling together under a blanket while watching a movie could give way to romantic or sexual ideas in one or both of your heads.

If you want to cuddle and you’re a girl, get a gay best friend. If you’re a guy and want to cuddle, stay away from girls! [Read: How to tell if a guy is gay by reading the signs]

Banish the temptation

Sexual tension always makes things awkward. And it always gets in the way when both of you are unfamiliar with each other’s bodies.

Now I’m not telling you to get naked in front of each other just to get familiar with each other’s assets, but both of you should learn to look at each other’s bodies without sexual appreciation. Familiarity and a lot of time spent together could help you with that.

And even if your friend makes a move on you one eventful day by getting on top of you or by trying to kiss you, push them away by treating them like a child, or call them silly names for behaving in such a stupid manner. It’s not easy, but it’s your only way to deal with the situation without driving a wedge in your platonic friendship. [Read: I’m in love with my best friend… what next?]

10 tips to hold on to a platonic friendship

If you want to hold on to a platonic relationship and stay friends for a long time, here are 10 things you need to keep in mind.

#1 Understand what you stand to lose by giving in to temptation, a really special friendship.

#2 Never let the sexual tension build up.

#3 Don’t create awkward sexual conversations or flirt while texting. Remember, it’s very easy for two people of opposite genders to get carried away in each other’s company.

#4 Get familiar with each other’s touch. Don’t be soft and gentle when you touch your friend, be aggressive. Don’t touch softly on the arm, instead pat hard on the shoulder. And don’t graze your palm or linger your touch, be quick and firm when you touch your friend.

#5 Make it very clear that you’re not interested in your friend sexually. Point out a few traits that your friend has and mention that you could never date someone like that. Even if it hurts, it makes it clear that both of you are going to stay as best friends.

#6 Emphasize on how much the friendship matters to you every now and then to your friend.

#7 Avoid weak moments of passion. Even if the spark is ignited in just one weak moment, it takes years to extinguish it. Sometimes, it never gets extinguished, it just stays hidden.

#8 Don’t get addicted to each other. Have more friends of the opposite sex so you know how to handle yourself. Sometimes, it’s easy to get confused over your emotions if your relationship with your best friend is one of a kind to you.

#9 Show off your bad side. When you get too familiar with someone and reveal your clumsy side, it can help them overlook you as a dating potential.

#10 Talk about your crushes and your partner. A lot. If your platonic friend considers you as just a friend, they’d be more than happy to spend hours plotting ways to make your romantic life more interesting.

I also want to add that in reality platonic relationships are not that easy to keep. You have to really work at it to keep it non-romantic. This is why I think it is silly to believe that Cloud X Tifa are in a platonic relationship. It just doesn't make any sense from what we know of them. After reading this I can safely say that Cloud X Tifa does not have a platonic relationship at all no matter how hard you try to make them out to be.

Top Bottom