FF 25th Anniversary Memorial Ultimanias

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
http://www.i-mezzo.net/log/2012/12/18220759.html

The review here recommends the first volume for exactly the reasons you bring up a couple of times there: for the games from VII onwards they have already had a number of Ultimania books dedicated to them (and in the case of the third volume multiple ones for each), whereas they aren't as many books that are as readily available for the first six games.

But all three seem to have gotten bad reviews on Amazon so far, for the reason that most of the images are stuff that's mostly in other books already and there isn't much else to them considering the price. There isn't apparently much to actually read, so I wouldn't go into it hoping to find story or character related discoveries. You might get some early concepts and ideas, but that's about it?

Concept art and illustrations seem to make up the main body of the books. They sound more like artbooks than what Ultimania's usually are, but without the benefit others like the FFXIII Ultimania Omega had of having an entire book to dedicate to a single game without any strategy guide type content taking up pages.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
How disappointing. Certainly glad I didn't rush into pre-ordering all three or something.

I'm still willing to get the second one, but I'm now fully convinced I'm leaving the other two alone.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I found this in tumblr

tumblr_inline_mfh7jhAnIV1qg79sa.jpg

The only weird thing is that there is an arrow between Vincent and Elena, but if AC is included that may make sense.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I don't know, it looks more like it's pointed to the turk box than Elena. Vincent is an ex-turk right? :monster:

I'm more curious about the Clack line. :awesome: Does it say "lovers"? :desu:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Vincent's arrow is pointed at the Turk box, yeah. And the Zack/Cloud line is probably the usual "best friends"/"one-time best friends" business. And despite the fuzzy, I can make out the usual "osanajimi"/"childhood friends" line between Cloud and Tifa.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
BIASED TRANSLATIONS. CLACK'S LINE OBVIOUSLY SAYS "KOIBITO/LOVERS". WHY SHOULD I LISTEN TO YOU? :rage:

Does anyone have a bigger picture? I kind of want to see what Cid's line to Shera says now. I also want to see whose Barret's line is pointing to. :monster:

Just learned that my grandparents will transfer a shitton of money to my account in a few days. TIME TO BUY SOME ULTIMANIAS! :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yeah, the only unfortunate thing about there finally being some Ultimanias in hardback is that scanning won't be possible without damaging the book. Still, my phone takes excellent quality pictures, so that may be sufficient for some stuff.

Should have my book by sometime Monday if I understand correctly. Wish it was sooner, but I can't complain.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
If you or anyone needs any financial help to buy these things, let me know, I have internet money, :monster:.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
If you or anyone needs any financial help to buy these things, let me know, I have internet money, :monster:.

Uh yeah... I need help.. buying those.. yeah... so uh.. just throw some of that my way :awesome:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

Depending on what kind of coverage/content I end up being able to provide for the site with this thing, I may ask you for some of that. You could count it for both the U20 Scenario and this.

Actually, I have been trying to come up with some new article ideas involving the U20, but I'm waiting to see what this Ultimania I have on the way has to offer before I do anything.

I just don't want to ask you for any compensation until I feel like I've earned it. The three articles we got out of the U20 doesn't seem like enough.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Wow, they neatly organized FFs into their three respective eras. I'll probably buy Vol. 1 and 2, and imagine that's the end.

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
No FFVIII sample page makes me sad, while VII gets two... I recently bought the original VIII Ultimania. Once I learn Japanese I'll tell you what it says. :P

Top Bottom