Fat People

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVohNRVJHn4

This is fucked up. First they say how much she weights, people gasp. Then she comes in on stage, and he says: "Look at you! Aren't you pretty? :monster:"

How stupid can you get? And the mother keeps crying. "BUT I LUFF MA BBY, SO I TTLY GEEFS HER F00D!!!"

It'd be pretty fucked up if he told her that she was a slobby ass pig and that she should get up off of her bulbuous ass and actually do something other than eat herself to death.

Every parent, no matter how fucked up their perception of love is, will always stand by their child in some way. Forgot to add, that their (the parent's) own perception of what "standing by their kid" is varies heavily. Most of the time parents who feel the need to "pack on" things unto their child, are normally substituting something that they themselves lack, and shoving it down their kid's throats instead.

In other words, if a parent themself has a poor outlook on themself then they're liable to devote their time to their child to ensure that they are accepted by society in a positive way.

Last edited:

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
Tennyo said:
I think the issue here is, well, these people's amount of issues. I have a friend who has been fighting obeisity all her life. She loose weight and gain it back, then loose and gain. She goes on crash diets then quits after two weeks when she realizes she hasn't become skinny yet, even though that is NOT enough time to give yourself to loose a lot of weight

Well for the most part, Overweight doesn't bother me. Its when you have rolls hanging off the rolls of the parts of you that shouldn't ever have weight... like your ankles.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well for the most part, Overweight doesn't bother me. Its when you have rolls hanging off the rolls of the parts of you that shouldn't ever have weight... like your ankles.

This is basically her, or has been her in the past. :/

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA

In which case those are cankles. :awesome:

What bothers me isn't the overall body image so much as it is the loss of self-control. Watching a 550 lb. man eat plates filled to the brim with greasy food: fried chicken, fries, and sauerkraut somehow come to my mind, is the one of the most disgusting things I've ever had to see.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well she lives like an hour away from me now, and she never wants to hang out with anyone, and she won't talk to me about these types of issues since I'm only about half her size. :/

Other friends of mine had talked to her, and she only gets defensive, or tries to avoid the subject.

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
Well she lives like an hour away from me now, and she never wants to hang out with anyone, and she won't talk to me about these types of issues since I'm only about half her size. :/

Other friends of mine had talked to her, and she only gets defensive, or tries to avoid the subject.

That's the number one reason I hate it so much. Their lives are just fucked. All they got going for them is a cat, their tv, internet foruming, and the next tub of cookie dough.

Its sad really. Being active is so great. Playing frisbee and tennis and soccer and stuffs.

Well... its good you know and care.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I don't understand how people get like that, but it's not my place to judge them at all.

Making fun of people you don't even know for how they look? Class A sophistication right there.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
That's the number one reason I hate it so much. Their lives are just fucked. All they got going for them is a cat, their tv, internet foruming, and the next tub of cookie dough.

Its sad really. Being active is so great. Playing badminton and soccer and jogging and stuffs.

fixx'd fgj. :monster:

But yeah being active not only makes you a healthier person but in the long-term it promotes higher self-esteem, a boost of confidence, and it's a great way to meet people. :wacky:

But being stuck inside and having food within your reach decreases your motivation to feel better. You get withdrawn into yourself because you lose the ability to control your eating habits. You lost respect yourself because of the way you perceive yourself to be and you ultimately think that people will share this negative sentiment when they see you.

It's a vicious crippling cycle. You stay home, you lose control, you eat, you wallow in self-pity, rinse and repeat.

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
No its an ignore Mako Eyes thread.

Oh fuck. I screwed up.

Making fun of people you don't even know for how they look? Class A sophistication right there.
Its more like aids. If no one ever spread the awareness then where would we be? :)

And one more thing. Saying 'fat' is just part of who these people are is just bogus. They are hiding somewhere under all the lard. I want to help them out. Its something people can do something about.

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Okay first of all, as a fat person, I have to say fuck every one of you.

:monster:

The most common case with over weight people is that they have slow metabolisms. Sure. It's a common case. And losing weight is no walk in the park believe me, it's a grueling slow process that could take years (such as in the case of those obese people y'all are talking about) to lose the weight and look "normal". Putting on weight is so much easier than taking it back off. Because there are a lot more factors to put in, such as watching what you eat, exercising enough to burn off what you eat, and making sure to maintain an otherwise healthy lifestyle.

And let me ask you something. Any one fat person can take the weight off. They can go to the gym. But when they have society judging them as harshly and sometimes even harsher than you have demonstrated, do you think they'll want to go to the gym and be judged daily? No. Fat people are so ashamed of what they are/look like because of how society treats them. And even if they did lose the weight, the thoughts comes across like "Well if I'm as skinny as such and such, am I gonna be a complete bitch like her too? Is that the cost of being skinny?"

So rly I don't think any of you can talk until you gain 50 lbs and walk around like a lard and watch how the world treats you.

Atticus

Kissed by Fire

The most common case with over weight people is that they have slow metabolisms. Sure. It's a common case. And losing weight is no walk in the park believe me, it's a grueling slow process that could take years (such as in the case of those obese people y'all are talking about) to lose the weight and look "normal". Putting on weight is so much easier than taking it back off. Because there are a lot more factors to put in, such as watching what you eat, exercising enough to burn off what you eat, and making sure to maintain an otherwise healthy lifestyle.

And let me ask you something. Any one fat person can take the weight off. They can go to the gym. But when they have society judging them as harshly and sometimes even harsher than you have demonstrated, do you think they'll want to go to the gym and be judged daily? No. Fat people are so ashamed of what they are/look like because of how society treats them. And even if they did lose the weight, the thoughts comes across like "Well if I'm as skinny as such and such, am I gonna be a complete bitch like her too? Is that the cost of being skinny?"

So rly I don't think any of you can talk until you gain 50 lbs and walk around like a lard and watch how the world treats you.

Get a group of friends that play ultimate frisbee or tennis or something and start getting active. Trust me. Life is so much better that way.

And fuck. Don't do it for looks. I'm not making fun of ugly people am I? Do it because you want to feel good and be active. Don't care what others think.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
lolfrisbee. Tennis would be good if it weren't such a leg impacting sport on the cankles. :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I would be more active except the whole MS thing. Yeah, that puts a damper on being active. :awesome:

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
I would be more active except the whole MS thing. Yeah, that puts a damper on being active. :awesome:

This thread isn't about harping on people with MS.

You just fit in another category now is all that wouldn't be good to mock. Don't feel bad. How severe is your MS? Can you go for walks?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Swimming's good. But what fat person wants to go swimming and get MAJORLY judged? :monster:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA

Hon, I never said that it was easy. And to be honest putting on weight is the hardest fucking thing to do. Ever. We're on both ends of the spectrum. No matter how much I eat, I'll never be at a comfortable weight. I'm only 105 lb. and I'm 5'3" I look smaller than I am due to that. It's hard being ridiculed by your own friends and being called "skinny" or "skin and bones" and hearing that is debilitiating. Even if they reassure you that it's a joke, the damage is already done. They don't know what it's like to challenge yourself to get through a plate of food three times a day and to actually keep it down and to resist the urge to throw everything away.

Whether gaining weight or losing it, it's always going to be a challenge. The part that is hard to watch is when you lose control. When you can't sit through a meal sometimes and eat everything off your plate because it sickens you and I'm saying that through personal experience. What's hard also on the other end is trying not to eat as much food, I know people that have to struggle with that everyday. They go on diets and they lose a few pounds and the next week they gain it right back again.

If I offended you, I'm sorry. But my personal belief is that losing weight--it shouldn't be something for all of society to accept. It should be a personal thing that you want to stay healthy, to be happy, to be active, who the hell cares if you'll be accepted. People are people. What matters is how you perceive yourself and whether you're willing to take on the challenge to better yourself.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Swimming's good. But what fat person wants to go swimming and get MAJORLY judged? :monster:
You can do what the resident fat dude does and jog at night.

Of course, I imagine that might be a bit hard as a chick...

Atticus

Kissed by Fire

EVERYONE GETS JUDGED.

I have a chest problem which leaves kind of an indent thing in my chest but I go swimming anyway because its fun. Screw other people. Hell there's this kid I know with no arms that's a better swimmer I know than most people. He gets looks all the time but he's cool with that.

Trust me. Just do it because getting out and getting the blood pumping feels so good.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I understand that people who are underweight have it hard as well, but perhaps not as hard as fat people do. Because if you take into consideration the fact that fashion models are skinny, being skinny is far more acceptable than it is to be overweight.

And the unfair thing about being overweight is that most people are fine as they are. Most people are comfortable in their own skin and accept the few extra pounds, but it's when a stranger will look at you with a funny face, or somebody you love pokes fun at you that it starts to take a toll on a persons self esteem and eventually something that they used to love about themselves is the one thing that disgusts them the most.

Thank you society, :monster:

edit: I'm not all that bothered by swimming in public an shiz since we have our own pool now :awesome: I'm just saying in general... but fat people have a lot of smaller obstacles to hurdle over just to try and achieve something so that they won't have to be judged anymore.

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
I understand that people who are underweight have it hard as well, but perhaps not as hard as fat people do. Because if you take into consideration the fact that fashion models are skinny, being skinny is far more acceptable than it is to be overweight.

And the unfair thing about being overweight is that most people are fine as they are. Most people are comfortable in their own skin and accept the few extra pounds, but it's when a stranger will look at you with a funny face, or somebody you love pokes fun at you that it starts to take a toll on a persons self esteem and eventually something that they used to love about themselves is the one thing that disgusts them the most.

Thank you society, :monster:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Maybe some people are confident with how they look and they are the ones that walk around in bikinis getting tans and whatnot but most of us aren't very confident at all. We're just as scared to take off our shirt as the next fat guy.

Trust me. Fat is not who you are. Its like saying shy is who someone is but its not. Shy is just a mask that hides the true you.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
They do that on either side, really.

My ex used to . . . he said this comment one time that bothered me and now that I think about it, it still kind of does. When I told him that I was considered for modeling which I found to be really offensive (since they're usually so skinny) he'd said that he wasn't surprised because, "well look at how skinny you are."

I mean the one you love saying that--that's like saying that you're a poster child for anorexic people everywhere. I get ridiculed, people who have eating disorders get ridiculed. It's hard. Period. It's hard for people on either spectrum to understand what it's like to be something they're not. I can't say that I know what it's like to be overweight and to be judged by everyone all the time but I do know what it's like to be underweight and to be pressured to gain "a few extra pounds--10 or 20 would be fine."

And I know what it's like to feel like an absolute failure when you realized that you went to bed hungry because you couldn't stomach your dinner. I used to love being slim too, really. I used to embrace it because the models I'd see were thin as well. But when I started to get malnourished and lacked the proper vitamins and nutrients to help me get through the day, that's when I realized I had a problem.

It's just hard on both sides. No one side is worse or harder than the next because they're extreme.

Last edited:
Top Bottom