• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Humming

Pro Adventurer
Hi, I don't know if this is the place to post it but I didn't play the game since I was a kid and focused in other franchises, but years after I followed the lore via walkthroughs and felt that the game was special indeed.

So, this ship feels brand new to me since I picked up the remake last month (after delaying it since forever) and blasted through it and my brain immediately clicked on Cloud and Tifa's relationship like, wow, was it THAT obvious in the original game? I did play Crisis Core and watched AC, and what I've read the past days about Ultimania's and such really tried to point about tidbits on Cloud's feeling but sometimes they wouldn't even make the effort to hide that Cloud and Tifa's feelings are the true goal, kinda hidden in plain sight with all of Cloud's trauma. I just... don't know, dind't expect to ship them so hard, I usually don't get so invested, but seeing Cloud struggling to hug her, fighting against that Soldier fachade. Damn.

When I remembered what I saw about the OG, I didn't recall Tifa and ClOud being so close at the beginning, nor Cloud being so 'trueCloud' around her early in the game. My question is, do we know how will the remake unfolds comparing to the original? Is there a possibility that they will have some fixed points in time (like Doctor Who) that are set on stone and can't be changed no matter what? Or will they unfold the plot in a different way? I don't really understand if the point of this remake is give even more depth to the old game focusing in what tech allows nowadays and was impossible back then, or if they do really want to reinvent the original story and give it a twist, making the remake a whole different story with the same beloved characters.

I don't recall a lot of character interactions from the OG, but even I can tell that the remake is handling things very carefully between Cloud and Tifa. Not just the facial expressions that were impossible to show in such detail like they are being displayed now, but also the lack of choices we have in the expanded Midgar part regarding interactions with the girls. Every interaction between the Nibelheim duo can be studied a couple times focusing in different things. Cloud's eyes are what usually betray his thoughts in this part, same as Tifa who has a wider variety of facial expressions. But oh boy, their body language is a different story. I'd love to link some screenshots but I suck at analysing these things and it probably has been addressed.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, is there any more threads to discuss this topic or some kind of podcast/analysis to listen?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
When I remembered what I saw about the OG, I didn't recall Tifa and ClOud being so close at the beginning, nor Cloud being so 'trueCloud' around her early in the game. My question is, do we know how will the remake unfolds comparing to the original? Is there a possibility that they will have some fixed points in time (like Doctor Who) that are set on stone and can't be changed no matter what? Or will they unfold the plot in a different way? I don't really understand if the point of this remake is give even more depth to the old game focusing in what tech allows nowadays and was impossible back then, or if they do really want to reinvent the original story and give it a twist, making the remake a whole different story with the same beloved characters.

Your post is long (and interesting), so I'm going to focus about this ;)

I think - and always thought - that the OG was too subtle about cloti until the Northern Crater. To simply put it, the devs used the trope of Aerith being the "love interest" to make players attached to her. But in return, they made cloti really hidden. You can see it while talking to NPC outside the bar, and also, something really subtle... is that you can't be a jerk to Tifa ever. And she's the only one you can't be a jerk to.

The devs have however stated that this is how the characters have always been in their minds - and Nojima (the writer) even said that with the OG, you'd have a lot of imagination going on to fill the gap, while with Remake, it'd be extremely in your face with the realistic style. This is why cloti shines so much in Remake. They also have expanded on the characters (and their characterisations), and did indeed add a looooooooot of cloti. I do think that they did realise their mistake in the OG, which was push Aerith too much as the love interest, so when Cloud's feelings were revealed in the Lifestream, people did not believe it. So they are "correcting" that view by making it way more obvious.

Finally, the devs have also stated that they were keeping the general skeleton of the events - just like in part 1, Remake feels very much like FFVII but is at the same time very different. I expect the general story to be the same - the only shenanigans I'd say is with Zack and the new Sephiroth, and probably Aerith because Zack is connected to her. What could they be doing, I really don't know ^^'

I would advise you to read the posts made by @insanehobbit in this very FC, but... her posts may be a bit old. She has some great scenes analysis, so please go ahead and read her posts. I think that generally, TLS is the most "level-head" discussions you will find about cloti or clerith. We're pretty chill in here. There's an LTD thread too, but honestly it's dead because well... it's been a year already lol.

Edit: typo and forgot a word -_-

Last edited:

Humming

Pro Adventurer
Finally, the devs have also stated that they were keeping the general skeleton of the events - just like in part 1, Remake feels very much like FFVII but is at the same time very different. I expect the general story to be the same - the only shenanigans I'd say is with Zack and the new Sephiroth, and probably Aerith because Zack is connected to her. What could they be doinh, I really don't know ^^'

I would advise you to read the posts made by @insanehobbit in this very FC, but... her posts may be a bit old. She has some great scenes analysis, so please go ahead and read her posts. I think that generally, TLS is the most "level-head" discussions you will find about cloti or clerith. We're pretty chill in here. There's an LTD thread too, but honestly it's dead because well... it's been a year already lol.

Well, knowing that the big picture will be pretty similar is nice. As a KH player, I'm always reluctant when I see Nomura involved (even tho he's no longer directing the 2nd part as far as I know).

I think it's pretty solid what you are pointing about bringing Aerith as a love interest to reinforce the shock of her death. To be honest, even though I watched the game instead of playing it, the whole Lifestream thing was simply amazing but I understand why people who played the OG on release cling to Aerith's death, because you don't expect someone like her to die, you expect something magnificent in the last minute to save her, but that doesn't happen. And with that, the player carries a little piece of the guilt Cloud drags through the game. That said, Aerith's death scene and the LS one will carry a lot of details if they are portrayed in the remake, and probably will clarify things for some people who still are in doubt.

Thanks a lot, I'll definitely check the posts you have pointed out, although I'm late to the party, it's a warm feeling to find deep analysis, theories and more. The next part of the remake will surely bring a lot to discuss.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Well, knowing that the big picture will be pretty similar is nice. As a KH player, I'm always reluctant when I see Nomura involved (even tho he's no longer directing the 2nd part as far as I know).

I think it's pretty solid what you are pointing about bringing Aerith as a love interest to reinforce the shock of her death. To be honest, even though I watched the game instead of playing it, the whole Lifestream thing was simply amazing but I understand why people who played the OG on release cling to Aerith's death, because you don't expect someone like her to die, you expect something magnificent in the last minute to save her, but that doesn't happen. And with that, the player carries a little piece of the guilt Cloud drags through the game. That said, Aerith's death scene and the LS one will carry a lot of details if they are portrayed in the remake, and probably will clarify things for some people who still are in doubt.

Thanks a lot, I'll definitely check the posts you have pointed out, although I'm late to the party, it's a warm feeling to find deep analysis, theories and more. The next part of the remake will surely bring a lot to discuss.
Yeah, I second pretty much everything @Eerie said. Splitting the remake into parts kinda forced the devs to give more character development than what was originally seen in Midgar, for the better in my opinion.

Cloud and Tifa are always advertised as “childhood friends”, and I think some people take that to mean there’s nothing more there than that. But if you actually play the game, you know that’s not really true, since they did grow up next to each other but weren’t really friends.

But you’re not actually supposed to know that ahead of time because it’s part of the most important reveal of the story. Same thing is true of how Cloud and Tifa feel about each other, you’re not actually supposed to know what’s going on (even if it’s obvious as hell especially on Tifa’s end) until that part of the story.

I’ll admit when I first played the OG, I paid more attention to Tifa because I already knew about Aerith anyways but I didn’t particularly care about who Cloud wanted to have sex with either way. And so the Lifestream scene really blew me away, not for any shipping reasons really, but for what just made sense for who the characters really are.

It could definitely come out of left field for those who paid more attention to Aerith so I think the remake at least makes Cloud and Tifa a lot more believable even before we really get to the meat of their relationship (unless you purposely skip or don't pay attention to all of Cloud and Tifa’s scenes lol).

Last edited:

Humming

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I second pretty much everything @Eerie said. Splitting the remake into parts kinda forced the devs to give more character development than what was originally seen in Midgar, for the better in my opinion.

Cloud and Tifa are always advertised as “childhood friends”, and I think some people take that to mean there’s nothing more there than that. But if you actually play the game, you know that’s not really true, since they did grow up next to each other but weren’t really friends.

But you’re not actually supposed to know that ahead of time because it’s part of the most important reveal of the story. Same thing is true of how Cloud and Tifa feel about each other, you’re not actually supposed to know what’s going on (even if it’s obvious as hell especially on Tifa’s end) until that part of the story.

I’ll admit when I first played the OG, I paid more attention to Tifa because I already knew about Aerith anyways but I didn’t particularly care about who Cloud wanted to have sex with either way. And so the Lifestream scene really blew me away, not for any shipping reasons really, but for what just made sense for who the characters really are.

It could definitely come out of left field for those who paid more attention to Aerith so I think the remake at least makes Cloud and Tifa a lot more believable even before we really get to the meat of their relationship (unless you purposely skip or don't pay attention to all of Cloud and Tifa’s scenes lol).

Yeah, the Lifestream scene is essential for Cloud, Tifa and the game itself. I don't really think they will change it or make a different recovery of Cloud's true self with the hints that are given to us in this first part. And even if they intend to make something different instead of that scene, it has to be Tifa. If Cloud was knocked into the LS with any other, he probably wouldn't be able to recover his mind.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Ahah, I spent a lot of time arguing this in this very forum last week I think? XD

This reminds me that I saw recently a quote from Nojima saying that he tied Zack and Aerith as much as possible in CC, and it made me think about cloti and how Cloud and Tifa's stories are intertwined. It is really neat, and it allows the pairings to have themes and motifs that shippers love - I guess this is why zerith was an instant hit, although it did take time for cloti to really become the main pair of FFVII and its subsequent Compilation.

Humming

Pro Adventurer
At this point all we need is an on screen kiss (and make it non-skippable), then we'll find peace.

Under the Highwind where you at?!

Oh a kiss would be amazing but I don't think if SE is willing to end the war in such an obvious way, after so many years of trying to be ambiguous about it.

A lot of the fanbase still interpret AC as a proof that Cloti doesn't work (which can be interpreted that way, but I think is the opposite), so imagine the backlash if they ended it with a kiss on screen (please do it!).

Under the Highwind will be amazing because we will see their faces as they confess, but probably the devs will use the good old fade to black.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Oh a kiss would be amazing but I don't think if SE is willing to end the war in such an obvious way, after so many years of trying to be ambiguous about it.

A lot of the fanbase still interpret AC as a proof that Cloti doesn't work (which can be interpreted that way, but I think is the opposite), so imagine the backlash if they ended it with a kiss on screen (please do it!).

Under the Highwind will be amazing because we will see their faces as they confess, but probably the devs will use the good old fade to black.
I don’t know if they ever tried to be ambiguous considering the kind of language they use to describe the Lifestream and under the Highwind scenes…Maybe the question of whether or not Cloud and Tifa were officially boyfriend and girlfriend wasn’t something the devs felt was important to explicitly state. There’s also the thing I brought up about not spoiling the nature of Cloud and Tifa’s feelings.

I think anybody who interprets AC the way you described kinda missed the point of the movie but the movie’s not very good in terms of how the plot and characters are handled even though I like the ideas, so I don’t really blame anybody for interpreting the movie that way.

As far as ending the LTD goes, if they go that far with under the Highwind then I guess there wasn’t really a debate to begin with if this is the way the characters were always meant to be. I mean, actually showing a kiss doesn’t exactly change what we already know about these two awkward dorks, just kinda leaves less to the imagination.

But an unskippable on-screen under the Highwind kiss? I’m not much of a shipper so my money’s on the fade-to-black thing being what they do, but admittedly the shit-stirrer in me is morbidly curious to see what kind of CHAOS™ such a development will produce online lol.

Eerie

Fire and Blood

AC was shitty in terms of characterisations, ACC was much better, with Cloud's motivations being explained much better - however the movie remains very hard to understand, in terms of narrative, if you haven't read OtWtaS (especially Case of Tifa). And you are right, ACC is meant to show that cloti are meant to be lol. Nojima's own words were that while writing he knew that Cloud and Tifa would be back together. I think a lot of people miss that the ONE BIG THEME in cloti is "reunion". Like, the reason why Tifa made Cloud promise to come and save her was a way for her to make sure that they'd meet again. CLoud being like "we meet again" at the end of the Lifestream scene, her OG theme being about her waiting for Cloud (and most probably a male-female duet too). Is it really surprising that despite going through a rough patch during the movie, they will reunite once again?

I don’t know if they ever tried to be ambiguous considering the kind of language they use to describe the Lifestream and under the Highwind scenes…Maybe the question of whether or not Cloud and Tifa were officially boyfriend and girlfriend wasn’t something the devs felt was important to explicitly state. There’s also the thing I brought up about not spoiling the nature of Cloud and Tifa’s feelings.

Yeah I don't think they wanted to ever be ambiguous. Looking back at the OG, narration-wise, once the Lifestream scene happens, you know where Cloud's heart is; the Lifestream scene is basically a hugeeeeeeeee love confession to Tifa. It's just that it took so many players by surprise that they did not want to believe it because until then they had control over Cloud's feelings - however that truly disappears then. He's back to being himself, wholly, and a great part of him is all about loving Tifa (used to be a secret). But the narrative serves the purpose; you feel in control of Cloud until the Northern Crater because he's not in control of himself. Going past that, he's taking back control of his own body and thoughts. So in a way, it's really a neat narrative tool, but I think it's made too many people being misguided there, which is why in Remake... we have much much less control over Cloud, and why his true personality tends to show up around Tifa (more relaxed etc.).

Phantasia

Pro Adventurer
Call it a hunch but I think they are going for a cleaner, less abiguous narrative this time around. Without spoiling anything, certain things in the recently released DLC were screaming the direction they are choosing from this point forward (at least for me). Tifa's popularity may play a role in this too, I mean... after Cloud, she IS the face of Final Fantasy 7 (I feel they were expecting Aerith to fill that spot after the OG, beacuse you know, her death and all that jazz, but that wasn't the case), with a role, be it minor or mayor, in every part of the compilation, and representing the game alongside Cloud in other installments (Dissidia for example).

Humming

Pro Adventurer
Britt Baron engaged to her childhood koibito

When the character becomes a part of yourself lmao

AC was shitty in terms of characterisations, ACC was much better, with Cloud's motivations being explained much better - however the movie remains very hard to understand, in terms of narrative, if you haven't read OtWtaS (especially Case of Tifa). And you are right, ACC is meant to show that cloti are meant to be lol. Nojima's own words were that while writing he knew that Cloud and Tifa would be back together. I think a lot of people miss that the ONE BIG THEME in cloti is "reunion". Like, the reason why Tifa made Cloud promise to come and save her was a way for her to make sure that they'd meet again. CLoud being like "we meet again" at the end of the Lifestream scene, her OG theme being about her waiting for Cloud (and most probably a male-female duet too). Is it really surprising that despite going through a rough patch during the movie, they will reunite once again?

Yeah, ACC improved the original cut, but even though they did well in portraying Cloud as a kind of absent father, the resolution (for me) was a bit lackluster in terms of Cloud and Tifa interactions. At the end, when Cloud looks up from the children playing around he notices the group and Tifa, and that's when the camera focus and Tifa and she looks at Cloud like saying 'finally, you are back' but Clouds expression was so mild that I don't know if he smiles briefly or doesn't react, I watched the film a long time ago. Still, even if the creators dind't spoke a single thing about them and the intention of the film, for me it was pretty obvious that they wanted to portray their lives after the game and how nothing is perfect, but the characters are still living their life. I doubt there's a single relationship out there that didn't have to work through something, like they did in ACC with Cloud's bs of 'yeah, I'm off to die alone so you won't worry'.

frosty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Snowman
Phantasia said:
Call it a hunch but I think they are going for a cleaner, less ambiguous narrative this time around.
I think so too, I'm not sure if you're a new player, but you've been following FF7 for long as I have, they have been making slow, progressive steps in that direction, especially when you look at the chronology of development. But the bar for them to be accepted as "official" just seems to keep moving.

Aug 2005: AC
Cloud and Tifa are living together, and she's wearing a matching ring, raising kids with him, they are called a family.
Fanbase: He's pining for Aerith, it doesn't count.

Sept 2005: KH II
Tifa is implied to be Cloud's light.
Fanbase: It's an AU, it doesn't count

Sept 2007: CC
Let's have some actual physical affection from Cloud this time! And lets make sure no one disputes that Zerith was a Real Thing.
Fanbase: It's set in the past, it doesn't count

April 2009: OTWTAS
Ok, now we will show Cloud building Tifa her bar, telling her his new life will be alright because he has her, and matures enough to do things that he hates for her i.e. negotiating for her supplies without complaints (I mean, how bratty was he with the water filters?)
Fanbase: He leaves at the end, it doesn't count.

March 2011: Dissidia -012
How about we make Cloud turn traitor cos she's on the other side, lose his will to fight, challenge a God, and with his dying wish, ask to save her?

June 2015: Mobius FF
Now, Cloud will reference the promise, and have an actual excerpt from Grunt Cloud saying there's a girl from his village he thinks of, but she's out of his league.
Fanbase: See above.

Apr 2020: Remake
We'll give them a hug, which in some other FFs, is the most physical affection ever shared by the main couple.
Fanbase: He LOOKED at Aerith.

There's no winning with C/T no matter how "unambiguous" it gets. It's entertaining at this point and I'm just enjoying the ride :lol:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Clouds expression was so mild

Oh, Cloud's reaction is quite famous, especially since Uematsu confirmed that he named the music "Cloud's smile" after that scene since it left him a strong impression (since Cloud never smiled in the OG due to graphics limitations and in ACC since he was dedpressed).

I've a clerith friend who told me that AC/C were sooooooooo obviously presenting Cloud and Tifa as a couple that she didn't know why the fandom insisted otherwise. AND SHE IS CLERITH (mainly, she now kind of multships, but her main OTP is definitely clerith). But to her, it makes sense, because she's been depressed the way Cloud has about friends' deaths, so she relates a lot. But the way Cloud and Tifa are presented, and I'd argue especially in ACC, you see that it's a couple problem that they overcome. There's even an after scene where Cloud asks Tifa to close the bar for a day, so that he can take her and the kids out and spend some quality family time with them - which is something Tifa has craved for in CoT.

The ACC ending is so painfully cloti and zerith that it's honestly a wonder that people still argue about the FFVII pairing, and as @frosty said, they just keep moving the goals, so it's basically impossible to win. I was honestly shocked that we'd have such a beautiful hug (remember: it's not romantic!!!) in part *1* of the game, which has made me convinced that we will get a kiss under the Highwind. Because it can only go crescendo from there.

Humming

Pro Adventurer
I think so too, I'm not sure if you're a new player, but you've been following FF7 for long as I have, they have been making slow, progressive steps in that direction, especially when you look at the chronology of development. But the bar for them to be accepted as "official" just seems to keep moving.

Aug 2005: AC
Cloud and Tifa are living together, and she's wearing a matching ring, raising kids with him, they are called a family.
Fanbase: He's pining for Aerith, it doesn't count.

Sept 2005: KH II
Tifa is implied to be Cloud's light.

Sept 2007: CC
Let's have some actual physical affection from Cloud this time! And lets make sure no one disputes that Zerith was a Real Thing.
Fanbase: It's set in the past, it doesn't count

April 2009: OTWTAS
Ok, now we will show Cloud building Tifa her bar, telling her his new life will be alright because he has her, and matures enough to do things that he hates for her i.e. negotiating for her supplies without complaints (I mean, how bratty was he with the water filters?)
Fanbase: He leaves at the end, it doesn't count.

March 2011: Dissidia -012
How about we make Cloud turn traitor cos she's on the other side, lose his will to fight, challenge a God, and with his dying wish, ask to save her?

June 2015: Mobius FF
Now, Cloud will reference the promise, and have an actual excerpt from Grunt Cloud saying there's a girl from his village he thinks of, but she's out of his league.
Fanbase: See above.

Apr 2020: Remake
We'll give them a hug, which in some other FFs, is the most physical affection ever shared by the main couple.
Fanbase: He LOOKED at Aerith.

There's no winning with C/T no matter how "unambiguous" it gets. It's entertaining at this point and I'm just enjoying the ride :lol:

I'm sad that how some times people, to reinforce Clerith, overlook the fact that Zack is also part of the grief that grips Cloud.

Humming

Pro Adventurer
Oh, Cloud's reaction is quite famous, especially since Uematsu confirmed that he named the music "Cloud's smile" after that scene since it left him a strong impression (since Cloud never smiled in the OG due to graphics limitations and in ACC since he was dedpressed).

I've a clerith friend who told me that AC/C were sooooooooo obviously presenting Cloud and Tifa as a couple that she didn't know why the fandom insisted otherwise. AND SHE IS CLERITH (mainly, she now kind of multships, but her main OTP is definitely clerith). But to her, it makes sense, because she's been depressed the way Cloud has about friends' deaths, so she relates a lot. But the way Cloud and Tifa are presented, and I'd argue especially in ACC, you see that it's a couple problem that they overcome. There's even an after scene where Cloud asks Tifa to close the bar for a day, so that he can take her and the kids out and spend some quality family time with them - which is something Tifa has craved for in CoT.

The ACC ending is so painfully cloti and zerith that it's honestly a wonder that people still argue about the FFVII pairing, and as @frosty said, they just keep moving the goals, so it's basically impossible to win. I was honestly shocked that we'd have such a beautiful hug (remember: it's not romantic!!!) in part *1* of the game, which has made me convinced that we will get a kiss under the Highwind. Because it can only go crescendo from there.

Sorry to doblepost, I can't find the Edit button so I guess it requires a minimum activity or something.

I agree with you, no matter how biased the viewer can be, if he/she stops and thinks about the whole situation its clearly portraying Cloud and Tifa's new family and how they deal with a major issue like Geostigma and Cloud's depression and isolation. It's a film about them growing even closer with Cloud's personal growth, but that's exactly why I expected a much more warm ending. Well, english is not my main language so I struggle a bit, but what I mean is that even if I expected something more from that scene, the bit showing Tifa (oh, because it's her friend, I'm sure hehe) looking at Cloud is so cute because you can see how proud she is, and that last gesture with puppy eyes is indicative of what's going on: the second pillar of the family coming back, not your friend coming back. I'm a big fan of 'show, don't tell', so details like the wolf ring are my cup of tea, but sometimes you need to reinforce those details and I think that physical contact was needed at the end or a short exchange of words, even taking my shipping googles off.

Maybe why I'm bittersweet about ACC is that the scene felt pretty short because when Cloud shines again and sees Tifa and the rest, the film is suddenly over and wrapping things. And the remake may be making up for it a little bit?

JT77fp

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Call it a hunch but I think they are going for a cleaner, less abiguous narrative this time.
I never saw anything ambiguous when I originally played the game. But the internet has, over the years, opened my eyes to how wrong (oh so very wrong) I was! :O

Even the domestic troubles portrayed in CoT and AC remind me of, you know.... marriage. :monster:

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
At the end, when Cloud looks up from the children playing around he notices the group and Tifa, and that's when the camera focus and Tifa and she looks at Cloud like saying 'finally, you are back' but Clouds expression was so mild that I don't know if he smiles briefly or doesn't react, I watched the film a long time ago.
There’s this
1EE9C50E-A69A-4B87-A1EF-FA1A685E8FBC.jpeg
I’m not sure where the above picture comes from but all in all there’s a lot about AC that I could only appreciate after looking into supplementary materials, so it’s unfortunate that AC’s execution didn’t quite measure up since there’s some pretty interesting ideas here that don’t always come across as well as they should
4CAC5E25-3C8E-4279-B16D-D900DBC7B6A0.jpeg
EDF68C0A-C029-4172-B733-574CF00A8AE6.jpeg
I think the movie makes a lot more sense when you understand the full picture, but alas AC’s pretty weak when it comes to actually showing these things

Even the domestic troubles portrayed in CoT and AC remind me of, you know.... marriage. :monster:
Apparently the writer himself, Nojima, agrees

‘Episode Tifa’ … first off, there’s the premise that things won’t go well between Tifa and Cloud, and that even without Geostigma or Sephiroth this might be the same. I don’t really intend to go on about my views on love or marriage or family (laughs). After ACC, I guess Denzel and Marlene could help them work it out. Maybe things would have gone well with Aerith, but I think there is a great burden from Aerith.

Humming

Pro Adventurer
There’s this
View attachment 10512
I’m not sure where the above picture comes from but all in all there’s a lot about AC that I could only appreciate after looking into supplementary materials, so it’s unfortunate that AC’s execution didn’t quite measure up since there’s some pretty interesting ideas here that don’t always come across as well as they should
View attachment 10515
View attachment 10516
I think the movie makes a lot more sense when you understand the full picture, but alas AC’s pretty weak when it comes to actually showing these things

Apparently the writer himself, Nojima, agrees

‘Episode Tifa’ … first off, there’s the premise that things won’t go well between Tifa and Cloud, and that even without Geostigma or Sephiroth this might be the same. I don’t really intend to go on about my views on love or marriage or family (laughs). After ACC, I guess Denzel and Marlene could help them work it out. Maybe things would have gone well with Aerith, but I think there is a great burden from Aerith.

Oh so he does smiley, it's nice to get a confirmation hahaha. Yeah, the whole 'because I have you' speaks louder than the entire AC plot.

Where does the last paragraph from Nojima comes from? Maybe I didn't understand it correctly. The premise of CoT is that things aren't going well, but they eventually will make it work because of Denzel and Marlene, just for them? Isn't the novella before the film? Because we are supposed to think that at the end of the film Cloud is in a better mental state now and has let go of the past, why wouldn't things work now without the kids?

Top Bottom