• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

a_apple 2.0

Pro Adventurer
AKA
a_apple
I have more the impression that she thinks they just forgot about her, which links up with her previous idea that they all considered her like a trophy, implying that they liked her only superficially.
Yes it's very likely that Shinra hunted them down after the incident, but if they died during the two years before it their families would have been informed. They just stopped thinking about her once they got to Midgar. In the letter of the son of the owner of the general store (...Emilio?) it was stated that he didn't even make it into the army, he was unemployed and lived in the slums - indeed he appears also in CC around Wall Market.

(Ehe now that I read the letter again there's a little inconcistency:
I just arrived in Midgar eight days ago. Yesterday, all of Nibelheim got together to welcome me. The only person that we couldn't get a hold of was Cloud. But everyone said he wasn't really that close to us. So even if we asked, he probably wouldn't have come anyway.
But Cloud is supposed to be last one getting to Midgar. Maybe this boy spent some months somewhere else, who knows ?)
Yeah that's my interpretation too. After going into the big city they just forgot about Tifa and she kinda knows it, showing the reader that their feelings for her were just superficial, after the first year away from home and meeting new people and and enjoying their life Tifa is probably to them just a nice memory. Which is again another difference between Cloud and the other boys. Because everything Cloud does is in reaction to Tifa. His obsession in protecting people, his immense desire to become a Soldier, his shame in not being able to become one it's all connected to Tifa. To him she was his life goal.

Eerie

Fire and Blood

I was today's year old when I learned that Interrupted by Fireworks plays when Tifa finds Cloud in Mideel - I had never noticed before that.... I knew this song was considered as cloti because the cloti GS date is the only one that's interrupted by the fireworks as the song title suggest, but here, take my heart and rip it already SE :'(

Edit: she also added this:

This song plays when she finds Cloud mako poisoned in Mideel, right after she talks to a stray cat about how maybe he's been "separated from someone he loves".

:'( Mideel is going to destroy me in 4K, that's for sure.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I had never thought it was there:

I mean, when you think about it, it makes sense but...??? For some reason, I thought they were closer to the Northern Crater, which in hindsight is stupid since it's snowy there :wacky:

Edge. That was the name people recently started using for this city. Up until two years ago this area was just a wasteland. A barren land that stretched out from the east side of Midgar, a city of steel and iron.

And it's also the place where they chose to settle :lol: (from TURKS -The Kids are Alright- novella).

Last edited:

lyingbanana

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
A banana
Hello,

Long time lurker here. I was thinking since the devs have said this time there will be less room for players imagination. How do you all think they will handle the fade to black in the Highwind scene. I mean they will not get explicit but, will we finally get an onscreen kiss from these two? ^_^

Phantasia

Pro Adventurer
Welcome @lyingbanana!

I'm leaning towards a kiss then the fade to black. I could say the will tackle the scene as in the original, but part of me feels that if they want to surpass people expectations with the remake, hitting the same plot points from the original but with a more emotional twist is the way to go.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah, before the release, I thought that we'd get the same treatment than in the OG, or a hug... However, they did give us a hug in part 1, and that changes the deal. In narration, to make it work and make your players understand the feelings that they share, you can only go up; that means that if you give a hug to the main pair in part 1, you will have to deliver more overtime. As such, I do think it's very probable that we will get a kiss and a fade to black under the Highwind. It's also very possible that we do get another hug in the Lifestream scene (at the end when they come back). And some snuggling around the campfire at Cosmo Canyon after Aerith's death, since it's a scene you can get in the OG.

It's also interesting because I do think that we'll get 4 parts for Remake, not 3, so it means that the next part will have to come up with a lot of new things if they want to allude to the GS date once again like they did in part 1. I'm predicting a fun chapter at Costa del Sol (dresses = swimsuits, a sort of Wallmarket chapter) and then resolution-like scenes should be at Cosmo Canyon IF they include them. Let's not forget that there weren't a lot of romance scenes in the OG during that time.

Also before I forget, welcome abord @lyingbanana!

lyingbanana

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
A banana
Thank you guys!

That's how I feel too, a kiss and call it a day.

Another sweet moment that never gets mentioned form the OG. Near the end, on their way to the northern crater, Tifa asks Cloud to tell her everything will be alright, and you can choose how to say it, just variations of the same phrase and he says it. It's a small moment but feels sweet to me, doesn't judge her just reassures her when she needs it.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Question regarding the OG I'm currently replaying!

GSDate-1.PNG

So I'm replaying and of course going the Tifa route I got this scene. BUT!!! I remember clearly when I first replayed a few months ago (yeah I'm replaying just for a combo) that Tifa took Cloud on the date... while everyone was still downstairs, in front of the stairs. Like, in this scene she still hesitates a bit, but in the other one, she was really bold? So are there two scenes depending on how many points she has? Because first I thought they must have changed it a bit for the PC version - they sometimes do! but now I got this scene and I distinctly remember getting another one!

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yeah, there's no such scene, I just checked both fields for it. Your memory is playing tricks on you. If you want some minor validation though, Tifa's dialogue is first in Cloud's hotel room lol.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
@Odysseus do you know if there's a way to check how many romance points I got? I may replay just to see because yeah the thing is... the stair scene did schock me, because I thought I would get the bedroom scene. I also didn't take any screenshot during that playthrough and of course I didn't have any interesting saving points. So I want to compare both files. I'm reallyyyyyyyyy confused there.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
You can download the Black Chocobo save editor to view your Love Points on the PC version. I assure you though, there's no extra scene with Tifa there, though. Here's the script for that sequence:
1638313115338.png
^ This is the scene that plays out between the party at the base of the stairs.

1638313269436.png
^ And here is where the love points are called. Once it determines who you have the most points with, it sets up a party with Cloud and that character, then immediately transitions to the hotel room map (ghotin_2). There's no check for points before then, and no calls to execute scripts in any more character entities. Tifa's only scene is her reassuring Red XIII he isn't a Sephiroth Clone here.
The only thing she says to Cloud is this:

{TIFA}
“You're not the only one who's worried!”

Eerie

Fire and Blood
That is the weirdest thing ever because I am 100% positive that I had Tifa taking Cloud for a date with the others around down the staircase. I thought they had changed it for the PC version and was actually a little SAD that I wouldn't get the bedroom version! So no my memory definitely isn't playing tricks on me because that's something I thought about since replaying it a few months back (I don't doubt that the same scene exists for Aerith BTW). I mean, I was actually BUMMED to not see that scene!

Edit: looking at the love points from my first save; I had 45 points for Aerith and 78 for Tifa (note: this is AFTER the GS date). The one that I'm currently playing right now are at 40 for Aerith and 96 for Tifa (right before the GS date). I'm super confused lol. Both dates went smoothly, nothing else changed, just the starting point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom