• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I made a post in my blog about Tifa's theme, but I wanted to bring it here so we can discuss it!

As a reminder, @odekopeko had found this picture of the music sheet from Tifa's theme in OG:

Tifa-theme-OG (2).jpg
And her translation:

Next to "playing point": The theme was created with the image of Cloud and Tifa's reunion, and the promise they made that day in their youth. It's suggested to be played with gentle feelings/emotions.

I do think that we've all enjoyed talking about how her theme is around reunion and the promise, which are the two biggest themes for cloti, but with Remake, it seems that they changed that a bit (or maybe it's better to say thta they actually added to that, since the main theme is still the same):

Tifa-theme.jpg

This time the picture is mine, from the Ultimania, and here is what Peko translated:

The original version of Tifa's Theme song featured woodwinds and portrayed a strong pastoral image. In this work, we wanted to express more of Tifa's enveloping kindness toward her childhood friend, Cloud, so we focused on the piano, aiming for a sound that would show the kind of healing that makes them feel relaxed when Cloud and the others arrive back at Seventh Heaven.

The second paragraph is about the arrangement and instrumentation, so it's more complicated and she hasn't looked at it yet :D

It is to note that they talk about Cloud and the others (Cloud-tachi :D), specifically singling out Cloud and how they wanted Tifa's theme to show just how kind she is with Cloud and how relaxed that makes him :') I don't know, I just enjoy that they go as far as putting cloti into Tifa's theme, and even go further and add some other tidbit, like "look, this is the effect Tifa has on Cloud, period."

Edited the second translation from "we decided on the piano" to "we focused on the piano".

Last edited:

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
I made a post in my blog about Tifa's theme, but I wanted to bring it here so we can discuss it!

As a reminder, @odekopeko had found this picture of the music sheet from Tifa's theme in OG:

And her translation:

I do think that we've all enjoyed talking about how her theme is around reunion and the promise, which are the two biggest themes for cloti, but with Remake, it seems that they changed that a bit (or maybe it's better to say thta they actually added to that, since the main theme is still the same):

This time the picture is mine, from the Ultimania, and here is what Peko translated:

The second paragraph is about the arrangement and instrumentation, so it's more complicated and she hasn't looked at it yet :D

It is to note that they talk about Cloud and the others (Cloud-tachi :D), specifically singling out Cloud and how they wanted Tifa's theme to show just how kind she is with Cloud and how relaxed that makes him :') I don't know, I just enjoy that they go as far as putting cloti into Tifa's theme, and even go further and add some other tidbit, like "look, this is the effect Tifa has on Cloud, period."

Thanks for sharing! I love little tidbits like this. It seems that they have been very consistent in conveying the fact that Cloud is able to feel comfortable / relaxed around Tifa. This was share in the interviews, portrayed through interactions in game and now even expressed through Tifa's theme. There was also that special soundtrack that combines Tifa's theme with Cloud's theme (main theme).

I absolutely agree with your view that in the Remake, even SOLDIER!Cloud is more at ease with Tifa. I say this because I did not actively ship this couple prior to the Remake but it was after seeing how gentle they are towards each other that I became an active shipper!

I'd like to think that all these points to the developers working towards a more conclusive ending to Cloud and Tifa's relationship. It's almost like they can't even wait for True!Cloud to be revealed to show his affection towards Tifa. Why go through so much detail to set up the fact that Cloud and Tifa have a special connection if it doesn't lead to any pay off. However, the cynical me thinks that they might cop out and still refrain from explicitly labelling Cloud and Tifa as an official couple because debates are good for engagements and perhaps sales.

I really hope to be proven wrong.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Oh, even in the OG SOLDIER!Cloud was interested in Tifa - you could never be mean to her, and you could have answers that favoured her and end up in the GS date with her! I think people tend to forget that because true!Cloud is all about Tifa, but Cloud, his fake persona and true self, has always been attracted to her.

I don't think they're shying away from a conclusive answer - in fact I think there was a conclusive answer in both OG and subsequent works (ACC, namely but also the novels), but some people refuse it. It's not very Japanese to give a straight answer, but to me the LTD was born out of a misunderstanding baked in mistranslations in the OG. When the Ultimanias repeatedly go that Cloud and Tifa realised their feelings and are living together after, you have to wonder whyt he fandom doesn't accept them as the canon couple. I think the Remake is correcting that - and the high amount of UST is playing right into Tifa's famous line "words aren't the only way...", a high amount of UST that has to pay off somewhere down the line. Because you don't put that amount and kind of interactions if your intent isn't on that pair.

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
Oh, even in the OG SOLDIER!Cloud was interested in Tifa - you could never be mean to her, and you could have answers that favoured her and end up in the GS date with her!

That certainly flew past me during my initial play through years ago but I'm happy to see it being made much more obvious in the Remake.

Speaking of all that UST, what are the chances that we will see a kiss? How do you think they will depict the highwind scene? I'd really like to see something like that Tidus & Yuna scene in FFX. In fact, when playing FFX, that scene reminded me of a mix of the lifestream and the starry night sky. I wouldn't be surprise to hear that the scene may have been inspired by FF7, especially when there are rumors of both worlds being linked (with the presence of Shinra in both games).

JT77fp

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Oh, even in the OG SOLDIER!Cloud was interested in Tifa - you could never be mean to her, and you could have answers that favoured her and end up in the GS date with her!
20 mins into the OG and Cloud could already tease Tifa about sleeping beside her. Similar in a way to the "Beautiful" remark in 7R. Funnily in the OG, Cloud got more shy/embarrassed around Tifa the more he became himself and the more their true feelings for each other surfaced, compared to the corny pickup lines his alternate personality was dishing out at the start of the game! To be fair, Tifa was just as bad: "Oh Cloud, you're so brave" ?

I think that is realistic behaviour though, and came across well in the OG. I wonder if remake will follow the same path. Of course, after a few years living together, their mannerisms become that of familiarity: waking up beside each other, discussing vegetables and whatnot. They're not awkward anymore, just rather depressed! :P

But going back to the game, OG Highwind was about them awkwardly expressing their feelings. Certainly there was tension at the start of the scene. In the remake, it would be nice to utilise the graphics and voices to convey that, but also to show their body language become more relaxed as they talk. Tifa was crying in the OG. Was it happy tears, or bittersweet thinking they'd found love only to be killed the next day? Hard to say with polygon characters...

Last edited:

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I feel like Aerith at some point has also been described as such but really, I don’t pay much attention to the specifics of which character gets described as what, whether it’s “heroine” or “love interest” or the K-word or whatever.

You could obviously have more than one heroine or love interest, so without getting too deep into LTD territory I’ll just say some people read too much into specific words to try to gauge the intentions of the devs when it’s really not necessary. Sometimes words are just words.

Besides, I’m sure our favorite bartender would agree that words aren’t the only way to tell someone how you feel... ;)

Eerie

Fire and Blood
She has been for the OG, but not for Remake - they've been very careful to not give her that role. I've said it plenty, but Aerith transcends her OG role, so she is not the heroine anymore because she has to take care of Sephiroth.

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
Thanks @Graymouse for the fan art. We miss your updates!

You could obviously have more than one heroine or love interest, so without getting too deep into LTD territory I’ll just say some people read too much into specific words to try to gauge the intentions of the devs when it’s really not necessary. Sometimes words are just words.

That's true, you could be a heroine and still not be a love interest or vice versa. Although, shipping aside, I do like to see Tifa being properly acknowledged as a heroine for the important role she plays rather than a side character. I always kinda had the feeling that because party members were customizable for the most part, some people who did not complete the game or go beyond Disc 1 don't fully understand the role she plays.

She has been for the OG, but not for Remake - they've been very careful to not give her that role. I've said it plenty, but Aerith transcends her OG role, so she is not the heroine anymore because she has to take care of Sephiroth.

She is pretty much an

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
More good news about our favorite couple. Cloti happens to be on Tumblr's "100 Top Ships of 2020".

Cloti is placed at no. 79 and is the only Final Fantasy couple to have made the list!

1607409688450.png

Apparently there are also other "year in reviews" on Japanese sites where Cloud and Tifa ranked relatively high. Not the ship per se but both characters were most searched or something along these lines.

It's awesome to see how so many are supporting this ship even though we're technically only at Disc 1 for the Remake. At this stage it's mostly skinship and the fact that they both look so good together. We haven't even seen their devotion towards each other.

I hope this ship gets even more popular as the other parts of the Remake are released!

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
In your opinion which version of Tifa's Theme do you like the best?

If I would have to pick I would have to say the OG version. Something about the instruments echoing and the feeling of yearning for each other! So, nostalgic!

I really do like "The Star in Seventh Heaven" version in the Remake too.

I also I can't believe they finally orchestrated her theme in the Remake!

I guess it is so hard to pick one! :joy:

Oh, and here are some more fanart.

:D

We are getting more info from the translated Ultimania.

Last edited:

TifaxCloud

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
TiaxZatch
does anyone happen to have the quote where a developer confirmed Cloud was flirting with Tifa at the bar?

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
does anyone happen to have the quote where a developer confirmed Cloud was flirting with Tifa at the bar?

I am not certain that one exists. Perhaps one of our fan club members who is more studious at finding those type of things than myself could find one.

Anyways, thought I would drop some fan art for everyone to enjoy! Stay safe everyone and I hope that you all have a happy holiday and and happy New years!

Eerie

Fire and Blood
In all honesty, I do think the flirting doesn't show up that much in English. At least, compared to the French translation where they are flirting heavily lol.

TifaxCloud

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
TiaxZatch
In all honesty, I do think the flirting doesn't show up that much in English. At least, compared to the French translation where they are flirting heavily lol.
Exactly! Honestly I think they did that so the Aerith fans wouldn’t get mad lol. The Japanese version I heard has Cloud caring more for Tifa than the English one suggests, I read that they cut out Cloud saying Tifa’s name 60 times in English when he did so in Japanese for example.
Which is why I wanted that quote where the devs confirmed he was flirting which I SWEAR I read but could be wrong. They made it so ambiguous in English that it’s kinda sad that we need dev quotes to be absolutely sure

Top Bottom