FF Newbie Starting FF7 original

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
Was it really 20 min? I guess the underwater materia is optional then. If you do want to get it all you have to do is morph one of the pirateship enemys in the underwater reactor.

Its been so long i cant remember a good strategy for ruby. All this talk is making me want to do a playthrought.

D

Deleted member 13557

Okay, as I said when I accidentally posted in my other thread, I've got all of my party up to lvl 99, and I've mastered all summon materia bar two, which I'll do.

Coming off a high from beating Emerald. Lvl 99 with some decent materia (gave each character 8) and it still gave me a serious run for my money. First try though :)

Mime is nuts. I looked up what materia I should utilise, gave Cloud mime + counter and next thing I know I'm hitting it with like three consecutive omnislashes

Last edited by a moderator:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
If you use Knights of the Round on Ruby then you better have mastered Final Attack -> Revive materia ready because you'll take a Weapon empowered Ultima spell to the face.

Ruby Weapon hates Knights of the Round. He will counter that shit with Ultima every time.

FYI 25 hits from Magic Hammer will drain it of all it's MP :awesome:

D

Deleted member 13557

If you use Knights of the Round on Ruby then you better have mastered Final Attack -> Revive materia ready because you'll take a Weapon empowered Ultima spell to the face.

Ruby Weapon hates Knights of the Round. He will counter that shit with Ultima every time.
I'm gonna pick up final attack from the battle arena later, I've done all of the prerequisites.
Thanks for letting me know. Something tells me this isn't gonna be a 1st try kill like Emerald lol

D

Deleted member 13557

Imagine this is rather predictable, but still, this was kinda hard to put together :)

1: One-Winged Angel
2: Aerith's Theme
3: Birth of a God
4: Mako Reactor
5: Main Theme
6: Tifa's Theme
7: JENOVA
8: Attack of the WEAPON
9: Desert Wasteland
10: Listen to the Cries of the Planet.

3 and 2 spent a lot of time switching.

Tracks that spent time on this list at some point: Lifestream, Judgement Day, Mako Cannon - The Destruction of Shinra, Shinra's Full-Scale Assault, Those Chosen by the Planet, Cosmo Canyon, Under the Rotting Pizza, Opening - Bombing Mission.

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
Imagine this is rather predictable, but still, this was kinda hard to put together :)

1: One-Winged Angel
2: Aerith's Theme
3: Birth of a God
4: Mako Reactor
5: Main Theme
6: Tifa's Theme
7: JENOVA
8: Attack of the WEAPON
9: Desert Wasteland
10: Listen to the Cries of the Planet.

3 and 2 spent a lot of time switching.

Tracks that spent time on this list at some point: Lifestream, Judgement Day, Mako Cannon - The Destruction of Shinra, Shinra's Full-Scale Assault, Those Chosen by the Planet, Cosmo Canyon, Under the Rotting Pizza, Opening - Bombing Mission.

No love for Words Drowned by Fireworks? :O

D

Deleted member 13557

How I did it:
Kill both of your party members outside of the Ruby battle (in my case, Cid and Vincent)
Make sure you equip W-Summon, HP Absorb + Hades, MP Absorb + Knights of Round and Mime. All, with the exception of W-Summon and Mime, need to be mastered.
Cast Hades and KotR in that order, mime, repeat.
You win.

3rd try.

D

Deleted member 13557

Pretty much what I did many years ago. Great job!!
Now to get 99,999,999 gil, get Yuffie's lvl 4 limit break and date Barret at the gold saucer. Goin' for the platinum.

I might get everyone's lvl 4 limit break on this one save just for the sake of it. Yes, I gave Aerith her lvl 4 limit break before she died.

And then after that I'll do a run where Cloud dates Tifa at the gold saucer. Anything else I could do?

Well now you have pwned the Planet's protective kaiju and proved your mettle against some of the hardest optional bosses in FF. You did it. :monster:

Are there harder optional bosses in FF? If so, jeez.
Planet's protective kaiju made me chuckle.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
How I did it:
Kill both of your party members outside of the Ruby battle (in my case, Cid and Vincent)
Make sure you equip W-Summon, HP Absorb + Hades, MP Absorb + Knights of Round and Mime. All, with the exception of W-Summon and Mime, need to be mastered.
Cast Hades and KotR in that order, mime, repeat.
You win.

3rd try.

Cool, congrats :)
In fear of that Ultima counter I've never mimed summons at Ruby. I use Dazers to paralyze it, Hero Drink Cloud up a bit so 4x cut can do some appreciable damage, and have the other two heal and chuck gil at it 10,000 at a time :monster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom