Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Hiiii

So there might be a rotten tweet in one of the posts on this page, as it keeps crashing my phone of all things when I try to see this thread — it’s been like this for a week or so, so it’s a few posts back I bet. I had to come back to Page 1 to write this (:

Anyway that’s why I haven’t been able to like the latest posts but I bet Graymouse is still bringin the goods and I appreciate it!!

I think what might be happening is your phone doesn't like GIFs. I have posted a few tweets that have GIFs in them in the last couple of posts. That might be the problem. I hope that you can get it fixed so you can see all the goodies! :D

Reactions: Ite

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Nope, for some reason, it's just page 294. BUT NOW WE ARE NO LONGER ON PAGE 294!!!

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Nope, for some reason, it's just page 294. BUT NOW WE ARE NO LONGER ON PAGE 294!!!
Are you sure it's not that your phone can't handle all the twitter links trying to load? This thread is a nightmare even for my phone and computer because of that, that's why I don't come in here lol.

Ite

AKA
Ite
iPhone 8? Only one way to find out, let’s load this page tf out with CloTi!!!!

7odes8tgw7f51.jpg

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Are you sure it's not that your phone can't handle all the twitter links trying to load?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the weight of all the Twitter links. It's awfully heavy for my PC as well :wacky:

But @Graymouse thanks for your weekly hard work! We can't stop stanning this couple, they are so admirable.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Are you sure it's not that your phone can't handle all the twitter links trying to load? This thread is a nightmare even for my phone and computer because of that, that's why I don't come in here lol.
I had the same problem on the last page, though it only started for me today and it seems to be working fine for my phone now

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
So, I guess I should cut down on the amount of pics of Tifa and Cloud. Sorry guys it was not my intention to mess up your phones and computers. I do want everyone to enjoy the pictures of TifA and Cloud though. So maybe I won't put so many per post...

Ite

AKA
Ite
Hmm... if it really is a loading issue (I have no idea why when I can load so much crap in a single go on this phone) spoiler tags should solve the problem, no? It’s a bit of extra work but it wouldn’t front-load the page quite so much.

1600712241121.png
I couldn’t find the source for this one, its in a deviantart group but no artist.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
A little gift I made for @odekopeko ! A smutty AU fic with Cloud and Tifa Sinuosity, which was a really interesting writing exercise for me who usually write them in universe when I do. It made me think a lot about CloTi and their bond, I seriously need to post about it, but for now I'm just happy to have managed to post this :D

Edit: shit, I forgot to say it's R18 lol.

Last edited:

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
A little gift I made for @odekopeko ! A smutty AU fic with Cloud and Tifa Sinuosity, which was a really interesting writing exercise for me who usually write them in universe when I do. It made me think a lot about CloTi and their bond, I seriously need to post about it, but for now I'm just happy to have managed to post this :D

Edit: shit, I forgot to say it's R18 lol.

A gift for @odekopeko but a treat for the rest of us! Really enjoyed it and that R18 scene fits really well with a recently released smutty animation by a Twitter user whose name starts with "H" ;)

Here is some not explicitly Cloti news but has some in the Cloti fandom quite happy. Square Enix is releasing an acoustic arrangement for FF7R and they have Tifa's theme mixed with the FF7 Main Theme (aka Cloud's theme). Just another one of many ways where Cloud and Tifa are sooo compatible.

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/music/sem/page/ff7r_aa/

1601700439473.png

a_apple

Pro Adventurer
AKA
orange
A gift for @odekopeko but a treat for the rest of us! Really enjoyed it and that R18 scene fits really well with a recently released smutty animation by a Twitter user whose name starts with "H" ;)

Here is some not explicitly Cloti news but has some in the Cloti fandom quite happy. Square Enix is releasing an acoustic arrangement for FF7R and they have Tifa's theme mixed with the FF7 Main Theme (aka Cloud's theme). Just another one of many ways where Cloud and Tifa are sooo compatible.

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/music/sem/page/ff7r_aa/

View attachment 7829
I listen to the Jenova theme and it's so fucking good O:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Something I want to talk about, since it's a little dead over here, and I wrote a few days ago on my blog here, is the quality of the cloti bond. I just wanted to add something that I've thought about afterwards; I have read a lot of mangas, saw a lot of "childhood friends" trope being used. However, it never had the same quality that the cloti bond has; the cloti bond runs deeper.

Let me develop a bit; usually when the childhood friends trope is used, you see the guy or the girl remembering the other, but rarely is there a deep connection between them, even if they "loved" each other as children. They will wonder about the other, but not understand really each other - their human qualities, if I may say so. Just like with cloti, usually the girl will trust the guy, even if he's being a twat (to my dismay) - here Tifa only trusts Cloud when she sees his kindness first hand. In cloti, there is a knowledge of each other that I don't find in childhood friends pairs - or that are badly represented. I'd argue that childhood friends are better represented in male friendships - friendship, knowledge, being casual around each other, that is a stronger bond than the childhood friends lovers trope - except for cloti.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Something I want to talk about, since it's a little dead over here, and I wrote a few days ago on my blog here, is the quality of the cloti bond. I just wanted to add something that I've thought about afterwards; I have read a lot of mangas, saw a lot of "childhood friends" trope being used. However, it never had the same quality that the cloti bond has; the cloti bond runs deeper.

Let me develop a bit; usually when the childhood friends trope is used, you see the guy or the girl remembering the other, but rarely is there a deep connection between them, even if they "loved" each other as children. They will wonder about the other, but not understand really each other - their human qualities, if I may say so. Just like with cloti, usually the girl will trust the guy, even if he's being a twat (to my dismay) - here Tifa only trusts Cloud when she sees his kindness first hand. In cloti, there is a knowledge of each other that I don't find in childhood friends pairs - or that are badly represented. I'd argue that childhood friends are better represented in male friendships - friendship, knowledge, being casual around each other, that is a stronger bond than the childhood friends lovers trope - except for cloti.

This is precisely how I am able to be both a Cloti and a Cleris. While I do find all of the CloTi pandering in Remake delightful, they simply aren’t right for each other right now because there isn’t that deep understanding yet — building that understanding (especially of each other’s flaws and blind spots) isn’t just their character arcs, it’s part of the adventure itself. (Remake makes up for this by not only having both of them be jaw-droppingly sexy, but clearly sparking off each other at all times).

FF7 makes a good habit of establishing a trope, playing it straight for a while, and then subverting it. With CloTi we get this a few times. Often the childhood friend isn’t a party member (I also mean this in a non-vg sense, see: Winfry from FMA) — not only is Tifa one of the main player characters, she takes over as MAIN character when Cloud goes awol. The game also psyches ya out twice by introducing and then de-introducing Aeris. What results is a slow burn of romance between them, even when the trope would normally mean that a romance is a foregone conclusion, somehow it isn’t.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
What I really enjoy with Remake, and that you could not see with the OG, is the cloti bond developping and deepening. You see all the signals and everything that Cloud does that IS deserving her attention; you see her worrying for him, and caring; you see them being able to save each other, to fight by each other's side; you see them doing their things when action is taking place on the background; you see him regularily checking on her.

In the OG, at that point, I remember not being a shipper; I only used the Tifa answers to push Aerith away because she was annoying me with romance I did not want. To me Cloud was an arse and I didn't get why both girls were interested in him (bad translation also does not help lol, the French translation was even worse than the EN one I think). I also did not like how the game was pushing Cloud and Aerith together - I hated it in fact, because I do not like to be told what to think. Interestingly, one could say the reverse with Remake, that it's "pushing" Cloud and Tifa together; but because of their history, I think it is much better done. And you also see Tifa hesitating, you see Cloud being really kind, Tifa doesn't really flirts with Cloud (it's Cloud who flirts with her and her who puts a little distance between them). I remember thinking, during the bar scene, how heartbreaking that was, to see that distance between them, and then little by little shrinking. But Remake feels much more like a story that is told, in which you have in the end little choice - that doesn't bother me, because the story is good, and even chapter 18 is super interesting to dissect imho.

I feel that there is really a lot to tell about how cloti is being developped here in this game; it's sooooo different than what it was from the OG. And during months, we found details out - even recently, we knew they had matching outfits, but it turns out they have also matching accessories, can you imagine Cloud seeing Tifa dressed up in the carriage and being like "I want to wear something of this colour with this accessory" when he gets dressed lmao? But in all seriousness, I really appreciate that, because the OG did a really poor job to be able to surprise us the player during the Lifestream scene, which imho made the pairing less "believable". To me, it looks like they are correcting that time-long mistake, because they are able to tell the story without worrying about surprising us, since Aerith's death & the Lifestream scene aren't the surprise this time around. This makes the story, at least for this game, flow better within the Compilation.

Top Bottom