Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Re: Faith v. 3.0

I was never really hard-core Clerith even thought I did used to like it, and I also did used to fence sit something fierce. But I have since learned better. :)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

I didn't know it was this big thing until AC was announced, but I sat on the fence for a while. But the Compilation made me change my mind.

Isabella

Your Mom

I always felt CxT was the conclusion that made the most sense, but at least pre-AC I thought there was a little room for speculation. I don't see much room for it now.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

I think the thing that seals the relationship between Cloud and Tifa is that Tifa is the key to Cloud's real personality. Up until then, I do believe it was able to be interpretted freely by the fans; of course, I'm not sure about the end part (the bare hand reaching down for Cloud out of the shining white light). If Cloud hadn't been subconsciously looking for himself, and/or if Tifa wasn't there with him, I think the outcome would have been different - it would have had to be different, if Cloud was to live.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Yes but remember, the hand coming out of the light suddenly turns into Tifa's hand once Cloud snaps back to reality. This is one thing that I've never really given that much thought to and yet, now that I've mentioned it I find that my curiosity is piqued. Was Aerith trying to show Cloud the way to go to escape? Did Aerith know Tifa was in danger and was guiding Cloud to her? Was she telling Cloud to live? Showing him what he has to live for?

Oooooooo let's discuss! ^_^

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

Damn it all! >:(

I would really like to believe that scene (where the bare hand reaches down out of the white light) is the staff's way of saying that Aerith and Tifa were/are/always will be, in some ways, one in the same, at least in the very beginning - only separated due to game storyline fixes, changes and additions. :P

But... There's no proof for that. It's all (my own) speculation. :-\

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Well what I said was my own speculation as well. That's why I asked if people thought it was true. For all we know, you could be right, Arianna. :)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

According to Maiden, she was leading him back.

According to the UO, it is simply 'the hand in the light' which 'changes to reveal Tifa's hand'

Externally, I've seen it as a middle finger expecting a last minute ressurection of Aerith, but that's not a valid in game explanation.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

I like Maiden's explanation. Cloud knew that Aerith was leading him, so that he wouldn't drown in a sea of Mako. :B I think it's interesting that Aerith's theme stops just as abruptly as her hand disappears, and then Tifa's theme starts right up. And they've been together ever since. :duhard:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne

Here's a dumb fluffy question, but my mom's been watching those retarded wedding reality shows tonight and they were on while I was downstairs.

If Tifa and Cloud got married, who would they choose as their groomsmen/bridesmaids?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

[quote author=Ravynne link=topic=131.msg30504#msg30504 date=1237083332]If Tifa and Cloud got married, who would they choose as their groomsmen/bridesmaids?[/quote]

Definitely Denzel and Marlene, as Isabella said; perhaps Yuffie and one of the guys would be in there too.

I don't believe it would be a huge affair (people wise), so perhaps just the two kids, and everyone else as a guest. :)

Sorry, but I had to laugh at the thought of Barret as a groomsman... ;D That would be a wedding to remember!

And Ravynne, my mother loves to watch Bridezilla; I wonder how those women get guys at all!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Cid would be presiding. Vince or Red XII would be best man. Barret would be father of the bride. Yuffie would be head bridesmaid, though she would insist is was only because the real head couldn't be there. Denzel would ringbear, Marlene would be flower girl.
Reeve would pay for it. After insisting on the big lavish wedding in the first place.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

You know, as tight knit as they may have become in their bid to save the world, all the members of Avalanche seem to have their own separate lives away from each other. Sure invitations would be in order but would Yuffie or Vincent or Nanaki etc. really be members of the wedding party?

Of course Denzel and Marlene would be in it, and Barret as well since he is so close with Cloud and Tifa. I suppose Cid could preside over it, what with being the captain of a ship and all and probably because Cloud and Tifa don't know anyone else with that authority. If not Cid then who, a total stranger?

And I think Tifa is beyond needing someone to give her away. It could be Barret, maybe, but I kind of like the idea of him being the best man. Unless Denzel doubles as both ring bearer and Best Man, which in a lot of cases wedding don't have a ring bearer and the best man takes care of it anyway. And that way Marlene could be maid of honor as well as flower girl. I don't see them wanting anything huge. That might be all they need. :)

Isabella

Your Mom

There's something about it just being Cloud, Tifa, Marlene and Denzel that makes sense to me. I would think Cloud and Tifa would view it as very personal and intimate, something only to share with family. Heck, they don't even seem to talk about their relationship with the rest of Avalanche, even though the rest of them obviously know what's going on.

^^To be honest, that's how I've always felt, if Cloud and Tifa were ever to really tie the knot. I can't imagine them having a wedding party with guests; maybe just a small ceremony. Though if things were different, Zack would definitely be the best man and Aerith would be the bridesmaid.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Huh, am I the only one that sees Cloud and Tifa's wedding as big and extravagant? I think their friends wouldn't miss it for the world. Even Reno would attend. =D

Heh, well that's just me. I can't imagine Cloud and Tifa suscribing to a wedding party. But I agree, I don't think their friends would want to miss out on it. The thing is, they must be invited first. :monster:

-shrug- But who knows. If Yuffie pesters them about it, just like how she did with the get-together, it might happen. :monster:

A

Great Old One

I don't even imagine Cloud and Tifa getting married, tbh. I don't see them as traditionalists. :monster: They probably already broke the abstinence rule anyways. :duhard:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=131.msg30531#msg30531 date=1237095702]Reeve would pay for it. After insisting on the big lavish wedding in the first place.[/quote]

Don't you mean Rufus? ;D

... I could see Rufus putting his spin on the wedding, too.

"If I'm going to pay for this, you're going to...(insert orders here)..." ~ :P

lol. I bet Rufus is going to act like some weird control freak.

That would force Cloud and Tifa to have another more private wedding.

:monster:

Cloti weddingx2

Top Bottom