Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

null.

Pro Adventurer
Re: Faith v. 3.0

Just make sure you stock up on spells before the Lunatic Pandora, which is the point of no return (sometime on disc 3).

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

With FFVIII I got as far as the Lunatic Pandora then... I just haven't played since. Maybe I should pop it in again sometime and finish it. How close was I to the end anyway?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Ah, cool. Knowing I'm near the end may give me more incentive to finish it already. But first I know I'll have to go around and level up because I remember not being able to defeat Fujin and Raijin.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Uh, reasonably close, probably up to five hours of gameplay left. But I'm not sure, it all depends on how you play it and whatnot.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Awesome. Thanks. Here I was thinking I had a lot longer than that left to go. Maybe I'll go finish it up finally then. :monster:

Speaking of FFVIII, do you guys really think that Tifa's AC design makes her look like Rinoa?

annacamille

the feels.
AKA
dewey dell / annacamille / anna

Thanks for the advice, guys!! ^_^

btw old fanart but totally appropriate for this time of year:
708.jpg

null.

Pro Adventurer

I like Tifa's personality more than Rinoa's when she's calling Barret a retard in the stairs, when she wants to smash Corneo's balls and when she gets excited about video games. The great equalizer is the fact that Tifa spends 90% of her screentime concerned with Cloud's bullshit. In that case, I respect the distinctiveness of Rinoa's character in relation to her leading male; her story's not completely and utterly wrapped around Squall.

Rinoa's outfit is essentially her trademark, but AC Tifa was designed carefully enough to retain her athletic, blue-collar traits that Rinoa completely lacks. So I don't think it's a lazy rehash if that's what you're getting at.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=null link=topic=131.msg3891#msg3891 date=1230085778]
I like Tifa's personality more than Rinoa's when she's calling Barret a retard in the stairs, when she wants to smash Corneo's balls and when she gets excited about video games. The great equalizer is the fact that Tifa spends 90% of her screentime concerned with Cloud's bullshit. In that case, I respect the distinctiveness of Rinoa's character in relation to her leading male; her story's not completely and utterly wrapped around Squall.[/quote]

:P

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

The rehash thing is what I was mainly getting at. So many people say that Tifa was made into a Rinoa clone in AC, which I've never agreed with mainly do to my bias from the fact that I was never a Rinoa fan.

null.

Pro Adventurer

Tifa and Rinoa could match outfits everyday and still be complete opposites.

Look at it the other way around. If they're really clones,

tifa.jpg

^^ could Rinoa pull that outfit off?

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

I think its because Tifa is `gorgeous` while Rinoa is just `pretty`.

The only other FF character that really reminds me of Tifa is Stella from Versus.
They`ve got the same appeal I think. And also look a bit alike too.

haichinamie

Banned

i thought normura said that he was inspired by rinoa's look for tifa's ac look.... i am 100% positive... do not question me i am very knowledgable. :D

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer

As much as I like Rinoa, Tifa's level of awesomeness is way beyond hers. And that applies to their outfits as well, although they do have some similarities.

[quote author=spirit_chaser link=topic=131.msg3959#msg3959 date=1230107105]The only other FF character that really reminds me of Tifa is Stella from Versus.
They`ve got the same appeal I think. And also look a bit alike too.[/quote]I'm also getting the Tifa vibe from Stella. Back when she was revealed most people were saying she looked like Aerith while I was seeing Tifa all over the place. I don't think they'll end up being clones, but as you said, they kind of have the same appeal.

Um, guyz, I support the Cloti so I'll hang out around here if that's okay. :monster:

fainessae

sleepy

Well, Rinoa is just a child while Tifa is a mature woman. (Even at the start of FF7, Tifa gave off a far darker/more mature vibe than Rinoa.) I love both dearly, but they're both at different stages of character life. <3

Even if Tifa wore Rinoa's duster, it would look completely different (well, Tifa has a far more lovely figure anyway, so of course it would).

My problem with the AC outfit is not that it looks like Rinoa's, but rather that it's once again Nomura succombing to "look alike" syndrome... This has happened a lot recently. XD

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

I'm just not a fan of rendered leather. I dun liek eeeeeet! It just looks weird. Tifa's AC outfit, Tidus' pants, blah. Use a different material until you can figure out how to make the leather look normal! lol

As for whole age difference thing I guess I never really looked at it that way before.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED

I think its because Tifa is `gorgeous` while Rinoa is just `pretty`.
That's because Tifa was made to be the beauty of FFVII, whereas Rinoa wasn't. Nomura actually made the decision to make her look "cute", but nothing out of the ordinary.

it's once again Nomura succombing to "look alike" syndrome
He gave Squall a half-skirt thing ;__;

I don't really see the Stella/Tifa comparisons. They look nothing alike. If you're talking face, sans hair and eye color, all SE faces look the same.

Top Bottom